Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my 6 since about October of last year, so it's been about 8 months. I have 2 younger sisters with the youngest just now driving. about 3 weeks ago my parents co-signed on a 2004 Mazda 3. it's a damn good looking car, inside and out. it's white with 17s, 4cyl and has black/tan interior. it looks good. i've never seen the inside of one, but i'm liking the dash.

okay, on to the other sister. she has had a 2002 mustang for nearly 2 years now. she hates it almost with a passion. she has been looking for an SUV that has either AWD or 4x4 despite my discouragement due to gas prices(just looking out for the loved ones). she has been looking for about 6 months now to no avail. apparently it's next to impossible to find an Envoy with 4x4(not sure what the deal is with that). anyways, she came into town about 2 weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with the Tribute. i don't know much about this one except that it is solid black interior/exterior. she loves it and is in the process of selling her mustang since she cannot get a good trade-in value for it.

so that's my story...it all started with my 6. my youngest sister wanted a 6 but ended up going with a 3. the other one didn't even want a Mazda until she saw the black Tribute. so the youngest sister got her car because of my 6 and the other one just because of looks.

so how many people on this forum have more than one Mazda in their family?

·
Registered
168 Posts
well, there me and my "military family" just about all of my closer friends have one. just for the record I got mine second but didn't know perfectquest had one already. but in all there is 6 in mine

·
Registered
544 Posts
I got the 6 first

then brought a protege bc i crashed my beater

now i just brought a miata for fun

possibly gettin the cx-7 later, maybe trade in the 6

·
Registered
979 Posts
Well we are a mazda family too! I have the MS6, the RX 8... My brother in law had a miata and his wife now has a P5, my father in law has a supercharged Miata too!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Mazda 6 5 door Mazda 6 Wagon Mazda Speed Protege, so we have 3 Mazdas at the moment, not sure if we'll get another anytime in the near future. But we may add the CX 9 when the decide what we'll do with the Volvo XC90

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Started off with the wife having a MX-3, which we drove from TX to NY on Memorial Day weekend. Then when the 3 started leakin oil, we decided to look at a new (used) car. We accidentally came across the yellow 6 and rest is history :drive:

Then when my lease went up from my tiburon, I then was looking for a beater car. The "nightmare" as the wife calls it, a new (used) MX-3 that I had picked up in OH with the help of the great msumlin! We then had to chock up the car up as a total loss by the garage (Long Story) and we ended up with one car again.

Til Xmas was coming around, we found our Tribute and picked it up the day after Xmas!

So the tally goes:

1. MX-3 (zoomer)
2. The 6 (Yellow sub)
3. MX-3 (Nightmare)
4. Tribute(custom plate=Mazda 4)
:seeya: :seeya: :seeya:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
my folks owned a 1982 626 till about 1993. Great car ran fine, until a mechanic fucked up replacing the head gasket I think. Ended up leaving a wrench in the car... shows u the quality of the guy

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it defenitely sounds like it is. i'm not exactly sure how she feels about going for a brand new car, although the Tribute she was looking at is fresh off the lot, also. i gave her the link to the CX-7 topic here, so i'll she what she says about it.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i currently have two mazdas in the stable, the MS6 and M6s. i had another M6s, but traded it in for the speed6.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the M6s is only a year old, but is driven for work. we're going to look at trading it in this fall. we're looking at the new Ford Edge, Mazda Cx-9, or Volvo S60. i love the mazdas, but once in a while you've gotta look at something new.

prior to buying the MS6 i test drove about a dozen cars, so i have a fairly good idea what i like/don't like. this one is mainly driven by the better half, so i have say, but not the final word.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the 6 and the wifey has the 3.

She got her car in March 2004 and we liked it so much that when it came time for me to get a new car in Oct 2004 I got the 6. Big mistake!!! While the 3 has has no problems at all, the 6 has been nothing but problems!! I cannot tell you how much I hate this car and everyting about the quality of Mazda service. I have just over another 2 painful years on my lease and I will not be getting another Mazda. The wife's lease is up in March 2008 and while she absolutely loves her car, she will not get another Mazda either.

All that being said, everyone in our neighborhood loves the look of our driveway. Gotta admit...they are good looking cars!!

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
There's my 6s, my future-brother-in-law's 6i, and my wife's looking into either the CX-7 or 3 for her next car.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
My mom had an 1982 626 mtx years ago. Great car until the Mechanic fucked up the exhaust gasket

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
23 Participants
ZoomZoom Diva
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing