Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OP, have you made a choice yet? Have you found that the cylinder deactivation causes durability or operating problems, or is it merely a matter of undesirable shakes or vibes sometimes? If the latter, can you live with that?
I have not made a choice yet. I am seeing the Dealer on Saturday the 13th. There are multiple dealers with 2019 Grey Tourings that I want. I am going to test drive them extensively to make sure I don't get any vibration with the CD. And if I do, I have 2 other cars in the area I can Test drive. It seems to be a hit or miss so I'm not overly worried about it.

As far as the Extended Warranty, I will likely hold off unless the dealer gives me a great deal on it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have not made a choice yet. I am seeing the Dealer on Saturday the 13th. There are multiple dealers with 2019 Grey Tourings that I want. I am going to test drive them extensively to make sure I don't get any vibration with the CD. And if I do, I have 2 other cars in the area I can Test drive. It seems to be a hit or miss so I'm not overly worried about it.

As far as the Extended Warranty, I will likely hold off unless the dealer gives me a great deal on it.
Be sure to engage the centre-screen on Cylinder Deactivation screen... so you can see when it goes in and out of CD... and at the same time you can try to feel and listen for how the car behaves on the transitions (in- and out) and the operation during.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts