Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda Canada has started showing off the Mazda 6 to dealers. Here in British Columbia, that roll-out occurred on October 17 in Richmond behind the Vancouver International Airport.

Mazda made 5 cars available. Three to drive and two for show. All five were manual transmission. There are no automatics on the ground in Canada.

The three drivers were a 4 cylinder GS, a 4 cylinder GT and V6 GT (sorry to my American friends if you are not familiar with the Canadian model designations).

I was not there, but I know a number of people associated with my old man's Mazda dealership who were. Mazda also had a 2003 V6 Accord, a 2002 3.5 SE Altima and a V6 Camry for comparison purposes.

The 6 enjoyed a tremendously positive reaction from the BC dealer network. Everyone is now VERY excited to receive this car.

A friend of mine hopped in the V6 GT and took it for a mad dash on this perfectly flat piece of private property. He was incredibly impressed with the handling (apparently no worries there); the braking, and the lack of N/V/H.

He was even more impressed when he came to a skidding halt, looked under the hood and realized that he had been driving the 2.3 four cylinder and not the V6!

He reported that the 6 cylinder did have better low end grunt, but the 2.3 four cylinder is a real performer in its own right. In fact, he would take the four cylinder GT over the V6 based on bang for the buck.

He was very impressed with the quality of the interior. Said the Accord was the only car that came close in that department, but that NONE of the others even came close to matching the performance and dynamics of the Mazda 6.

A couple of other tid-bits for you. The RX-8 goes into production in April and will be in Canadian showrooms by late June. Mazda execs are also very excited about the upcoming Mazda 3, which they think will absolutely blow the competition out of the water. Finally, and most intriguing, Mazda execs are talking quietly about a "Mazda 4" coming out in the not too distant future. If I find out more about that one, I'll let you know.

the original posting I took from this forum. #2251

·
Registered
510 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda Canada has started showing off the Mazda 6 to dealers'

Hi Kirill626,

Welcome to the Site...

That's some great info there, even if I don't live in Canada or America !!!

I am from Australia & getting a 2.3 hatch within the next week or so.....can't wait !!

It will be interesting that Mazda is bringing out a Mazda3 & a Mazda4.
Surely one of these will replace the Protege, and maybe the other replacing the Premacy....?

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
837 Posts

That is awesome news.

Man, why do they keep teasing us with cars that we can't have. :*(

Why can't they just release it to us the same time the Americans are getting theirs? At least that is one month sooner than what we have to wait.

Oh the agony. Does Mazda not know our pain? Please Mazda, relieve our sorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Oh...but agony is the point. You have to suffer, that's cause when you finally get the car you'll be like in Nirvana...:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Kirill: it's my understanding that one part of the launch plan is to make the dealers excited.

That's why they have these comparison opportunities. My dealer went to Japan, and there they also had stations to walk around where they could learn more about the car. How the suspension was designed, how the sound deadening was made, etc.

It's quite similar to how they presented the car to the journalists.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

In my understanding it's not correct. I think that advertising is continue for more than a year now, people waited so long. Other manufactures already selling models 2003, but Mazda still positioning her models. Same like Mitsubishi shows advertising of new Truck 2003 ( with a price) but on dealership still no car.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, there is a certain risk in their plan. But with limited funds to do the marketing, creating a hype is perhaps their only way to reach success.

But marketing a non-avaiable product is certainly risky.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I can't wait to see the Zoom Zoom ad for Mazda6 in Canada

·
Registered
22 Posts

Wow, that's great news. Haha, I was in Canada over the summer - looks like maybe I should've stayed just to see the Mazda6 earlier! This surprises me though because I didn't think that Canada would get to see the car earlier than us in America. I hope this just means that they're gearing up for us to really knock our socks off...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts