Mazda 6 Forums banner
341 - 360 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Over Christmas, I updated firmware on my 2016 Mazda 6 from 59.00.502A to 70.00.367A (i'm EU N).
Then I installed the CarPlay adaptor (bought on Amazon) and Android Auto is working great. I was surprised that touchscreen in Android Auto was not working, but from what I can understand this is intentional. I advised the Amazon seller that it was not working (and that this was by design seemingly) but they said it should be working. Can anyone confirm that this is the case please!

Also, I want to note that when updating the firmware on my car:
  • Following information i read online, I had planned to update from 59.00.502 to 70.00.100 and then from 70.00.100 to 70.00.367A.
  • The install of the 70.00.100 FAILSAFE file went fine, but the install of the 70.00.100 REINSTALL file failed due to certificate issue.
  • Rather than trying to source a new file, or research further, I decided to skip the 70.00.100 install file and go straight to the 70.00.367 install file (saw that someone else had tried this and it worked) - and this installed OK.
  • Then I installed the carplay adaptor, and this is working perfectly now for 1 week+, albeit without touchscreen in Android Auto (which doesn't really bother me at all).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Over Christmas, I updated firmware on my 2016 Mazda 6 from 59.00.502A to 70.00.367A (i'm EU N).
Then I installed the CarPlay adaptor (bought on Amazon) and Android Auto is working great. I was surprised that touchscreen in Android Auto was not working, but from what I can understand this is intentional. I advised the Amazon seller that it was not working (and that this was by design seemingly) but they said it should be working. Can anyone confirm that this is the case please!

• Following information i read online, I had planned to update from 59.00.502 to 70.00.100 and then from 70.00.100 to 70.00.367A.
  • The install of the 70.00.100 FAILSAFE file went fine, but the install of the 70.00.100 REINSTALL file failed due to certificate issue.
  • Rather than trying to source a new file, or research further, I decided to skip the 70.00.100 install file and go straight to the 70.00.367 install file (saw that someone else had tried this and it worked) - and this installed OK.
  • Then I installed the carplay adaptor, and this is working perfectly now for 1 week+, albeit without touchscreen in Android Auto (which doesn't really bother me at all).
I'd be great if you could share EU 70.00.367A checksum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd be great if you could share EU 70.00.367A checksum.

About a week after completing the firmware update and the adaptor install, the check engine light came on. Checking the warning in Mazda Connect Maintenance application, it just stated 'Engine System Malfunction'. I reset it manually (disconnected the negative lead on the battery for c. 5 minutes, then reattached it).
After no issues for another week or so, the check engine light came on again (same error in maintenance app). Not sure what is causing this, likely related to the installation but will have to investigate further.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello!

I saw your response to someone saying you would dm them the firmware, I'm hoping you'll do the same for me. I'm also looking for
  • 70.00.100A (NA) failsafe/reinstall
  • 74.00.230A (NA)
Thanks in advance,
Chris
Hello!

I saw your response to someone saying you would dm them the firmware, I'm hoping you'll do the same for me. I'm also looking for
  • 70.00.100A (NA) failsafe/reinstall
  • 74.00.230A (NA)
Thanks in advance,
Chris
Sent by PM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sure, they should really trust a new guy not to send them something bad.
I'm passing on links to resources I found and that worked for EU N for me.

I haven't used the non-EU files or speak to their functionality.

New guy hadn't done this before and wanted to share his experience.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Not what i meant, i meant that since anyone can join, a person with less than nice intentions can pass around files that are corrupt or have a virus in them and no one would know. Not that longevity means you can trust them, but its more than likely if someone had an issue with a long time member, there would be indicators.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello to you all, mazda owners. i hope you are all good!

i just finished reading this whole topic + another topics on mazda aa/carplay installing procedure.
so, i feel like i'm pretty ready to put all those information in practice on my 2018 mazda 6.

i put my hands on a cmu150_EU_70.00.367A_update.up file, my current version being 59.00.540 EU N.
BUT, i do NOT know if the update file i have, is indeed valid, not corrupted.

so, if someone have some kind of checksum i kindly ask to share it with me. so i can check my file and be sure i have the correct one.

thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much
The problem i installing the second file before the first, and the system became stuck between installation and failure. What is the solution?

Automotive lighting Communication Device Font Vehicle Motor vehicle

Personal computer Vehicle Automotive design Car Motor vehicle

Output device Personal computer Automotive design Computer Television

·
Registered
3 Posts
So far, I can't enter the commands menu. The system is stuck and does not accept pressing the music, favorites and muting buttons. I read the installation files on failure and applied them, and it is still stuck.
2019 Mazda 6 Where to Find Remove ROOM fuse and wait for one minute. In the inner or outer box, if you can take a picture of it
please help
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
So far, I can't enter the commands menu. The system is stuck and does not accept pressing the music, favorites and muting buttons. I read the installation files on failure and applied them, and it is still stuck.
2019 Mazda 6 Where to Find Remove ROOM fuse and wait for one minute. In the inner or outer box, if you can take a picture of it
please help
Thanks a lot
Right by your feet.

341 - 360 of 364 Posts