Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whassup 6 Club forums im pretty stoked about this past weekend at Jackson Raceway in Sacramento, Ca. I came into this weekend looking for a 16 sec. run out of my stock 6 and i got it. The weekend went great. I had a pass of 16.976 at 81.84 mph. I did lose in the semi-finals but did come out with 3rd place and a plaque, a shirt, and 75 bucks in my wallet.

It was hot as hell so im figuring that i can get consistant 16's if it wasnt 105 degrees up there. My 16 sec run came during the bye round which i was lucky because i dialed in at 17.00 flat and beat my time. But none the less here are the pics.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6i Times at Jackson Raceway'

I would love to go to Lebanon Valley in NY and get a few runs on my V6 manual. I have to be in the low 15s/high 14s. Especially with the cars I pull on everyday. Great runs with the 4cyl 16 sec times are exceptional for a 160HP 3000lb car.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reading Topic: Mazda 6i Times at Jackson Raceway

I also weighed my car with the spare tire and jack out..and all the seats except the drivers seat out and it came out to about 2800 lbs.

·
Registered
49 Posts

i raced mmine this past weekend.i have a v6 auto 16.23at 87-86 mph it was like 85-90 dergres

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

According to my G-Tech pro, I must be a damn race car driver compared to what I'm reading here. I haven't tried testing 1/4 mile yet since I don't have a good stretch of road for it, but I have tried to test 0-60. Unfortunately, the damn thing won't tell me 0-60. It keeps counting until the quarter mile.

But, I've turned in a 16.9 second quarter mile by running second gear into the limiter and then slowing down- final trap speed was only 64mph, but I believe I actually finished the quarter mile after slowing down from this speed. I STILL hit 16's. I *think* 2nd gear at the rev limiter is close to 64mph. This is in a 6i manual and I always squeel the tires shifting to 2nd.

In all likelyhood, I probably also need to spend some time making sure the G-Tech is calibrated properly, but it appears to be (reading 1G when held vertical) and they're supposed to be accurate to 1/10th of a second. As of right now, I'd question the numbers I got, but G-Tech's are known to be very accurate.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

wouldnt a trap speed of 64 put you in like the high 24's or ssomething like that....I dont think its working quite right ;)

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

Yeah, but I'd of hit 64 mid-way through the run too... theoretically, if I could instantaneously go 64mph but never higher, I'd still dip into the 14's. If math is serving me right, I'd have to of hit 0-60 much too quickly to run a 17 second 1/4 mile (rounding) without exceeding 64mph- I'd have to do it less than 3 seconds!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

your math sounds right...i guess if its guestimating for you cause it knows you let off the throttle or whatever its pretty close, c&d had teh 6i listed at 16.4 in the quarter

·
Registered
3,030 Posts

i am skeptical of the G-tech. It measures speed using G-force.
what about the forces generated due to gear changes (read jolts/jerks)???

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Mazda 6i Times at Jackson Raceway

It's accurate to 1.3G's and sampled 500 times per second, and I assure you I couldn't possibly jerk the car that badly or that quickly.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

From what happened to some heads i know..well this was with the g teck original not the g tech pro but like they ran on the streets postin 14 sec runs but track time they were well into the 16's n 17's...but the pro is more precise....so i really dont know

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

From what I can tell, it's of uptmost importance that the thing is mounted correctly in the car. I bet that's the reason for the error, as well as part of mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts