Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
speaking with the asst. service manager at my dealership he said the cx-7 might come with a turbo timer and at the same time mazda might make one that will work with the speed6. this perks me up because i love the stock look. he seemded pretty convinced they will be making one so i am hopeful and will wait to see for sure.

AEM needs now to relase their dyno numbers so i know what cai to buy. exhaust will have to wait. i might just buy new mufflers as borla says i can get a 10% increase in hp from theirs. that is 27 hp. that will put me at 300 horses. mmmmm. now the first to get 300 to the wheels wins.

·
Registered
163 Posts
\ i might just buy new mufflers as borla says i can get a 10% increase in hp from theirs. that is 27 hp. that will put me at 300 horses. mmmmm. now the first to get 300 to the wheels wins.
[/b]
I can't tell if thats sarc or not....if it is please disregard this next part and forgive me for missing it, if it isn't....well. It has been shown time and time again that cat back exaust systems for the 6 provide little to no hp increase. Is it the same for the speed6? they aren't that different are they..? Maybe im just uneducated but a 10% gain seems pretty farfeched...

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
This being a turbo motor and not a N/A one. The gains will be better for the speed6 with some free flowing muffs and wider piping.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah, 10% isn't unreasonable if the stock mufflers are restrictive on a turbo.

To the OP, I really doubt you need a turbo timer, unless it comes with other nifty add-on features that you want. Modern turbos, especially water+oil cooled, are fine as long as you aren't punching it hard right until you turn off the car.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Exactly. The time it takes to come to a complete stop, set the parking brake and turn off the car is enough for a factory water cooled turbo. Now if you're in the middle of a 1/4 run and shut the car off once you pass the line, not only are you stupid, but you'll run into some problems with the turbo cooling.

But it is nice to walk away from your car while its still running and people coming up to you saying "HEY, you know your cars still running?!?!"

Then you look back at your car and go, OMG, what's wrong?!?! The key is right here in my hand, how does it do that?!?! And act all paranoid. Then say, oh wait, its magic, then wiggle your nose and snap your fingers and your car shuts off in front of them.

Jason

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
AEM needs now to relase their dyno numbers so i know what cai to buy. exhaust will have to wait. i might just buy new mufflers as borla says i can get a 10% increase in hp from theirs. that is 27 hp. that will put me at 300 horses. mmmmm. now the first to get 300 to the wheels wins.
[/b]
Mufflers alone will not get you 27hp. You will get 27hp from a turbo-back with no cats and no mufflers (Srt-4 gets 35 with a catless, mufflerless turboback)

·
Registered
595 Posts
The key is right here in my hand, how does it do that?!?! And act all paranoid. Then say, oh wait, its magic, then wiggle your nose and snap your fingers and your car shuts off in front of them.

Jason
[/b]

You use a key for your MS6? your sig say you have a GT

·
Registered
998 Posts
You use a key for your MS6? your sig say you have a GT
[/b]
No, but you'd still have a 'key' in your hands as the credit card is your 'key'.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the person i got the info from is apparently not in the know. i spoke with a rep from mazda north american and he drove the new cx-7 and also spoke with the speed reps and they said no turbo timer to be found anywhere. he did, however, put in a request for one so perhaps if everyone does we can get a stock looking tubro timer.

·
Registered
595 Posts
No, but you'd still have a 'key' in your hands as the credit card is your 'key'.
[/b]

why take the card out of your pocket? couldnt you just push the button on the door with the card in your pocket, or activate auto locking at the dealership? whatever....not important

·
Registered
998 Posts
why take the card out of your pocket? couldnt you just push the button on the door with the card in your pocket, or activate auto locking at the dealership? whatever....not important
[/b]
You obviously don't get the point.

Yes you'd lock the doors prior. If you'd read my post you'd notice I stated the car was STILL RUNNING and people would question you as to why you walked away from your STILL RUNNING car. Then you'd pull out the key, whether it be a key or a credit card that contains a key, and show them you had the key in your possession yet the car was still running. :slap:

Who said anything about locking the car, the point is you'd pull out the 'key' showing them the car can run without the key and then magically turn off like you were a regular Houdini.

:sarc:

·
Registered
829 Posts
You obviously don't get the point.

Yes you'd lock the doors prior. If you'd read my post you'd notice I stated the car was STILL RUNNING and people would question you as to why you walked away from your STILL RUNNING car. Then you'd pull out the key, whether it be a key or a credit card that contains a key, and show them you had the key in your possession yet the car was still running. :slap:

Who said anything about locking the car, the point is you'd pull out the 'key' showing them the car can run without the key and then magically turn off like you were a regular Houdini.

:sarc:
[/b]
Um...doesn't work very well since we can run our cars without the credit card anyway...only part is it'll turn off after like 30 seconds, but you would have to time it well. Heh...whatever.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Um...doesn't work very well since we can run our cars without the credit card anyway...only part is it'll turn off after like 30 seconds, but you would have to time it well. Heh...whatever.
[/b]
/me shoots himself in the head.

Looks like I'm working with a bunch of morons. That's my freakin point! You'd walk away and the car would STILL BE RUNNING!

Oh my god.

:swearin:

·
Registered
829 Posts
/me shoots himself in the head.

Looks like I'm working with a bunch of morons. That's my freakin point! You'd walk away and the car would STILL BE RUNNING!

Oh my god.

:swearin:
[/b]
Let me try this again, friggin' idiot. Even without the turbo timer you can walk away with your key and keep the car running.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Let me try this again, friggin' idiot. Even without the turbo timer you can walk away with your key and keep the car running.
[/b]
Ok, so youre telling me you can walk away from your car while its running with the key (and you dont have a turbo timer) and the car will magically shut off after a desired amount of time? Provided your gas light isnt on your full of $hit :slap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
11 Participants
nickdina
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing