Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright Guys spent all day at Gillis Motorsports today getting my suspension done and fenders pulled. I asked him if it would be cool if we had a meet here at the end of the mont (thanks to Mr Tea). He told me he would love have a meet at his shop he said he would do a full out BBQ for us. SWEET! :spin: :spin: So I'm seeing who would be interested in doing this. I know Mr. Tea will be there at the end of the month to get his upper arms measured for some fabrication and I will be probably be having some more work done to my ride, since I live like 2 minutes away! SO WHO WOULD COME? Remeber free food!!!

Oh by the way Gillis Motorsports is located in Morgan HIll (Bay Area between San Jose and Gilroy)

·
Registered
381 Posts
date and address?
i might be able to

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd definately be down to go. I would also need Date and time especially because I'll be at SEMA on the 1st of November!!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm down if its before the 1st....i'll be at sema too

·
Registered
475 Posts
Me to, as long as its on a weekend i'm in.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah were going to shoot for the 28th (Saturday). And it will be some time in the afternoon, Andrew Gillis (the owner) said he'll do a whole BBQ for us! So around lunch time. :yesnod: I'm going over there again tomorrow to pick my car up and I'll get a specific time for the meet.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i'm glad you got things set up with him, he's a great guy, great family.

i won't be there for sure though. i'm going to try to get in there next monday to drop off my car, maybe it will be up on racks getting a new tranny when you guys are there?? i will be talking to him later today. i'm up in Monterey all next weekend for the World Challenge finals, then back here for a week, then Vegas for a week, so i'm pretty busy for a bit.

what you might wanna try to work out also, is the shop next to him got a new dyno a few months back....maybe they'd be willing to setup a dyno day if there's 5-10 of you guys and willing to do like $50-60 for a couple pulls.....just a thought?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i just got off the phone with Andrew, and i should know by tomorrow if i'm dropping off my car on the 23rd or not. All depends on cost at this point, so we'll see.

also told him he's welcome to hack up my stock arms if that means getting some adjustable A-arms going. so look for a possible GB coming for those.

2nd thing is he's got his intake manifold on his 2.3 already as well. as of now he's got a race version which might not clear our hood, and a street version that curves a bit more to fit. at this point though, they are a race looking product, so kinda picture that on the TriPoint cars, but a bit more toned down. if people are interested in that, let me know and i'll pass it his way, might see a few things coming from them soon i hope.

plan right now is to drop off the car on monday, and pick it up the week after SEMA i'd guess if all goes well. with custom stuff, i'm not sure how it will go, but he did a mtx swap on a focus without any issues a couple months back, so should be interesting at least. we'll see how this ecu likes it though, hopefully it's just a CEL....i won't mind having an 8th code pending if that's all it is.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Andrew told me he was probably going to do an ATX to MTX on your car. He aslo was telling me all the engine work he'd done to it too. If you go there on monday let me know I'll swing by, I just live 2 minutes away.

Oh by the way guys The meet will be on the 22nd (sunday). THAT IS FOR SURE!! Gillis Motorsports will be racing on the 28th. We will be doing a BBQ at the shop.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
the World Challenge finals are on the weekend you are planning, so i won't be there for sure. i'm not sure if he pulled his car out of it or not, but it's that weekend, not the 28th....so i'm not sure what's going on. i am up in Monterey the 20-23rd for the races, and will plan on just dropping off the car on the way home on the 23rd.

when i talk to him next i'll see what's going on.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah he is going to be racing that weekend but he said that Sunday he would be able to do the BBQ. He's only going to be in Monterey so it's just a 30min drive. But yeah talk to him and let me know.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
well it's all good to go. i'll be dropping off my car with Andrew on Monday. he wasn't able to get his car into the race this weekend, so lets hope for next season. i told him he can use my car for whatever he needs while he's doing it. so hoping when it's done he'll have arms and a manifold ready to sale.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i'll be the track all weekend, but maybe if anyone wants to meet up at night gimme a ring. might be doing some stuff with the Brembo guys, so not sure what's going on though. i planning on stopping by Gillis on Monday on my way back down here.

anyhow, 714-791-1299

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
BAY AREA? Thats like calling Sacramento bay area! Which i guess some might....

I suppose i'm north bay... so it seems farther for me... Anyway... more info

·
Registered
80 Posts
sweet...I just picked up my speed 6 a month ago, been obsessed with my car and looking to meet some other drivers in the south bay.

so I guess I'll see you saturday :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts