Mazda 6 Forums banner
321 - 340 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
When updating from version 59.xx, can i first go to this version of 70.00.367A then to 74.XX? Or do I still need to go to 70.00.100? If I do, can someone provide me with 70.00.100? Thanks all!
No idea but ive just done the method where you go to 70.0.100 first then to 367A and it worked perfectly from beginning to end. Did it literally in the past hour. Spot on upgrade. Now to order the cable and usb module and install those and CarPlay here I come :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
No idea but ive just done the method where you go to 70.0.100 first then to 367A and it worked perfectly from beginning to end. Did it literally in the past hour. Spot on upgrade. Now to order the cable and usb module and install those and CarPlay here I come :D
Thanks for the reply. Where did you find 70.00.100 file? i literally just picked up the hardware off my porch!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, Many thanks.
I got delayed but managed a successful install of the software today, it took just over 40 mins to install 70.00.367 EU on my MX5 though !
Will try swapping the hardware over tomorrow, plus adding the rearview camera. (thought I might as well do both at the same time so I don't have to pull the dashboard apart twice)

Dave.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would someone have 70.00.352B NA to DM me?

Thanks in advance!
Hey man , im looking for the same fw. im on 70.00.352 right now but im looking to do aio tweaks but i need to upgrade or reinstall the same fw. I have heard that it doesnt work on 367 so im looking to upgrade not to far up. Let me know if anyone has the fw im looking for. Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I got the CarPlay/Android auto upgraded usb hub. Got it all installed into my 2016 Mazda6 touring, problem is that I didn’t upgrade the firmware like an idiot🤦🏻. Current version in my car is 51.00.351. I googled that if you had above 5x. that the unit would still work. I’m pretty computer illiterate so if someone can break it down Barney style I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok so I got the CarPlay/Android auto upgraded usb hub. Got it all installed into my 2016 Mazda6 touring, problem is that I didn’t upgrade the firmware like an idiot🤦🏻. Current version in my car is 51.00.351. I googled that if you had above 5x. that the unit would still work. I’m pretty computer illiterate so if someone can break it down Barney style I’d appreciate it.
Well first of all you'll have to put your old usb hub back in, then follow the instructions VERY closely step by step starting at page 1 of this thread.
Once you have successfully upgraded the software, THEN put your new hub in and you should be good to go..

Dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
WHAT is the Current or Latest Firmware to use?..

When you See/Read always use the Latest, Newest, Updated or Best Firmware over the years Mazda with Connect has Updated Firmware many times to Fix Issues and Bugs like any Firmware/Software.

So what do you use??, the Higher the Number string the LATER/LATEST the Firmware, anything which is a Lower Number is called Older or Outdated Firmware.
Examples: 29.00.000A, 46.00.250, 51.00.351, 56.00.513, 59.00.545, 70.00.021A, 70.00.100A (still Must use 'a' 70's Firmware for any CarPlay A/Auto install).

YES, Even If you Do Not do the Hardware Changes below in Post 3 for working CP/AA you can still update to 7x.00.xxxx to fix resolve current issues/bugs with Connect.

ANYTHING Below 74.00.230A is technically Older and Outdated (Only BM Mazda 3's still on Stage 1 22.00. to 33.00.), ...ALL OTHER Mazda's have Stage 2 Firmware out of Factory which is any 42.00.xxxx or Later/Higher Firmware like 46, 51, 55, 56, 59 or latest 70's.

BASICALLY IF YOU WANT the LATEST FIRMWARE for your Mazda-MZD Connect just install 7x.00.xxxx over what you are using now.....JUST MAKE CERTAIN you use the Correct AVAILABLE 'OS Version' for your 'REGION', like 'NA N' or 'EU N' or '4A N'.
To Find what Mazda's Firmware 'OS VERSION' and 'REGION' is in your car today go to Post 1 #04 above to reveal the OS Version Number and Region which you are currently using......
.....As you can see from dash image
this Owner from his cars CMU 'File Searching' has the Latest 70.00.335C 4A N (ADR) Firmware already installed out of the Factory, so in his case all he has to install for a 100% Working CP/AA are the Two Genuine Mazda Parts listed in Post 3 Below for his ADR 4A N REGION.

See first post above, you MUST follow the Install Instructions in the correct order and understand the PROCESS BEFORE you start.

NEVER TURN CAR OFF, START ENGINE or STOP FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS ONCE YOU START IT, ALLOW up to 60 Minutes, or DO NOT DO IT !

YES, WHILE YOU ARE DOING THE MAIN 'update.up' FIRMWARE INSTALLATION YOU WILL VISUALLY SEE YOUR TOUCHSCREEN either Flicker, Turn Off-On, Flash White, Grey or Black.....NOTHING IS WRONG THIS IS 100% NORMAL.....DO NOT PANIC.....OK!.....These FIRMWARE INSTALLATIONS takes your TIME!!....About..
NA N About 35-40 minutes....
EU N About 50-55 minutes....
4A N About 45-50 minutes....
See Below Instructions plus the Screen Pic on HOW TO KEEP 'CMU' ON...a MUST Do!

To CLEAR UP some Questions on INSTALL Procedure.Pdf from MAZDA, DO NOT, repeat DO NOT Skip Any of the Tasks as you do not know more than Mazda.
WHEN You do ANY Connect Firmware Updating, YOU NEVER have Engine Running or Full IGNITION ON, ONLY ACC Ignition should ever be ON, that is Amber light inside S/S Switch.

NEVER, Touch or Put YOUR FEET ANYWHERE on your Pedals during the First Starting of the Firmware Update Process.
The STEP ON of 'A' Pedal is ONLY done during the update.up Firmware loading and ONLY to Re-SET the internal CMU clock so to keep CMU staying ON and NOT auto turn Off.
STEP ON 'A' Pedal Once every 15 to 20 minutes MAX, to keep your CMU on.

TO BEGIN: Keys Transmitters with you. To get to ACC Ignition, NO FEET ON Pedals, and PRESS S/S (Start/Stop) Button ONCE ONLY. This puts CMU ON and car into ACC Ignition mode ON.

NEXT: Your RADIO (AM or FM) MUST BE ON.
NOTE: When Instructions says to Turn OFF or Re-Start and or put CMU to-sleep for a Lock Down and Walkaway, you PRESS S/S Button TWICE QUICKLY, that is One after the other, you may see the Green light inside S/S Button for a second, that is OK, your car will completely Shut Down, DO NOT PUT FEET ON PEDALS DURING SHUT DOWN, Next: EXIT CABIN, Lock all Doors and Walkaway with All Keys and any electronics, wait for 6 minutes and return to car with Keys to unlock and continue.
NEVER have Full IGNITION ON, that is All Lights ON under the Dash Meter Hood and or Green Light inside S/S Button, this is A real Full Ignition ON and must be avoided by doing it correctly from the start.
DO NOT Have Engine Running at all During FIRMWARE Update PROCESS and I do not care how many times you may have done Firmware updates before and all has been OK, ENGINE RUNNING IS NOT THE PROCESS by Mazda Today or Ever.
Engine Running means Engine ECU/PCM is communicating with IC (Instrument Cluster) and the CMU, any live communication can BRICK your CMU, this is partly why the Full NEW shut down is required in Firmware Update Procedure Pdf Number # 7 task.

DO NOT Skip ANY of 'INSTALL Procedure' # in .Pdf.... Unless directed to skip.

NOTE: IF your Car Battery is Old or bit Slow then connect a Trickle Charger Battery Tender to your Car Battery.
TURN OFF: Any and all accessories, lights, fans, demisters or anything that can drain power from car battery.
YOUR FIRST TIME?: BEFORE you Start this Firmware Update PROCESS, Do a trial experiment with the Start/Stop (S/S) Button by pressing 'Twice Quickly' and see what happens, Press Once and see what happens. Understand the functions, it is not that difficult, look at Mazda 3 CP/AA Install Videos.

USB FLASH DRIVE/THUMB DRIVE Quality WARNING:

WHEN BUYING OR USING Any USB FLASH DRIVE (Thumb Drive), DO NOT USE or PURCHASE CHEAP ''NO BRANDED'' USB FLASH DRIVES USUALLY Made in China as these CHEAP DRIVES HAVE BEEN KNOWN to STOP and FAIL DURING CMU FIRMWARE File Installation which can Brick Your Cars CMU.

Do Not Take That RISK to SAVE A FEW $$$s, BUY AND USE A KNOWN BRANDED NAME LIKE Sandisk, LG, Samsung, Sony or Kingston with an external flashing LED is great to see the new .up File is loading into CMU.

BE AWARE THAT DOWNLOADING AND COPYING .up FIRMWARE FILE Via any MAC (Apple) PC CAN and DOES CREATE ISSUES WITH Cars CMU SEEING THE LARGE update.up FILE on Your USB FLASH/THUMB DRIVE.

I advise you ONLY use A WINDOWS PC for ALL Downloading and Transferring update.up File onto your Clean FAT32 Formatted USB FLASH DRIVE.
Any Mac PC will auto install 'Hidden Files' onto your Flash Drive which then STOPS your cars CMU from seeing the new Firmware update.up File on your Flash Drive during your CMU file searching task.
Mac Users 'can try' using a Cleaner to remove Hidden/Invisible Files on your USB Flash Drive, but it is not always successful. Seriously just use/borrow a 100% Windows/Intel PC and re-format your USB Flash Drive on this W-PC and Download update.up File again. IF you are still having issues with CMU seeing your USB Flash Drive try using another different Flash Drive of 16GB is good.
Fact: Automotive Diagnostics are only meant to be done with and on a Windows PC. The Mac OS is not supported by the wholesale/manufacturing Auto Industry with any car make.

FOR EARLY Mazda 3's ONLY:
Old 31.00.100A Firmware 'if Needed' is ONLY used for the very early 2013-2015 Mazda 3's (BM) for a FIRST Stage 1 Update, NO other Mazda needs it.

MAKE CERTAIN you understand the upgrade PROCESS 100% and DO NOT ALLOW CMU to ever go to sleep (turn-off), DO NOT Start Engine Until 100% Finished!

....NOTE:

From all 70.00.335C there are No more separated Fail-safe.up + Reinstall.up files, ONLY the one SINGLE 'update.up' File.
AFTER Touchscreen file 'SEARCHING' from Your pre-loaded SINGLE 70.00.335C update.up file in your quality branded 'USB FLASH DRIVE' You then Select either “Reinstallation Package” or ''Update Package'' the rest of this Video Install process has NOT Changed.

....NOTE:
After 7x.00.xxxx Firmware is installed you can run it and can use it in car normally, BUT YOU WILL NOT SEE CP/AA availability on the Connect screen Settings, etc.
Only UNTIL and AFTER you Install the TWO NEW Genuine Mazda Parts LAST.

Upgrading for the FIRST Time MUST BE done with OLD PARTS Still Working in car. Your cars NEXT and Future Firmware Releases are done with new parts installed as this ONLY applies for the very FIRST OS Version install of 70s.

WARNING:
If you install NEW Mazda Parts FIRST You CAN NOT Install the NEW 70s Firmware. YOU WILL have to re-install the Two OLD PARTS again BEFORE you can INSTALL the New 70's Firmware. (Firmware FIRST - New Parts LAST).

MUST READ ALL OF NEXT POST # 3 ..
MAKE SURE YOUR OWN PHONE Apps' and OS ARE UPDATED
here is a link I have found for firmware 70

·
Registered
4 Posts
BTW: You guys with Mazda 6 and having the 'BLACK SCREEN" Reboot issue, installing of this latest 70.00.335C FIRMWARE is said to resolve that issue.

YES, you can install this Firmware even IF you do not do the CP/AA Hardware Install.

ALSO, I know there is a lot of information in these first 3 posts, and yes I do repeat myself (old age) but this is so you check the warnings....Just make sure you follow the Mazda Firmware Installation 100%, and you will be fine. :)

The CP/AA Installation is NOT that difficult, the hardest parts is pulling the dash apart (where required), there have been many Mazda 6 Owners who have done this at home.
Here is the link for firmware 70

321 - 340 of 364 Posts