Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got a call today from my local Mazda dealership and they want to do an emissions test on my vehicle. This is the scoop. In michigan, there is no limit for emmisions(so its not for a legal issue, its for Mazda nad their research and all that BS). So they are offering me 150 dollars + a full tank of gas+ a fully cleaned inside of the car.

Good part? Full tank of gas, and a clean car.

My question is, what could be bad? They want to run the car for the full tank of gas, will they rev it? how much mileage would they put?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Well, I got a call today from my local Mazda dealership and they want to do an emissions test on my vehicle. This is the scoop. In michigan, there is no limit for emmisions(so its not for a legal issue, its for Mazda nad their research and all that BS). So they are offering me 150 dollars + a full tank of gas+ a fully cleaned inside of the car.

Good part? Full tank of gas, and a clean car.

My question is, what could be bad? They want to run the car for the full tank of gas, will they rev it? how much mileage would they put?

[/b]
Actually, I'd jump on it. It's not like you've done any mods to the car yet, right? Besides, it's an official Mazda dealer.. If they fudge anything up, they'll fix it. You'd just have to be on their ass about it, that's all. If it's just an emissions check, they're probably just gonna measure the emissions coming out of the exhaust. They'll most likely rev it, but I highly doubt they're gonna drive it, cuz then they'd have to take all that equipment on the road..

Plus, the $150 can be put towards a set o' HID's or something.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I'd jump on it. It's not like you've done any mods to the car yet, right? Besides, it's an official Mazda dealer.. If they fudge anything up, they'll fix it. You'd just have to be on their ass about it, that's all. If it's just an emissions check, they're probably just gonna measure the emissions coming out of the exhaust. They'll most likely rev it, but I highly doubt they're gonna drive it, cuz then they'd have to take all that equipment on the road..

Plus, the $150 can be put towards a set o' HID's or something.
[/b]
Good point, I already have HIDs, so hopefully they dont fudge with too much under the hood where I have to start realigning and remounting things.

Maybe I will give it a go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts