Mazda 6 Forums banner
121 - 140 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hopefully the OP has some experience with this and can chime in to help out? Hoping there is a way in which to either "force" downgrade or the same (exact) version, in order to reflash.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hopefully the OP has some experience with this and can chime in to help out? Hoping there is a way in which to either "force" downgrade or the same (exact) version, in order to reflash.
Mazda 3 group said they thought you could downgrade.... but unless someone has been able to confirm you can downgrade with these newer versions, I don't want to risk anything on a downgrade unless there are instructions out there and people confirm it works. If that confirmation isn't available.... I would plan on just waiting until the next "NA" software is available.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Not a downgrade you went from 367A ADR 4A N to North American 367A NA N, which you should have installed originally, all good and should now work fine as it should, These version Numbers are the same 367A, its the code for the different hardware (like AMFM Tuner, SatNav, Satellite Radio or DAB+ Radio) that is the difference and different language packs for different countries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, new to the forum but not new to Mazda as I've recently bought my 4th Mazda (2nd Mazda 6 - 2016 Tourer). Love the car and loved every previous one I've had but the infotainment system is bugging me at the moment. My question is in regards to the firmware - I recently updated to the latest one (even though I'm not currently planning to install the AA/ACP) but since the update when I shift radio station using the steering wheel control it always skips the 1st station and then the back button will only flick between the first two stations on the list (strange I know!) Anyway my question is this---is it ok to reinstall the previous firmware version as this was not an issue when I installed this version? Sorry if this post is in the wrong place btw.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Hi

Anyway my question is this---is it ok to reinstall the previous firmware version as this was not an issue when I installed this version? Sorry if this post is in the wrong place btw.
Cheers
This is sometimes I am hesitant to any kind of updates. Going back to your question, I hope there's a sort of "clean install" just like when you reformat a drive.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
A clean install with this is called a Factory Reset, try this first, BUT Nellser you are not giving me enough details, did you follow the instructions exactly?, what Version was car on BEFORE you updated, how may stages did you do.
A 2 stage update or a one stage which is the 'latest one' again which version Number?, what Version were you on Before you did FIRST update?
Anyway try a Reset First, go into Settings and look around you will see it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys.
ASH8 - I had I had version 56.00.513 EU N when I bought the car but upgraded to version 70.00.100A (failsafe and reinstall) for a couple of months and now just recently upgraded to 70.00.367A (1 file update) and that's when I started to have issues with radio stations. It's a small detail but bugs me when trying to get to the first station on the list while driving.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys.
ASH8 - I had I had version 56.00.513 EU N when I bought the car but upgraded to version 70.00.100A (failsafe and reinstall) for a couple of months and now just recently upgraded to 70.00.367A (1 file update) and that's when I started to have issues with radio stations. It's a small detail but bugs me when trying to get to the first station on the list while driving.
Doesnt A mean America? Where you arent?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, Is there a reason why there isn't the JP M files for upload? I have a 2015 model imported into New Zealand. The OS version is 55.00.650 JP M (which I understand is the Japanese region code) however the CMU software version is MAZ_CMU-150_55.00.650 (which is shown in the test menu which means generic region code?). Everything's written in Japanese so was hoping the update would have the "Change Language" option and also be able to host the Android Auto upgrade afterwards as well.
Thanks very much for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm in debate cuz I have an american model, but I live in EU so I guess I still should buy the US cable to my car because there must be something HW difference between the EU and US model 6 (please tell me if Im right :) but then I read this part:

"NOTE: The USB Cable END Plugs for the CMU (Green and Blue) and USB Cable END Plugs for the AUX Hub (Black and Brown) close up pictures are from two separate Part Numbered Cable Sets, one from NA N North America C922 and the other from EU N Europe C830. They are exact same profile USB end plugs."

So this means they are totally the same? So why it is important to order the correct region USB cable. I mean why are they selling it under different code?

Thank guys!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 · (Edited)
IF you read the instructions I said there is no real difference, the cables are coloured at either ends and can only FIT one way.
Different parts numbers for different reasons, mainly EU has a different 'specifications EU/FCC.EC' label and requirements and I think two separate suppliers, but they are ALL Distributed by and MMC Japan....either EU or US cables will fit and work.
EU has a different 'insulation' around cables, both types are Genuine Mazda Part and Part Numbers if it has the blue Mazda Part Number label on them.

If you live in USA, you can ONLY order USA Mazda Part Number, they do not stock EU Cable, and the same applies in Europe, they do not sell the US Part Numbered Cables, Both are Genuine Mazda Parts and Part Numbers....have I explained enough :)

I Australia and most of Asia they use the EU Mazda Part Number.

AUX Hubs are all the same P/N....MUST HAVE THE 'C" on the end of p/n.

·
Registered
2 Posts
IF you read the instructions I said there is no real difference, the cables are coloured at either ends and can only FIT one way.
Different parts numbers for different reasons, mainly EU has a different 'specifications EU/FCC.EC' label and requirements and I think two separate suppliers, but they are ALL Distributed by and MMC Japan....either EU or US cables will fit and work.
EU has a different 'insulation' around cables, both types are Genuine Mazda Part and Part Numbers if it has the blue Mazda Part Number label on them.

If you live in USA, you can ONLY order USA Mazda Part Number, they do not stock EU Cable, and the same applies in Europe, they do not sell the US Part Numbered Cables, Both are Genuine Mazda Parts and Part Numbers....have I explained enough :)

I Australia and most of Asia they use the EU Mazda Part Number.

AUX Hubs are all the same P/N....MUST HAVE THE 'C" on the end of p/n.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! That clears out everything :)
I ll my parts soon :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I own a 2018 Mazda 6 Sport.

I ordered the kit and it should be coming in early next week.

I have been having a hard time finding any information about the trim removal process for my 2018-2021 facelifted model. I realize that my model is the only one of all of these that don't come preinstalled with or have a free update for CarPlay.

Does anybody happen to have any information regarding this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just upgraded V70.0.00.100 by follow the instruction. That’s great.
going to install CarPlay hardware next.
Thanks author for the post.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Hi,

I own a 2018 Mazda 6 Sport.

I ordered the kit and it should be coming in early next week.

I have been having a hard time finding any information about the trim removal process for my 2018-2021 facelifted model. I realize that my model is the only one of all of these that don't come preinstalled with or have a free update for CarPlay.

Does anybody happen to have any information regarding this?

Thank you!
I will supply you direct links..
As you are US (from flag) MAKE Certain you have latest available FIRMWARE FIRST!,
Settings, About, Version Number.
I can't recall exact 2018 version number that came from factory and or if selling Dealer updated it before or after your car Delivery or did not update at all as you did not say?..does not really matter probably 'a' CP/AA 70's version..
The latest for your US Mazda 6 is 70.00.367A NA N
Make certain this FIRMWARE is updated FIRST and used or ran BEFORE you install NEW Genuine Parts.

FIRMWARE link in blue..
70.00.367A NA N
Install of Parts, there are .Pdf instructions and some owner Videos, look for the 2016 US Mazda 6, now while your 2018 may have a few slightly different look or features the Principal of Removal is still the same. Download the instructions, warnings and click through each folder and download what is necessary for the Mazda 6, some are general warnings for all and on Cable plugging in etc.
I prefer to download what is ONLY needed one at a time, don't download all or all at once as this German Server is slow even if you have a Gigabyte connection like myself.
Parts Install

·
Registered
mazda 3 1.5 2017
3 Posts
hello everyone, I am writing from Italy and I have a mazda 3 2017 Italy, I would like to have confirmation, I have this firmware in the picture, do I have to update the firmware to version CMU70.00.367A?
quite right?
photo_2021-01-28_08-52-25.jpg photo_2021-01-28_08-52-02.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
hello everyone, I am writing from Italy and I have a mazda 3 2017 Italy, I would like to have confirmation, I have this firmware in the picture, do I have to update the firmware to version CMU70.00.367A?
quite right?
View attachment 241977 View attachment 241978
No what you have is already the latest Firmware available for Europe, your MZD Connect Firmware is perfect.
(70.00.367 and 70.00.367A is the same thing)
BUT, IF you want working CP/AA (Carplay or Android), you MUST buy the TWO Genuine Mazda Parts ( the new AUX Hub and pair of NEW USB Data Cables), and then install them.
Then CP/AA will be activated and it will work with the Firmware in your Mazda 3 2017.
If that is your question?

121 - 140 of 262 Posts