Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...
can I get your thoughts on the following situation. I found the car I want.. a gray 6s with moon roof, automatic 5 speed, leather, and sports package. The problem is that its a dealer car and has 1500 miles on it already. Would you guy still consider it?

Also, what kind of deduction for mileage would you guys ask for?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda 6S (all my options)

If it was a demo car I would shy away from it if you can. I know I rev'ed it up real good on my test drive. Plus that many different driving styles through the "break-in" period can not be good for the car in the long run. IMO a demo car is even worse than a used car.

If that is the car you are looking for, you can probably have your dealer or MazdaUSA (@800-222-5500) locate that vehicle for you. The automatics are much easier to find than the manuals.

btw- Please add your location to your profile,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6S (all my options)'

Cool. Thanks for the information. I am in Silver Spring, Maryland. Mazda USA can locate vehicles over the phone for you? Cool! Their website does an ok job, but sometimes its slower than turtles in the indy 500.

Thanks for your input about the dealer car... i will stick with my gut feelings and avoid it.

:)

Mike

·
Registered
628 Posts

AFAIK, yes. The last time i spoke to a customer service rep, they offered to transfer me to the car locater service. Be aware that the website is not very representative of what dealer have. My car has been on my dealers site for about a month now and it is still 2 weeks out.

Good Luck, and be sure to stay in touch with the board!

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Keep in mind that the inventory list doesn't show the true inventory that the dealer has at the specific time. It will show what orders have been made for that specific dealership. When I asked about this same thing they said once it appears on the inventory list expect to wait about a month before it actually shows up in the dealer lot.

·
Registered
895 Posts

If you knew what I did to the 6s on my test drive, you'd want to stay away from the dealer car.

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts