Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this tire and rim setup, and tonight was my first night out with them and 5 people in the car. I was going down a 140 degree entrance ramp pretty quick having fun when I heard what sounded like the tire rubbing on the fender. I stoped at the end of the ramp and got out, and it didn't seem like it was rubbing... but after I got home and looked at it, I think it was. I read many times that this can't happen? I was even thinking about getting a suspenion/drop kit, but now that seems unlikely. After I got home, I tested the clearance by haveing my bro jump up and down on the back end and I put my finger in the wheel... The fender was hitting my finger, and I'm sure the suspension wasn't compressing all the way. So what's the deal?

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
The first paragraph in this sticky is:

DISCLAIMER: Just because one member did not experience rubbing with a specific wheel/tire combo, that doesn't mean that you won't either. Individual results may vary based on the type of driving you do and your suspension setup.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I do realize that. I just had read countless posts of people saying they had no problems whatsoever. Did just read one in that post there that said I'd have to roll... I'm looking into it now, since I have no choice! :(

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Thanks. I do realize that. I just had read countless posts of people saying they had no problems whatsoever. Did just read one in that post there that said I'd have to roll... I'm looking into it now, since I have no choice! :(
[/b]
All you have to worry about is the rear, a Shop could do this for you for $150 or less

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actuall just pick up a set of nero 215/45/18 all season tires because my potenzas are worn out. How much narrower is 215 over 225? Should I roll first, or see if I need to after I get them on?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I actuall just pick up a set of nero 215/45/18 all season tires because my potenzas are worn out. How much narrower is 215 over 225?
[/b]
225(mm) minus 215(mm) equals 10mm equals one centimeter.

·
Registered
909 Posts
My rx-8's rubbed on the drive from the wheel shop to the auto body shop only driving 30mph less than 3 blocks. I have 235/40/18...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts