Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys and girls!

I'm a new Mazda 6 2019 owner and I was wondering what's the deal with the Mazda app?
I had a Volvo before and they have something called Volvo On Call and it's a great app.
You can lock and unlock the car, warm it, see it's locations and other stuff and with my Mazda nothing like that.
I asked the dealership and their answer was Mazda is developing an app and it's on the way..
Is there some truth to this or is all of this BS?

·
Administrator
8,506 Posts
The are if they wish to stay competitive.

Volvo is only one of a handful of makes that offer an app like that. The majority of the mainstream makes haven't caught up yet.

My question is: when the app does come out, will it work on older-model vehicles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I can't use the app the way I want to!
I want to see where my car is, preheat it or lock it etc.
All I can do with the app is to see some videos and thats about it.
I've seen online that there are such features for the other models but does it work with a 2019 model?
Am I missing something or what? Do I have to do something at the dealership?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys and girls!

I'm a new Mazda 6 2019 owner and I was wondering what's the deal with the Mazda app?
I had a Volvo before and they have something called Volvo On Call and it's a great app.
You can lock and unlock the car, warm it, see it's locations and other stuff and with my Mazda nothing like that.
I asked the dealership and their answer was Mazda is developing an app and it's on the way..
Is there some truth to this or is all of this BS?
I have Iphone and the App is at the App store and right below it is the Mazda Mobile Start app. It only got 1.5 stars. Give it a look see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have it on my 2017 Touring, as Talon said its called Mazda Mobile Start. It's a 2 step process. The dealer installed it on my car when purchased new as part of the sale, then I had to download the the app onto my phone, same name. Pay the yearly fee of about $65. Works great I can start my car from anywhere, even a different state. I cannot control the a/c or heater through the app though. I have to set the controls before I turn off and leave the car. I had some password issues and their tech support ( 949) 222-2574 was very helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts