Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They showed up at work today. And looky looky...at who is in it...

That candy wagon looks familiar...

I'll post better pics and the article when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Congrats on the spread there socal. I would throw some hate your ways but it would just be out of jealousy. Maybe I'll have to stop by my dealership and swipe a copy.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jason [Insert Last Name Here] - Brea, Ca
2004 Mazda6 Sport Wagon

There are two Mazdas in Jason [insert last name here]'s family -- a Tribute for his wige, and this wild custom Mazda6 Sport Wagon for himself. "I originally went in for asedan but after seeing and driving the wagon, I liked it," explains the sales professional. "I also liked the fact that not that many people had them."

The candy-apple-red Sort Wagon has come a long way from the black car that [insert last name here] originally purchased. "THere was no plan at all," admits the International Allstarts club member. "I started with just a few mods, including lowering it, adding 19-inch chrome rims, and a carbon-fiber hood." Shortly thereafter Hason took his daily driver to the SevenStock event at Mazda's North American R&D facility in Irvine, Ca, and it won Best in Show. He credits the 20-plus coats of paint, applied by friend Pete Martinez, as part of its show appeal.

Inside is lavish black and red suede upholstery. But 28-year old Jason is most proud of the audio/visual system. It included four 10-inch ViVo TVs, including two facing outward in the rear windows. There is also a Sirius satellite radio reciever, four 12-inch Polk subwoofers, three amps, and three componet speaker sets. The only additions under the hood are a polished intake manifold, a Custom Performance Engineering cold-air intake, and a strut-tower brace. The modifications add up to more than $20,000.

[insert last name here] has entered the Mazda6 Sport Wagon in more than 20 car shows from San Diego to Las Vegan to San Francisco. And he drives it to each one. "I don't race it or anything like that," he says. "I just like to show it off."

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
you didnt name drop 6club at all... boo

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
they would'nt let me put any of my sponsors there in the write up either. I would have said 6club but they were limted to so many words. Sorry guys, next Mag i will mention u guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
socal714guy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing