CE1 ULEV Emissions ALL 100
Equipment (California/
Northeast States**)
WLK Wheel Locks ALL (i Requires 214 30
or 214 & 1SE)

(1) BOSE Audio Package: 200-watt sound system with 4 full-range
door-mounted speakers, 2 tweeters, amplified subwoofer and in-dash
6-disc CD changer.
(2) Comfort Package: Heated front seats and heated door mirrors.
(3) Premium Package: 16-inch alloy wheels, 8-way power driver's seat
with lumbar support (manually adjustable); and perimeter anti-theft
alarm.
(4) Sport Package: 17-inch alloy wheels with P215/50 R17 all-season
tires, oval type dual exhaust outlets, fog lights (headlight
integrated); sport type front & rear bumpers, side sill extensions,
rear spoiler, black interior trim (cloth or optional leather); and
electroluminescent gauges with red illumination.
(5) Chrome Appearance Package: Chrome rear finisher and side protector
moldings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda Announces Pricing for Eagerly Anticipated MAZDA6 Flagship Sedan'

Where did you get this from? I'm assuming that this is for the U.S. because it has "i" and "s" designations, but this is different from what we've been seeing. It's also low enough to somewhat undercut the Accord/Camry...or at least by a couple hundred dollars.

I found a link to something with similar information...
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021104/lam097_1.html

·
Registered
137 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda Announces Pricing for Eagerly Anticipated MAZDA6 Flagship Sedan'

Wow I am glad they upped the Bumper to Bumper Warranty. I am guessing they know it won't break down that much since they can afford to up the warranty to four years.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Well, this press release is interesting - however, it doesn't match what is up on Mazda USA web site.

If the press release is accurate and I don't have to spend $5,000 to get a zillion options that I don't want to get ABS, then I will have to keep the Mazda 6 as an option.

In any case, it certainly makes Mazda look like they don't know what the hell they are doing.

If the Mazda web site is correct, then it will have to be an unbelievably great car for me to still consider it. I'll be buying a car in the next few months - I would like it to be a Mazda 6 but Mazda seems absolutely determined to keep me from buying their new mobile.

You'd think that I would be exactly the kind of consumer they would want - relatively young (mid 30s); early adopter and a brand advocate to my peers. However, they have succeeding in pissing me off so badly that I am seriously starting to consider alternative brands.

By the way, I called a great Mazda dealership and they said that they expect to get 6s in towards the end of November (Seattle area) and the product flow should be pretty strong once they come in.

Whoever sees invoice pricing up on stoneage.com or edmunds.com or wherever first - let us know. Steve6er will give you credit for 100 extra posts!

MM

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

The price difference is coming from the MSRP not reflecting the destination charge of $520, its at the bottom of the press release. I don't understand why people are upset about the option packages, I spoke with several Houston dealers and you can order the car any way you want, the option packages are just what you should expect to see on the dealer lot's. Hell even if I'm wrong, all the options other than sunroof and side airbags are available aftermarket, for less money and more than likely better quality. I for one hate sun/moon roofs. I'm so happy I can get the car with out one. I can't sit in many Honda's due to the fact that all EX's come with one.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by MightyMazda

Well, this press release is interesting - however, it doesn't match what is up on Mazda USA web site.  

If the press release is accurate and I don't have to spend $5,000 to get a zillion options that I don't want to get ABS, then I will have to keep the Mazda 6 as an option.

In any case, it certainly makes Mazda look like they don't know what the hell they are doing.

If the Mazda web site is correct, then it will have to be an unbelievably great car for me to still consider it.  I'll be buying a car in the next few months - I would like it to be a Mazda 6 but Mazda seems absolutely determined to keep me from buying their new mobile.

You'd think that I would be exactly the kind of consumer they would want - relatively young (mid 30s); early adopter and a brand advocate to my peers.  However, they have succeeding in pissing me off so badly that I am seriously starting to consider alternative brands.

By the way, I called a great Mazda dealership and they said that they expect to get 6s in towards the end of November (Seattle area) and the product flow should be pretty strong once they come in.

Whoever sees invoice pricing up on stoneage.com or edmunds.com or wherever first - let us know.  Steve6er will give you credit for 100 extra posts!

MM[/b]
Hey, ranting isn't good for your nerves!:D

Anyway, to me this whole thing looks like a misunderstanding due to a messed-up cross reference database on a website. Wouldn't blame Mazda too hard for that. And they are trying to clarify things. I hope they get the website straight too.

Anyway, anyone who choose another vehicle instead of the 6 due to MazdaUSA's behaviour punish themselves rather than Mazda. So cool down and wait for the 6 and until you can actually KNOW what you are talking about - after asking for a price quote on the car you want.

I am quite confident you'll find the wait worthwhile.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts

You bring up a good point about the destination charge. I suppose that I was too excited to see all the way to the end (well, if the "fine print" were even finer, I guess I'd have an excuse...:D ).

That also means though, that I have been overlooking the fact that Honda will display the list price without the $460 destination charge so that in reality, an Accord LX sedan runs at $19,660 and the Camry LE (which does show list price + destination charge) runs at $19,455 at MSRP. The Accord may be priced higher, but then again...it has ABS standard.

These cars are probably the "competition" afterall, right? Too bad the destination charge for Mazda is higher and the packaging situation is so complex. If we could get things as stand alone options, similarly optioned cars could be more easily compared for pricing...but a base 6i does still run a couple hundred dollars lower than these rivals. Add the packagine options and...well, we'll have to see.

Oh yeah, the Nissan Altima gives the 6 a good run for its money...but not particularly my cup of tea...

I agree with most of you that it would be awesome if we had more flexibility in option packaging. But then again, financial considerations are a big part of this decision because well, finances aren't the forte of a college student. Which is also why if I buy this car, it will be a looooong investment. And so, I would be willing to forgo some of the option packages if it meant that I was saving money and it was still to the point that I felt that the money that I do spend is justified. And depending on what I'm looking for in a car, I think that either the Mazda6 or the Accord can fulfill it (depending would be the key word...). I'm sorta hoping that when I drive one, one of them will just feel right...

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by MightyMazda

If the Mazda web site is correct, then it will have to be an unbelievably great car for me to still consider it.  I'll be buying a car in the next few months - I would like it to be a Mazda 6 but Mazda seems absolutely determined to keep me from buying their new mobile.

You'd think that I would be exactly the kind of consumer they would want - relatively young (mid 30s); early adopter and a brand advocate to my peers.  However, they have succeeding in pissing me off so badly that I am seriously starting to consider alternative brands.

Whoever sees invoice pricing up on stoneage.com or edmunds.com or wherever first - let us know.  Steve6er will give you credit for 100 extra posts!

MM[/b]
I think the press release is correct and the website is just wrong. I am guessing that someone hasn't sent the webteam a updated memo informing them of the options selection.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by Wstar5721

You bring up a good point about the destination charge.  I suppose that I was too excited to see all the way to the end (well, if the "fine print" were even finer, I guess I'd have an excuse...:D ).

That also means though, that I have been overlooking the fact that Honda will display the list price without the $460 destination charge so that in reality, an Accord LX sedan runs at $19,660 and the Camry LE (which does show list price + destination charge) runs at $19,455 at MSRP.  The Accord may be priced higher, but then again...it has ABS standard.

These cars are probably the "competition" afterall, right?  Too bad the destination charge for Mazda is higher and the packaging situation is so complex.  If we could get things as stand alone options, similarly optioned cars could be more easily compared for pricing...but a base 6i does still run a couple hundred dollars lower than these rivals.  Add the packagine options and...well, we'll have to see.

Oh yeah, the Nissan Altima gives the 6 a good run for its money...but not particularly my cup of tea...

I agree with most of you that it would be awesome if we had more flexibility in option packaging.  But then again, financial considerations are a big part of this decision because well, finances aren't the forte of a college student.  Which is also why if I buy this car, it will be a looooong investment.  And so, I would be willing to forgo some of the option packages if it meant that I was saving money and it was still to the point that I felt that the money that I do spend is justified.  And depending on what I'm looking for in a car, I think that either the Mazda6 or the Accord can fulfill it (depending would be the key word...).  I'm sorta hoping that when I drive one, one of them will just feel right...[/b]
But remember the Nissan Altima has a way cheaper interior. Its got speed but man the speed will probably rattle all the panels loose.

·
Registered
319 Posts

EVERYTHING on Mazdausa's website states 3 years/50,000 miles on all 2001, 2002, and 2003 models.

Where are you getting this 4 year warranty from?

Ya know what's funny? Mazda was one of the first, if not the first company to offer a warrany on their cars. It was to show their confidence in the rotary engine. I believe when they issued their warranty it was 3yr/50,000 miles. That was a LONG time ago. That warranty had been one of the best in the business up until about 2-3 years ago. Now it seems like the standard 3yr/36000 BtoB is having to move up to 4yr/50,000 as standard just to compete.

Nothing like making cars more expensive....

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Mazda Sweden has been giving 5 years warranty (or 100000 km, whatever comes first) until recently when they went back to 3 year warranty. On the other hand, that shorter warranty includes damage meaning cheaper insurance.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Here in Germany, there is the option of extending the warranty from 3 years (100,000 km) to 5 years (unlimited km) for 585 €.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

,,,which means you can expect the average maintenance cost for Mazda to be lower than that for two additional years of warranty. Knowing Mazda, I'd keep the money - there is no more reliable car than Mazda.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Maybe, but I drive approximately 40,000 km per year, meaning I will pass 100,000 by the middle of the third year. I just want to be on the safe side, so I'm going for the extended warranty. It's like carrying a fire extinguisher in the car (which I always do): If I don't need it, that's even better.

:)

·
Registered
137 Posts

From the North America press release:

The 2003 MAZDA6 i and s, as well as every 2003 vehicle in Mazda's lineup, are backed by the company's new 4-year/50,000-mile warranty that covers every part on the vehicle except those subject to normal wear. Also included in the warranty are 24-hour roadside assistance, use of a loaner car and protection against corrosion for five years regardless of mileage.

You even get a loaner car and not the gay shuttle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts