Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that if you want the sport package you must get the BOSE package? And if you want the moonroof you must get the leather seats, comfort package, and side airbag package? I can deal w/ the bose package, but I really don't wanna pay for the other stuff.

Also, I was searching local dealership inventories on MAzda's site, and I didn't see 1 6s with a manual transmission. DO most of the 6s's only come w/ auto?

All I want is a 6s w/ sport package and moonfroof!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6s options in U.S.'

Search inventories of dealerships near you, no special orders as I recall. What is out there is what options you have.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Originally posted by kook

Is it true that if you want the sport package you must get the BOSE package?[/b]
No QUOTE
And if you want the moonroof you must get the leather seats, comfort package,[/b]
Yes QUOTE
and side airbag package?[/b]
no
I can deal w/ the bose package, but I really don't wanna pay for the other stuff.[/b]
Get it, it's worth every penny.

Also, I was searching local dealership inventories on MAzda's site, and I didn't see 1 6s with a manual transmission.  DO most of the 6s's only come w/ auto?[/b]
Yes, the fabled manual 6s is going to be next to impossible to find. It's also tough to find a loaded 6s without the sport package. I think I bought the only one in the entire Chicagoland area.

All I want is a 6s w/ sport package and moonfroof!

Thanks.[/b]
Impossible in the US, sorry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the info. I find it strange that Mazda wouldn't make the performance model readily available w/ a manual transmission. Many manufactures make their performance model only available w/ manual (oh, let's say for instance... Mazdaspeed Protege!).

Oh well, I guess I'll appreciate it in traffic...

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by kook

Thanks for the info. I find it strange that Mazda wouldn't make the performance model readily available w/ a manual transmission.  Many manufactures make their performance model only available w/ manual (oh, let's say for instance... Mazdaspeed Protege!).

Oh well, I guess I'll appreciate it in traffic...[/b]
First of all, the Mazda 6s is not a "performance model" like the Mazdaspeed Protege. It's simply a V-6 version. A Mazdaspeed 6 (MPS) is the "performance model", and it's not going to be released in the US for a while, if at all.

Secondly, some companies don't offer a manual transmission at all with their V-6 engines. Toyota doesn't offer one with their V-6 Camry, Nissan didn't offer a manual with their Altima's at first, Lexus didn't offer a manual with their IS300 until this year (2003 models); Infiniti won't offer a manual with their sedan version of the G35 until next year, and the list goes on. We're lucky that Mazda decided to included the option for a manual transmission with their V-6, however limited it might be at first. Give it time, the car has only been around the US for less than a month. There will be plenty of manuals to go around in March or so. And to be honest, if you can wait that long I suggest you wait for the hatchback version. It's even better than the sedan.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Is it confirmed that the hatchback version will be sold in the US? If so, anyone have info. on it? Specs, informational website, pics, etc. would be appreciated.

I've seen a pic of the hatchback looks nice but will it take away from cargo space or rear passenger room?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

I believe Mazda has said that the hatch and wagon will be released later this year (2003).. Keep in contact with your local mazda dealership to find out more.

_Abs

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Syncrosis

Is it confirmed that the hatchback version will be sold in the US? If so, anyone have info. on it? Specs, informational website, pics, etc. would be appreciated.  

I've seen a pic of the hatchback looks nice but will it take away from cargo space or rear passenger room?[/b]
Syncrosis,

Yes, it's confirmed. You can find info on the hatch on other national Mazda sites (not the US site yet, though). Start at http://www.mazda.com or http://www.theallnewmazda6.com.

The hatch doesn't take away much in trunk space (just about a gallon); and it takes away nothing at all in the cabin (but a half inch in roof height that you won't miss, 'cause it's high enough anyway). If you compare the Sedan and the hatch you'll find that the hatch is very cleverly designed.

I have one of these hatches myself and is very happy with it. Personally I prefer the hatch over the sedan since it has a sportier stance, but I guess that's up to you.

Welcome here also!

·
Registered
142 Posts

Thanks for the welcome and replies.
The Mazda dealership I called here in NY didn't have a estimated release date yet for the hatchback. I just hope when they bring it to the US they offer it in the V6 version like the rest of the world.
My wife and I were planning on buying the 2003 Accord V6 EX but it looks like the Mazda 6 S is winning our hearts. Saw it yesterday in a Mall and were captured by it's design. Not as conservative and tame as the Accord. One of our major concerns is the future reliability of the Mazda 6 Vs. the Accord. From what i've seen Honda's have rock solid reliability. Mazda cars seem to progressively improve since the early 90's.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

I just hope when they bring it to the US they offer it in the V6 version like the rest of the world.[/b]

The V6 is only available in North America. :D

I wonder if Mazda will export NA V6s once full production and model line is ramped up?

·
Registered
231 Posts

My wife and I were planning on buying the 2003 Accord V6 EX but it looks like the Mazda 6 S is winning our hearts. Saw it yesterday in a Mall and were captured by it's design. Not as conservative and tame as the Accord. One of our major concerns is the future reliability of the Mazda 6 Vs. the Accord. From what i've seen Honda's have rock solid reliability. Mazda cars seem to progressively improve since the early 90's.[/b]
Worldwide Mazda is ranked as one of the best companies for reliablily, pretty much on par with Toyota and Honda. I wouldn't worry about reliability with a Mazda. In some countries Mazda is a premium brand, for example Australia. Because America hated those little 323 hatch backs that Mazda first released their image has always been tarnished. Those ugly little cars proved to be very reliable however and many have clocked up some eyebrow-raising milage.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda 6s options in U.S.

One of our local Miata club members has over 200,000 on his Miata. Another has a 90' with 150,000 that he has had since new and uses as an Autocross/HillClimb/Track car. He had it on a dyno the other week and was only down about 3HP from new. The secret to reliabilty is regular service and loving care.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by robgtaasc
And to be honest, if you can wait that long I suggest you wait for the hatchback version.  It's even better than the sedan.[/b]
What makes it better, trunk opening space? Is wieght distribution better? b/c looks are subjective

Im just curious as to why so many US people are drooling over the hatch without actually even seeing it in person. (from the pics i think it looks unproportional) Enlighten me on why the hatch is so much better, maybe I'll cancel my order

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda 6s options in U.S.

You dont have to get the Bose option with the sports package IF YOU GET AN AUTO! If you want the 5 speed, getting the sports package REQUIRES the Bose option. It's very weird but thats how they are letting you build one on their website, and verified through the dealer in town here.

I think hatches are overrated... The hatch 6 looks exactly like the 4dr sedan with a couple extra lines for the hatch opening. And, correct me if I am wrong, has the same engine, options, etc as the sedan. I would also like to be enlightened as to why people want the hatch... anyone?

·
Registered
262 Posts

The hatch has a more aggressive stance than the sedan and the rear of the car is much "fuller" looking. It's a matter of taste I guess... and it fits my taste glands just perfect!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6s options in U.S.'

you shouldnt tell people its better and they should wait for it b/c you think it looks fuller (in pics)

like i said, looks are subjective!

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy

you shouldnt tell people its better and they should wait for it b/c you think it looks fuller (in pics)

like i said, looks are subjective![/b]
I'm not telling people to do anything. If you read my posts carefully, you'd noticed that I suggested people wait for the hatchback. There's a big difference between telling people what to do and merely giving someone a suggestion. And the reason why I even mentioned why I thought the hatchback was better (the "fuller" comment) was because Absolut asked why people thought the hatch was better. I was merely voicing my opinion on the matter.

Also, I agree with you completely that looks are subjective which is why I clearly said, "It's a matter of taste I guess... and it fits my taste glands just perfect!" But whatever man... whatever... :sarc

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

And to be honest, if you can wait that long I suggest you wait for the hatchback version.[/b]
ok

It's even better than the sedan.[/b]
Thats what i dont understand, a lot of people say that, and the looks dont make it better. No big deal tho, a 6 is a 6

·
Registered
142 Posts

Well for me it's mostly cosmetic. The 6 sedan looks sporty but the hatchback looks even sportier. I've been roaming around the net looking for pics so I can compare the two styles (since that's the best I can do living here in the US) and the hatchback just looks nicer to me. The hatchback appears to have a more bubble like shape in the roof area versus the more squashed look that the sedan has. Buying the hatchback will also give Mazda another year to fix any minor problems the current 6 owners might be currently be experiencing. I'm not in a hurry, if the hatchback comes out and I don't like it I can still get the sedan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts