Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just wandered into the dealership for my 15k mi. check up and service. As a matter of fact i am sitting at their courtesy internet connection right now! I asked about a set of tires they had pilled up out front that were brand new. Dunlop Direzza DZ101 size 215 50 r17 speed rating 91V. Jokingly i asked my buddy Doug the service guy about the price on them and explained the fronts on my car were showing a little too much wear for my taste. He quoted me $136 per tired installed and all the trimmin's. I politely said thanks but no thanks. Later he pulls me over to the side and says, "i can put those tires on your car for $156. The tires, mounting, balancing and alignment for $156. To hell with the factory michelins!! I feel like i got a pretty good deal considering the tires on Tire Rack alone were $91 a piece!!! Come to find out later that the tires were ordered by another customer and he wrecked his car. So the tires have sat there ever since. Till now. They are being installed as i type!

I tried pressing my luck and getting Doug to let me have a MS6 for the weekend while they did my brakes too. That was a no go. It was worth a shot!

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
ummm...congrats on buying tires?

good job buddy, YOU DID IT!!!!

w00t!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have just wandered into the dealership for my 15k mi. check up and service. As a matter of fact i am sitting at their courtesy internet connection right now! I asked about a set of tires they had pilled up out front that were brand new. Dunlop Direzza DZ101 size 215 50 r17 speed rating 91V. Jokingly i asked my buddy Doug the service guy about the price on them and explained the fronts on my car were showing a little too much wear for my taste. He quoted me $136 per tired installed and all the trimmin's. I politely said thanks but no thanks. Later he pulls me over to the side and says, "i can put those tires on your car for $156. The tires, mounting, balancing and alignment for $156. To hell with the factory michelins!! I feel like i got a pretty good deal considering the tires on Tire Rack alone were $91 a piece!!! Come to find out later that the tires were ordered by another customer and he wrecked his car. So the tires have sat there ever since. Till now. They are being installed as i type!

I tried pressing my luck and getting Doug to let me have a MS6 for the weekend while they did my brakes too. That was a no go. It was worth a shot!

What do you guys think?
[/b]
Ok wait, he told 136 per tire, you said nope, he took you aside and said 20 bux more and you said ok? hmmmm :glare:

unless you are saying 156 for all? Well that rocks then.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ok wait, he told 136 per tire, you said nope, he took you aside and said 20 bux more and you said ok? hmmmm :glare:

unless you are saying 156 for all? Well that rocks then.
[/b]
i think that's what he meant....156 out the door for everything (all 4)....or else that would be pretty funny.
it's always about being at the right place at the right time!

·
Registered
979 Posts
how about pics?

·
Registered
83 Posts
yup I bought my Mazda 6 from Mazda of Knoxville about a month ago, they cut me a really good deal after about 20 minutes of bullshitting haha, overall im pretty happy with how they treated me. Anyways where you live at

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, been absent for a minute.

"Cat's Ass" = The "Duck's Nuts" = The "Bee's Knees" = Kick Ass!!!

Urban Dictionary!!! LOL They actually had it!?!?! Outstanding!!

$156 for all 4 tires!!! including mounting balancing and alignment.

These are the tires i got!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...re1=yes&place=0

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live off of Cedar Bluff. I am going to Kar Kare tonight if you want to join me and another guy here on the board. We go every Wednesday.

Who was your salesman over there. The service guy Doug is "the duck's nuts"! Look that one up in your dictionary!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
Armgdnman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing