Mazda 6 Forums banner
201 - 220 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why would you think itll cause an issue?
Sorry, just because for first installation says : By installing this new Firmware ONLY your car will have the very latest available CONNECT Operating System and is FUTURE CP/AA READY...which can be done later or never.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Yea, meaning itll be ready for CP/AA if you dont have it now and install it in the future, or dont install at all. It has nothing to do with the CP/AA hardware, other than making sure IF you install it, itll work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea, meaning itll be ready for CP/AA if you dont have it now and install it in the future, or dont install at all. It has nothing to do with the CP/AA hardware, other than making sure IF you install it, itll work.
Thank you. So after installed hardware and working aa and carplay, can I now and in the future wish to update the software fearlessly. Thanks again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
I mean , can I update 70.00.367a after installed New USB Cables and New 'C' AUX Module Unit (one with orange label) to 74.00.130a with any issue for CONNECT Firmware and CMU ?
Yes, does not matter IF you have CP/AA Hub/Cables installed or not 74 is the next UPDATE!..
READ FIRMWARE ALERT- MUST READ in Hi-Drive...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
hi! a quick question about 74.00.230a. I successfully updated from 70.00.021A. Now I am having an issue with the clock: when GPS sync is turned on in settings and phone is connected (AA), something messes it up and it shows random time at the next start. Seems to be working ok with GPS sync turned off, but then time is not accurate after some time. Any ideas how to fix this?
Suggest you do a Connect FACTORY RESET, ALL Radio Presets will be lost, engine MUST be running, go to SETTINGS, SYSTEM, ABOUT...Factory reset.

Then make sure YOUR PHONE APP for AA is updated.(was an update in Google Play about 7 days ago).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, does not matter IF you have CP/AA Hub/Cables installed or not 74 is the next UPDATE!..
READ FIRMWARE ALERT- MUST READ in Hi-Drive...
Suggest you do a Connect FACTORY RESET, ALL Radio Presets will be lost, engine MUST be running, go to SETTINGS, SYSTEM, ABOUT...Factory reset.

Then make sure YOUR PHONE APP for AA is updated.(was an update in Google Play about 7 days ago).
Yes I'm already READ Firmware alert when did update from 59.00.** to 70.00.367A thanks for warning. Will follow all of this.

·
Registered
Mazda 6 (2018)
14 Posts
I updated my firmware a few months ago to 70.00.367A for Europe, I understand it is still correct for this region.
I will in the next few days be purchasing the parts from Mazda, but installing them myself. My question is, do I need to install anything on my nav screen? How do I get it to look like the photo attached, or does it get that information from my phone (Android) after I connect my phone to the New Aux Module with a cable (since it is not wireless)?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but ........

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
YES 70.00.367A EU N IS CORRECT,
YOU ALSO MUST DOWNLOAD LATEST Android Auto App from GOOGLE PLAYSTORE and install on YOUR Android phone..
.Apart from new AUX Hub and 2 Cable installs you DO NOT Need to do anything else except connect A quality charge cable from Hub USB to phone usb port then play with it and use it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Well looks like this is the end..
I cant log in to server either..
Looks like the guy who was paying has no longer renewed his subscription.

I have tried to contact but not looking good.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Well looks like this is the end..
I cant log in to server either..
Looks like the guy who was paying has no longer renewed his subscription.

I have tried to contact but not looking good.
That means, this is the end for the updates...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does by any chance someone have the 70 firmware file for EU including the manual and could send them to me? I just bought the USB hub two days ago and now I can't upgrade because I am missing the firmware.

·
Registered
Mazda 6 (2018)
14 Posts
GENUINE Mazda CarPlay+Android Auto ALL HERE!
This OFFICIAL Mazda CarPlay+AndroidAuto is for all Mazda Models which have Mazda Connect or MZD Connect, these Installation Instructions MUST BE Followed Exactly or you will never get CP/AA to work. CP/AA comes together as ONE Installation, it cannot be separated.

All of your existing Connect User/Display FEATURES still remain and still function as normal.

The following Genuine MAZDA details is for current Mazda's Worldwide using factory installed MAZDA Connect or MZD Connect Color Touch-screen, your existing New Car Warranty is not affected.

