Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Any venue ideas? I was thinking going south around the turner valley/black diamond area.

I'd like everyone's input.
[/b]

That sounds interesting... kind of a trek, but some interesting roads out that way.
One trouble may be is if Edmonton friends want to attend, it's a little out of their way.

·
Registered
356 Posts
A mountain area I would suggest would be Kananaskis. Closer than Banff, but still very nice. Some lakes, Nakiska, etc. Just my 2 cents.

I have never been to the Turner Valley area.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Red Deer? Sylvin Lake? Doesn't sound as interesting as the mountains...

That sounds interesting... kind of a trek, but some interesting roads out that way.
One trouble may be is if Edmonton friends want to attend, it's a little out of their way.
[/b]

·
Registered
72 Posts
turner valley is a nice area....

i usually go for a cruise to k-country from higway 1 to highway 40 out to longview then to highway 22 back to calgary....very nice cruise and some hiking, but the highway closes from late fall t0 late spring

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Red Deer? Sylvin Lake? Doesn't sound as interesting as the mountains...
[/b]
I would be up for a cruise to Red Deer / Sylvan lake. The mountains though I am not to sure about because of the km's I have to keep off the car since it's a lease. I did 83,00 on my old car in 3 years which is a good thing I bought it instead of leasing it. I would like to attend some of the Alberta meets but can't drive to far for them. I always can do business in Red Deer because I know people there but I don't know anyone in Calgary so there is also the factor of having to get a hotel which I don't really want to do. Unless you are meeting in Edmonton and going towards jasper to the mountains I could also pull that off. So I don't know how many Edmonton members there are but let's plan something a little closer to home if possible for at least one of the meets this summer?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I dont care where the meet is as long as its a day I got off. Any idea what the date will be? As for the location I would say just meet inbetween calgary and edmonton. (Red Deer) Then head west, but theres nothing good out there, unless you like Rocky mountian house. Dont be fooled by the name. Its not in the mountians. Banff sounds good to me, plus I keep promising my girlfriend Id take her there for a weekend, 2 birds with one stone.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey there all!

This just came in on the Prot website....

"Alright! Sounds good guys! So let's write it in stone and spread the word around. We need to make sure everyone has this marked on their calendar and books any appropriate time off from work.

Mazda in the Mountains 2006
Saturday, September 2nd

Pre-meet location - Canada Olympic Park @ 11:30am
Depart for Cruise to Bowvalley @ 12:30pm
MITM at Bowvalley (Whitefish location) 1:30pm to around 4:00pm

If people want to do other things after Bowvalley, it can be desided at the meet. For those that have never been to that location. There is a bit of a private parking area for all the Mazdas. Along the side there is a nice strip of grass for anyone wanting to have a little picnick or just sit and chill. The lot runs along the edge of river and if anyone wants to take a nice chilly dip is more than welcome to. There is an excellent view of some nearby Mountains which goes with the MITM theme perfectly."

Hope to see more of you there this year! :drive:

·
Registered
599 Posts
This is one week away... weather should be nice.... remember:

Mazda in the Mountains 2006
Saturday, September 2nd

Pre-meet location - Canada Olympic Park @ 11:30am
Depart for Cruise to Bowvalley @ 12:30pm
MITM at Bowvalley (Whitefish location) 1:30pm to around 4:00pm

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm gonna photochop my speed6 into the picture.
EX-celent. :D
[/b]

cool! that'd be interesting.... ya that is a great spot for pics. I have a few more of differant angles, but Jay took a lot, perhaps he'll post some more!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I certainly had a blast, as did my skeptical companion! Maybe next year she'll be bringing her Protege5 to the meet. Hahah, maybe not! At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures.

·
Registered
356 Posts
cool! that'd be interesting.... ya that is a great spot for pics. I have a few more of differant angles, but Jay took a lot, perhaps he'll post some more!
[/b]
I have some that I have uploaded. Most of the pictures I have are similar to the msprotege website pictures that SmilinVamp linked to. And I did a full walk-around of the 6's in the parking lot, but other than that, I have the same pictures as everyone else.

Regardless, they can be found here.

These two are nice.

Wheels - StevenKim - jaybag - Smilinvamp

As usual, if anybody wants full size versions of these pictures, let me know, I can email them.

I am a dumb-ass and have permanently reduced the size of the second attachment one... oops.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
11 Participants
cheesefarmer
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing