Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a test drive in the M6s last week in Michigan snowy weather, I own a 93 Probe GT so my comparisons are based from there...anyways

Everything about the M6 is better which is expected...ONLY gripe is my view of the road...the M6 windshield is smaller and the dash higher up, I am 5'8" and I liked the view of the low dash, big windshield and sloping hood of the probe as oppose to the M6, but times change and my probe has become the Cougar, so the M6 is the choice for me....NOW GIVE ME MY HATCHBACK DAMMIT!!!! :wtf

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6s feel'

The lesser view is part of the trend of auto design. Waistlines are getting higher and greenhouses smaller. Look at the concept cars coming out this year, and you see VERY little glass. I guess the chopped hot rod look is coming into vogue. It's a big contrast to the late 80's and early 90's, when glass was king.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I like glass. Not only does it increase visibility, it gives a more spacious and open feeling.

Very few cars use little glass and still look good. Then again, these days, very few cars look good at all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I've heard alot of talk about the Hatchback being here by late 2003 (i.e. October or so); but from what I've gotten from another dealer...is telling me different.... from a dealer in Michigan tells me the Hatchback won't be even in PRODUCTION till summer 2004!!!!

To ME: 1/7/02

I received your internet request that you are interested in the Mazda 6 Hatchback....these
are not expected for production until the summer of 2004...so that is a ways off. When do
you need to get into a new vehicle by, are you willing to wait that long? We own 2 nissan
dealerships also if you are considering that shortly. let me know.

Sincerely,

XXXXX

I can't wait OVER a year :(

·
Registered
657 Posts

Duck, he's trying to pressure you to get the 6 sedan, or another car. he wants his money NOW, not in October or whatever. :sarc I hate dealers...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Someone over at Edmunds works at the AAI plant, and stated that the hatch and wagon are due to be launched in December 2003.

·
Registered
227 Posts

I am also 5'8" and had know visibilty issues at all. Try raisng the seat up. The power seat will go a couple of inches.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

not a height issue, but more an "openess" feel that the M6 was kinda smaller than the probe, don't matter this is a smooth ride

·
Registered
146 Posts

My personal alltime favorite car was my 93 Ford Probe GT; I absolutely loved that car and almost cried when I had to sell it (impending fatherhood and all back in 1997...).

I drove two Ford Taurus SHO's (97 and 99) between the Probe GT and the Mazda6; the Mazda6 is like coming home again. I absolutely love this car and it is precisely because it reminds me of a grown-up Probe GT.

And the Bose Stereo absolutely rips the Probe's stock one. The one thing I *hated* was the Probe's stereo. It was crap. The Bose in the 6 is stunningly good for a factory setup.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by halfadozen

My personal alltime favorite car was my 93 Ford Probe GT[/b]
Another Plus here for the Probe (albiet mine was/is a 93 base model) Put 135,000 on her before the accident last week. Now I am replacing her with most likely a Redfire 6s almost identical to yours halfadozen (ha halfadozen=6, i get it now :p)

I'm gonna miss her!

(Anyone looking for a '93 base model Probe as a parts car? :D)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda 6s feel

Halfadozen:

I know exactly how you feel about the SHO. I drove a 1990 SHO and kept it until every Ford part on it fell off........178miles on the odometer, and the engine didn't even need a tune-up. The 6 is the first car I think I will feel the same way about. I must say, it still doesn't have the power or unbelievable high rev's of the SHO, but it is the first car I've owned that is more than just a car......it is pure excitement on the way to any destination.

Mazda 6
Sterling Silver
S Trim
V6
AT

·
Registered
146 Posts

Originally posted by diesel5599

Halfadozen:

I know exactly how you feel about the SHO. I drove a  1990 SHO and kept it until every Ford part on it fell off........178miles on the odometer, and the engine didn't even need a tune-up. The 6 is the first car I think I will feel the same way about. I must say, it still doesn't have the power or unbelievable high rev's of the SHO, but it is the first car I've owned that is more than just a car......it is pure excitement on the way to any destination.

Mazda 6
Sterling Silver
S Trim
V6
AT[/b]
We are keeping the 99 SHO for the time being so my wife can drive it until the lease is up on her truck (too many miles already) in May.

The SHO is a really really nice car. But it feels sorta clumsy and overweight compared to my Mazda6.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda 6s feel

Yep, I am driving my 2nd Probe GT. First a 94 GT and now a 97GT. Love the car but at 102k and counting, it was time to make a move. So funny that you guys are contrasting the PGT and the M6 and saying that it is almost like a "grown up version of the Probe"; because that is exactly what I was thinking when I took the 6s for a test drive. Right now I am waiting for delivery of my 6s in May. It was custom ordered and I cant wait till it gets here. But, at the same time I hate having to give up the Probe. At 102k, it is surely headed for the scrap heap when it gets traded in....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts