Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told the new CX8 has the same skyactive diesel as the Mazda 6. Is that true? I am told the Mazda 6 has a lot of oil problems? Has this been fixed. Need to know before I make my purchase. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Are you speaking of the CX9 perhaps? The Mazda 6 is supposedly getting the diesel, but so far the only car in the US equipped with it is the CX9. No news yet on if and when the 6 will officially get the diesel.

·
Registered
941 Posts
North American diesel cars are going to be extinct in the next 10 years at the most, the US government is punishing them hardcore, I doubt Mazda will invest much in the North American diesel market.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The US Gov't is a joke.....they're clueless A holes looking to make a quick buck.
Combining a TDI motor with a plugin electric battery system would be the best of everything.

While I'm excited about the new Skyactive 3 design and it's prospects I feel like Mazda is totally missing the boat on adding plug in Hybrid to their mix.

I'd been looking at maybe the new CX5 or V60 as a replacement for my 2015 6 but after driving the Kia Niro plugin Hybrid....I'm sold. I'll probably pull the trigger at teh end of the year so I can get my tax credit money back ASAP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts