Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm currently looking to buy a mazda 6 loaded up with more than the basic goodies and I found one that is in my price range. I'm able to put down 4k and have apr rate of 2.49. I'm looking to purchase this mazda 6s 2006? What are your thoughts and recommend purchase price after tax.
I personally love the car but want to purchase it at the best price. It is 14,995 before taxes. and i live in ct

2006 Mazda Mazda6 S Red Sedan 4 Dr.. A Mazda Mazda6 at Torrington Hyundai Torrington CT

Thanks, :lol:
Charlie

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Well are you gonna get aftermarket grilles and stuff for your 6? In my honest opinion, the 03-05's looks much more sportier than the 06-08. For an extra 1 or 2 grand you could pick yourself up a speed6 if you're into speeds (turbocharged, all wheel drive, in other words pretty damn fast).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally how much do they cost? and is the turbo stick only? i can't drive stick and the main reason i don't is because i have to commute to my school, work, and girlfriends house all the time. I would add them if i'm able to drop the price

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
id pass. that price is insane. i paid less for my 6 when it wasnt even a year old.

and im with jjkalai, try to find a 03-05 sport. they look much better.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yeah, check out the FS threads on here... They're going for much less.

Speeds are manual only, but it's fun. It'll only take you 1-2 days to learn how to drive a manual, and once you go boost it's hard to go back.

Body style I think the sexiest would be from top to bottom...

-Mazdaspeed6
-03-05 Sport
-03-05 Non-sport (with lip kit)
-06-08
-09-11 2nd Gen

Reactions: cmichalek91

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn, I been looking for about a month to find a decent price on a nice mazda 6 with low mileage. I def need to go through a dealer and needs to be under 50k miles thanks

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
An 06 6 for that price I would pass my 08 was only 12k from the dealer with 50k on it when I bought it.

Also I like my 08 the only thing that I don't like is that I don't have the sport bumper, but I can always do a conversion.

To bad u cant drive a manual, I wish I bought a speed 3 or speed 6 now

·
Registered
175 Posts
Seems a bit steep.

Honestly, just get a stick though. 3 Reasons:

#1 - Easy to learn. It's really not that hard - It'd take you literally a few days to pick it up. Just stay away from steep hills & other scary stuff until you're comfortable. The first car I bought on my own was a Cavalier stick - Had no idea - I lurched it to the adjacent parking lot & went nuts figuring it out. Literally my only experience was a logitech racing wheel on my Playstation & driving a Gator at work like 3 times. It's really easy to pick up when you have no choice & force yourself to do it. ;-)

#2 - More options, you can drive anything on the lot.

#3 - Steming from #2: Everyone wants an auto - The sticks sit on used lots and collect dust. This means better pricing (plus they're already cheaper to begin with) esp if it's something like the 6 that comes in both.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
my 07 w/ 47k miles was 11k out the door....for that price id get something else....theres def cheaper 6's

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
dont buy a car thats already modded....what's the fun of that? you gotta make your 6 your own style. plus if its modded like crazy then its probably been driven hard...

Reactions: cmichalek91

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks again, ct sucks for finding cars. i keep looking all over the place and find jack shit. haha, but i'm looking more and more. All i want is a nice mazda 6 s at least a touring or above. I'm a sucker for rear spoilers, leather, and a sun/moon roof.

·
Registered
224 Posts
old thread i know, but just to add to how ridiculous that price is... I got my 2009 Mazda 6i Touring with 55k miles on it for $15k with push button start and the bose/sunroof package and its a Certified Pre-Owned so I have a warranty until 100,000k miles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts