Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In terms of the 6s (V6), does CP-E have any other performance products scheduled sometime this year or next year?

The last performance part we saw was the headers which just finished early this year... so its still early for another product but just wondering.

Thanks,

Spidy

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Working on a TB and 2nd gen MAFci.There will be more things when the speed stuff is finished.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey guys, sorry my presence on the boards has been spotty lately. We've been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to jump on the boards. The majority of the updates I've been making have been on other boards. Some people on some 'other' messageboards are spreading bad info about our new XCel cold air kits for the SPEED3, and I've been trying to put out the fires. That, and some people are calling into question the effectiveness of our machined MAF houings. I guess in every new market, you need to re-demonstrate the effectiveness of your product to the new community. Taking other people's word for it just doesn't fly. So, I've been trying to properly introduce cp-e to the SPEED3 community, but so far it hasn't been easy!

I'm being totally candid with what I'm about to say. We unfortunately can't concentrate on the 6S products until we at least finish the SPEED6 piggyback. To explain the problem precisely, both the throttle body upgrade and the next generation MAFi system, AND the SPEED6 piggyback are all projects for Lou, and only Lou. Lou is our only electrical engineer and he's got projects booked into the next millenium! Luckily, both the throttle body upgrade and the 2nd generation MAFci don't require a whole lot of development. The throttle body upgrade will use hardware that we already have in production, and the MAFci system is an upgrade from a current product. So both should be relatively quick projects if things go smoothly.

What will probably happen is there will be a lull in production sometime soon and we'll tackle the 6S stuff. So I can't give you guys any estimates on when we'll have them completed, but understand that they're on our radar and we need just need to find some time to complete them. But we're hopefull that the throttle and added ignition will make a pretty substaintial difference in power. Timing is a given and it adds power everywhere, and if the throttle is as restricted as a lot of intelligent 6S enthusiasts claim, then this could really help wake the car up.

Jordan

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
A few questions about the 2nd gen MAFci. Is the difference basically in the programming of the black box, or is there different hardware as well? If the difference is just in the black box, do you guys plan to sell the new black box on its own as well as with the entire package? Because a lot of us here already have the 1st gen MAFci and already have the pipe, so can we just replace the old black box with the new one?

·
Registered
886 Posts
A few questions about the 2nd gen MAFci. Is the difference basically in the programming of the black box, or is there different hardware as well? If the difference is just in the black box, do you guys plan to sell the new black box on its own as well as with the entire package? Because a lot of us here already have the 1st gen MAFci and already have the pipe, so can we just replace the old black box with the new one?[/b]

The next generation MAFci is different both in hardware and software. I don't have all the specifics that you're looking for quite yet, but we're not going to screw over the early adopters of the MAFci1 system. I'm sure we'll offer the new MAFci unit without the intake so that you can yank our the old box and wire in the new one. We also discussed an exchange program that will provide a small discount for current MAFci owners, but I'm not sure if that's feasible yet. As we get closer to production we'll have all of these details worked out for everyone.

Jordan

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Timing is a given and it adds power everywhere, and if the throttle is as restricted as a lot of intelligent 6S enthusiasts claim, then this could really help wake the car up.[/b]
Stop teasing us! Let us know when the time is closer :p

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm really stoked about the 2nd gen MAFci. I told you guys when I visited to work out my dogbone mount situation that you'd earned a repeat customer, and I plan to make good on that when this is released.

If you need an '06 6s for test fitting or anything, feel free to let me know.

:drive:

·
Registered
886 Posts
tell lou he has a month... or else.. and as far as price im hoping its around the same ??[/b]

Hah! I'll pass on the word but I don't think Lou takes well to threats :nana:

That's a great question, and I'll have to check to be sure, but I expect the price to be slightly more expensive. The processor we use to track the crank timing wheel is pretty state of the art, so that will add to the cost of the unit. I'm sure there are other little additions, but that's the most expensive part I know of that'll be on the new board. It may be too early to tell, but I'll see if I can get a price estimate for everyone.

I'm really stoked about the 2nd gen MAFci. I told you guys when I visited to work out my dogbone mount situation that you'd earned a repeat customer, and I plan to make good on that when this is released.

If you need an '06 6s for test fitting or anything, feel free to let me know.

:drive:[/b]

:cheers:

That's great! You better believe that we'll need a guinea pig or two for 2nd-gen MAFci testing! When we get closer to the testing phase (you'll know because I'll make a big stink about it here) call Josh and let him know that you're down for some beta testing. Lord knows that local[i/] 6S's are really (surprisingly) hard to come by.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I second that at being a Guinea Pig, Jordan. I have the '07 6s that had the MAFci installed by you in February. Very excited about this. Also, I have been meaning to contact you guys about coming in for being the car to have the engine mount fabrication work/ test fitting done so we can get the mount to work for 07 models, but have yet to find an opportunity to call and find a good time that will work for you. That doesn't mean my interest in it has subsided, just been busy. I really want that mount to work for my car.

Later!

Paul

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
lol im just kiddin with the whole threat thing lou...

and as far as guinea pigs isnt CPE located somewhere in the midwest?
cause im down

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Im down with being a beta tester for an 04.It will go well with a mustang tb and a mondeo intake manifold

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Josh, if you need a test vehicle with headers and the MAFci, you are more than welcome to use it. There will be no rush, as I have other vehicles.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts