Mazda 6 Forums banner
221 - 240 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does by any chance someone have the 70 firmware file for EU including the manual and could send them to me? I just bought the USB hub two days ago and now I can't upgrade because I am missing the firmware.
Please contact me if you still need the latest EU version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Suggest you do a Connect FACTORY RESET, ALL Radio Presets will be lost, engine MUST be running, go to SETTINGS, SYSTEM, ABOUT...Factory reset.

Then make sure YOUR PHONE APP for AA is updated.(was an update in Google Play about 7 days ago).
thank you, but unfortunately didn't work. Clock keeps showing wrong time, even between car starts without any phone connection. Is there a way to install a lower version firmware?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
thank you, but unfortunately didn't work. Clock keeps showing wrong time, even between car starts without any phone connection. Is there a way to install a lower version firmware?
Rolling back firmware wont fix.
I think your GPS Antenna lead or wires behind CMU are unplugged or loose maybe when CP/AA was done and put back,
GPS Antenna lead is very short with little slack in lead length...need small hands.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
OK went hunting just for you...
Go to SETTINGS then CLOCK and make sure car is out in OPEN and the GPS is set to SYNC or a TICK Check mark.
GET BACK and let us know!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
News...

BTW: For all, DO NOT INSTALL another Regions of 74.00.230A NA N as so far it is Only for North America.

EU N 74.00.230A
should be a few months away and 4A N by December hopefully.

IT APPEARS ONCE 74 IS INSTALLED YOU MAY NOT BEABLE TO ROLLBACL TO ANY 70.

iF YOU ACCIDENTLY INSTALL The WRONG region OR country.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see TK78-66-9U0D is now available. Will this work the same as the C unit? Is the C unit still OK, as it is a little cheaper? Are the USB cables the same for both (C922-V6-605A )?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
I see TK78-66-9U0D is now available. Will this work the same as the C unit? Is the C unit still OK, as it is a little cheaper? Are the USB cables the same for both (C922-V6-605A )?
the D version is a part supersession and yes is correct for cables, yes C hub is still ok, many times when Mazda change the end of part number any physical or electronic changes are minimal or zero, it could just be a change in compliance or copyright label or logo.
Mazda very rarely tells you what has changed.
Either unit will be fine, perhaps the D may have a C USB port, I have not looked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK went hunting just for you...
Go to SETTINGS then CLOCK and make sure car is out in OPEN and the GPS is set to SYNC or a TICK Check mark.
GET BACK and let us know!
View attachment 243215
it actually happens when GPS sync is checked. When I turn it off, there are no issues, but as soon as I turn it back on, the clock starts living life of its own. What's strange is that it wasn't the case on the old version (with GPS sync on). So I am a bit at a loss here... So basically I can keep GPS sync off and it's kind of ok - with one issue: time is not accurate...

·
Registered
4 Posts
it actually happens when GPS sync is checked. When I turn it off, there are no issues, but as soon as I turn it back on, the clock starts living life of its own. What's strange is that it wasn't the case on the old version (with GPS sync on). So I am a bit at a loss here... So basically I can keep GPS sync off and it's kind of ok - with one issue: time is not accurate...
Signed up to say I'm having this exact same clock issue on my recently-updated 2018 CX-5. It worked fine before the latest update. Now, with GPS Sync ON, the clock is constantly frozen. With GPS Sync OFF, the clock appears to progress forward, but the time seems to get reset at some pattern I can't deduce. Also, GPS Sync seems to get reset ON upon the next startup.

Incredibly frustrating to not have a functional CLOCK without requiring CarPlay to be plugged in. Sounds like it is a rare bug introduced with this latest firmware. Maybe related to GPS Sync.

Can the firmware be downgraded back to a prior version?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 · (Edited)
Unfortunately I don't think you can rollback from 74.00.230A, I have not seen any official clock complaints as this Firmware has been out since April,... now you are the second person I will hunt around further, 74.00.230 EU version has been factory installed in CX-3 in EU since late 2020 and have not heard clock sync issues there yet....??

CAN you recall what VERSION you had before 74 update.
Did you remove Navigation SD CARD before FW update?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ASE98 and falloffalog, did you also have problem with GPS navigation?
AA/CP works perfectly, the only thing that doesn't is navigation on the actual mazda connect (70.00.367a).
Says my location is in another city and frozen in place, time is also incorrect.
Also says 0 sattelites detected...

It was working fine before I installed the new AA/CP hardware so not sure what the problem is.
Have tried hard resetting, factory resetting and disconnecting the negative terminal.
Will try to see if there's anything wrong with the GPS antenna, I think it's behind the instrument cluster?

Anyone else have similar problem/fix?

·
Registered
4 Posts
UPDATE: I may have fixed the clock.

On a whim I decided to pull the negative terminal on the battery and let it sit overnight. Reconnected this morning, and so far today with several startups/drives the clock is holding the correct time.

Note: I had previously reset to Factory Defaults several times (through the Settings menu). Toggled GPS Sync. Manually set the clock. Nothing else worked.

Perhaps disconnecting the battery cleared some clock memory, or forced the time to be resynced -- who knows. But so far today it's working. And yes I still have GPS nav working fine as well. Hopefully this helps someone else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think you can rollback from 74.00.230A, I have not seen any official clock complaints as this Firmware has been out since April,... now you are the second person I will hunt around further, 74.00.230 EU version has been factory installed in CX-3 in EU since late 2020 and have not heard clock sync issues there yet....??

Yes I did remove the Nav card before firmware update. I'm 95% certain I was on whatever the one-prior version is, as I've been keeping it up to date since installing CarPlay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ASE98 and falloffalog, did you also have problem with GPS navigation?
AA/CP works perfectly, the only thing that doesn't is navigation on the actual mazda connect (70.00.367a).
Says my location is in another city and frozen in place, time is also incorrect.
Also says 0 sattelites detected...

It was working fine before I installed the new AA/CP hardware so not sure what the problem is.
Have tried hard resetting, factory resetting and disconnecting the negative terminal.
Will try to see if there's anything wrong with the GPS antenna, I think it's behind the instrument cluster?

Anyone else have similar problem/fix?
Detecting zero sats sounds to me like the GPS antenna got physically disconnected during AA/CP installation.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I was on 70.00.021A. Have no navigation so nothing was there to remove.

221 - 240 of 262 Posts