SEE this image directly Below of the CONNECT User Interface (UI), IF your MAZDA has this Design of Start Screen then YES this Genuine CarPlay and AndroidAuto RETRO Upgrade is for Your MAZDA if you want to do a self or home installation.

BELOW Pic is the End Result AFTER you have installed the 74.00.230A FIRMWARE (the correct Region) FIRST, then RUN+USE this new FIRMWARE, and then INSTALL the TWO NEW Genuine Mazda Parts LAST.

PRECISELY for the Model Years from 2014 to Today which covers MAZDA 2, MAZDA 3, MAZDA 6#, MAZDA CX-3, CX-5#, CX-8, CX-9 and MX-5/Miata/RF.
#This Genuine Mazda CP/AA Retrofit Parts Kit and Firmware/Software is not for 1st Generation of Mazda CX-5 and Mazda 6 using the factory TomTom in-Dash Navi.

NOTE: IF your NEW 2019~ Mazda Models (listed above) DOES NOT come Standard with Factory Fitted CP/AA but has 'any' Version of 70.00.xxxx Firmware already installed from Factory then ALL you need to purchase/install are the TWO Mazda Parts Listed below in your Region to get CP/AA to work.

This Thread is NOT for Tweaks or ANY other cheap way to install CP/AA (which does not work anyway and will end up costing you more $$s).

WIRELESS Carplay
is ONLY INCLUDED WITH 74.00.230A FIRMWARE for your region which is also a normal Update progression from the now outdated 70.00.367A...as of today (May 10, 2021) 74.00.230A is only available for NA N.

HOWEVER one Must Also Purchase a New CMU from a 2021 Model for a Wireless CP spec car and CMU as not ALL 2021 Models come standard from factory with WCP CMU.

WIRELESS CARPLAY WILL NOT WORK ALONE WITHOUT 74 Firmware and NEW 2021 CMU (meant for WCP), as far as I know those TWO things are all that are required, the Firmware is Free and New CMU is about $1,200 to $1,500 USD.

View attachment 242823

This THREAD Does NOT apply to ALL NEW Next Gen 2019 Mazda 3 (BP) or 2020 Mazda CX-30 (DM).

All you need to know is written in the First 3 Posts of this thread, with all the Links to download files, tips and instructions, Please Follow these Details exactly, I will add a Reference Number Next to the Start of MUST READ, MUST DO Details with the following Hash and Number like ''#02'', So it is easy to refer back to a post IF Need-Be.
Like see Page 1: Post 2: #05 (as an example).

#01.YES, You can install this New Updated 74.00.230A Firmware (Region specific) only WITHOUT doing the Hardware (Two New Mazda Parts) Installation.
By installing this new Firmware ONLY your car will have the very latest available CONNECT Operating System and is FUTURE CP/AA READY...which can be done later or never.
See Changelog .Pdf in Server for all the current bug fixes and feature updates.
IF later you want this working CP/AA Feature you still MUST install the TWO Genuine Mazda Parts.

Below will show you how to and where to go to get the Genuine Mazda FIRMWARE Files from for free and where to download the Video's and .Pdf Instructions. Modfreakz hosts his Hi-Drive Server

#02.Purchase is ONLY for GENUINE Mazda CarPlay with AndroidAuto and WILL NOT WORK without Installation of new 70's Firmware FIRST and THEN the TWO ALL NEW Genuine Mazda Parts installed Second and Third . .. in that Order.. . PERIOD!

New SINGLE File FIRMWARE is Now Out* ......
New revised FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS.Pdf Now in SERVER .....
New CHANGELOGs .Pdf List of changes and fixes is now in Server.

*Method in these new Updates are now ONLY a Single 'UPDATE.up' File to Run.
No more separated Fail-safe + Reinstall.up files, Now ONLY ONE 'update.up' File.
You Select either “Reinstallation Package” or ''Update Package'' AFTER file 'SEARCHING' from Your pre-loaded file on Your quality 'USB FLASH DRIVE'.

#03.ALL the other NEW Mazda Parts are a MUST DO requirement as the process of adding and the installing of CP/AA Firmware and the MUST have Genuine Mazda Parts has not changed. DO NOT BUY or USE any other systems 'put together last year' as this WILL corrupt the use of this very latest Genuine Mazda UPDATED FIRMWARE listed below.
NOTE: There are some cheap options to separately install AndroidAuto ONLY without CarPlay and the 2 New Mazda Parts Listed Below, I strongly advise NOT to go down this route as you must use the OLD and Outdated 59 Firmware which is buggy and at times very unreliable with communication errors infecting OTHER working Systems Hardware inside your car, engine, IC control modules or display screen, SEE the long newly added CHANGELOG, you should only use latest Mazda Firmware or you will have issues as listed in Changelog. The GENUINE Mazda Firmware here is Free and the Genuine Mazda Parts are not that expensive and Mazda is still maintaining updates for a few more years.

Read the 'FIRMWARE ALERT-MUST READ' WARNING, PLUS all the Firmware Numbers and Genuine Mazda Part Numbers for YOUR Correct REGION + Free Download Links are all below..

You MUST install all New MAZDA CarPlay/AndroidAuto 74.00.230A FIRMWARE FIRST (as .up File) for your Region.
BEFORE You remove Trim pieces and BEFORE You INSTALL New USB Cables and
BEFORE You INSTALL New 'C' AUX Module Unit (one with orange label).

ORDER the Genuine MAZDA Parts that are Sold @ your Local Mazda Dealer Parts Department, Call them..

Or contact [email protected] as they will Ship Worldwide from USA with Genuine Mazda Parts and First Class Customer Service.
Apple CarPlay/Android Kit for 2014+ Skyactiv Models

Or eBay Sellers, some also Ship Internationally.
Mazda Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Retrofit Kit 00008FZ34 | eBay (USA, CANADA, International)
New Genuine Mazda 2 3 6 CX3 CX5 CX8 CX9 Android Auto Apple Carplay Retrofit Kit | eBay (Australia)

Or Europe mainland who want an Online Seller, try this site.
Apple CarPlay & Android Auto™

SEE the GENUINE Mazda Part Numbers (2) list below for your Region.

ONLY USE CORRECT Firmware (.up File) for Your Region, either one of EU N or NA N or 4A N (ADR).....
JP M (Japan) or MAZ (Generic) or CH N (China) Firmware is NOT available as we have no Mazda Dealer donors.

REPEAT......
Install run New FIRMWARE 74.00.230A FIRST.
See the MAZDA FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCEDURE WORLDWIDE.pdf Instructions.(Download it and Print it Out).
Then MUST install the NEW Genuine Mazda Parts LAST.

ANY OTHER order of Installation and NOTHING will work.

Genuine CP/AA will NOT work without these new MAZDA Parts correctly installed...see Mazda Part Number List BELOW.
1. New USB Data Cable Set.
2. New AUX Hub Module.

This Process means doing 3 separate tasks to get it working.
1. New Mazda 74.00.230A_update.up Firmware.
2. New Mazda USB Data Cable Set.
3. New Mazda AUX Hub Unit, MUST be the 'C' Hub (the Plain, A, or B will NOT Work).

THERE ARE NO SHORT-CUTS TO THIS CORRECT PROCESS.
GET YOUR MAZDA DEALER TO INSTALL IF YOU CAN NOT DO THIS.

WHAT 'OS VERSION' NUMBER AND 'REGION' CODE IS IN
MY MAZDA-MZD CONNECT RIGHT NOW...?

#04.Latest available Firmware 'OS Version' is listed separately BELOW for each of the 3 main Regions worldwide, to see yours now go cars Touchscreen, Touch RED ROUND ''Settings'' Icon, then Touch top right SILVER ''System'' TAB, scroll down to ''About'' Touch it, scroll down to ''Version Information'' Touch it, this screen should tell you your 'OS Version' Number and Region Code so you know which 'update.up' Region File to Download.

No REGION Code Shown...?
If your Touchscreen shows No Region Code like NA N or EU N or 4A N or MAZ (see Pics with Red Circles) go to MAZDA FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCEDURE WORLDWIDE.Pdf Page 2 and bring up the Diagnostic Test Screen and Enter/Press Code 53 this will reveal your Region Code and OS Version Number so you can Select and Download the 100% Correct New Updated Firmware OS Version.

Example Pic of outdated 59.00.445 Firmware with No Region Code displayed.

Example Pic outdated 51.00.351 Firmware with 'MAZ' (Generic) Region Code when using TEST SCREEN.

GENUINE MAZDA DEALER FIRMWARE: Region Specific.
GENUINE MAZDA PART NUMBERS: One Part of Each Required.

#05.Region NORTH AMERICA - USA, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, known as 'NA N' on your Touch-screen.
1. FIRMWARE Version for 'NA N' for CP/AA update.up file is....
cmu150_NA_74.00.230A_update.up file MUST Install FIRST 923MB 35-40 Mins.

2. C922-V6-605A New USB Data Cable set of MUST Install SECOND.
3. TK78-66-9U0C New AUX Module Unit, MUST be Installed LAST.

#06.Region EUROPE - Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican, known as 'EU N' on your Touch-screen.
1. FIRMWARE Version for 'EU N' for CP/AA update.up file is....
cmu150_EU_70.00.367A_update.up file MUST Install FIRST 2.3GB 50-55 Mins.
2. C830-V6-60Z New USB Data Cable set of MUST Install SECOND.

#07.Region ADR - Australia, Christmas Island, Fiji, Indonesia, Kangaroo Island, Malaysia, New Zealand, Oceania, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Saudi, Singapore, South Africa/Africa, South America, South Asia, Tasmania, Thailand, known as '4A N' on your Touch-screen.
1. FIRMWARE Version for '4A N' or (ADR) for CP/AA update.up file is....
cmu150_ADR_70.00.367A_update.up file MUST Install FIRST 1.8GB 45-50 Mins.
2. C924-V6-605 New USB Data Cable set of MUST Install SECOND.

REPEAT, You must install these New Mazda Parts in correct order or CP/AA will NEVER WORK.

ONLY install the Cars Correct Region Firmware, either NA N or EU N or 4A N .. see above
#04.

#08.The MUST have ALL NEW ''AUX Hub Module'' TK78-66-9U0C is the exact same Mazda Part and Part Number Worldwide and for ALL Mazda's, repeat ALL Mazda's with MZD/Mazda Connect Worldwide wanting to Convert to CP/AA.

NOTE: There are 3 Different MUST have Part Numbers for the ALL NEW ''USB Cable Set''. We have Confirmed that it does not matter 'which' Part Numbered USB CABLE SET you use as essentially there is no difference as ANY 1 of the 3 CABLE SETS WILL INSTALL AND WORK PERFECTLY.

#09.NOTE: DOWNLOAD FILE as is from THE SERVER AS .up FILE (By Downloading ONE File at a time ONLY to Desktop) AND THEN PASTE ONTO Clean USB FLASH DRIVE, DON'T COMPRESS or ZiP, THERE MUST ONLY BE ONE .up File on Your USB Flash Drive when you begin the CMU Firmware update process.
FIRMWARE LINK AND DETAILS
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda CONNECT Firmware

MUST READ ALL OF NEXT POST # 2 ..
There seems to be an issue with the my.hidrive. Cannot find the site.
Screenshot 2021-07-01 155111.png

·
Registered
Mazda 6 (2018)
14 Posts
Does by any chance someone have the 70 firmware file for EU including the manual and could send them to me? I just bought the USB hub two days ago and now I can't upgrade because I am missing the firmware.
It seems the site is missing the page.

I have put information to ASH8

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi drive server is finished...
working on new server....try after weekend
Hey Ash, I made an account here just to reply to you.

I have a Mazda 3, but I cant seem to find you post in Mazda3Revolution

Either way, just wanted to say that I too cant access the files & I'll try after the weekend, thank you so much for all the effort you've put into this. Absolutely amazing stuff man.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Hey Ash, I made an account here just to reply to you.

I have a Mazda 3, but I cant seem to find you post in Mazda3Revolution

Either way, just wanted to say that I too cant access the files & I'll try after the weekend, thank you so much for all the effort you've put into this. Absolutely amazing stuff man.
That could be the site where he got banned. Allegedly, it is because he was posting this exact thing over there. It doesn't make sense...

EDIT: It's not on that site but here,

Hi all,
Just letting you guys know I have been banned over at the new Mazda CX30 forum for 'spam'.
Under the same user name as here ASH8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That could be the site where he got banned. Allegedly, it is because he was posting this exact thing over there. It doesn't make sense...

EDIT: It's not on that site but here,
Oh thats so weird? Its a shame, they're loosing out on some fantastic information

Thanks for letting me know!

201 - 220 of 262 Posts