·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I always get 626 as well. :doh:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I get asked a combination of people mistaking it for something else or people pretending to know what it is. The best thing about the obscurity of the 6 is that with my bodykit most people don't have a clue what they car is and since a 6 with a bodykit is extremely uncommon I get a lot of people staring or going on and on about how hot it is. Talk about ego trip :nana:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
My boss asked if my 6 was a Saturn... Whoa.[/b]
Quit. Demand worker's comp for psychological damages.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah I know what you guys are saying, I haven't gotten the question recently but when I first bought the car in 2005 this area wasn't flooded with 6's like it is now but the only story really that I have was when I got my first ticket in the car and he got the mazda part right but we spent the next 5-7 mins talking about the mazda6's and how weird it is that it just has a number for its name, guess he never heard of the 3 either.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I have had people come up to me and ask what my car is only because all the badges are removed except the flying m symbols.... and when i go to part stores, they know exactly what car i am talking about.

never had a problem with vehicle distinction with them

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have had people come up to me and ask what my car is only because all the badges are removed except the flying m symbols.... and when i go to part stores, they know exactly what car i am talking about.

never had a problem with vehicle distinction with them[/b]
To somewhat quote the person of color in the beginning of the first Mighty Ducks movie during the scene at the iced-over pond when Emilio Estevez rolls onto the ice in a limo, I'd say...

...you're obviously in the wrong 'hood.

In most areas, the Mazda 6 remains a mystery. I don't mind my car being mistaken for an Acura (someone made a South Park reference and that episode was funny... Acura cake...) but if I hear Ford Taurus or something very degrading ever again, I'll break out in tears.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
pfffttt...thats nothing!..You may want to add.......(get ready for this)....MUSTANG! to the list.....

hmmm...I guess the Flying M stands for Mustang eh? :laugh: .....uggghhhh And after all these years, I thought I had a Mazda....Not a Mustang....ahhh well... :sarc:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've had worse, like the sales manager back in '92 who tried to convince me that the new Isuzu Trooper he war trying to sell me had 16 valves per cylinder. Or the guy who wanted to bet me that the Porsche 928's engine was a flat 8. :laugh:
How about we start a thread on this?

·
Registered
344 Posts
A few people have mistaken my car for an Audi. I guess the speed6 is like an Audi with a ton less problems.[/b]
You might be correct on that. AWD, turbo, and refinement come with a more pleasant price tag and Mazda has built some highly reliable vehicles. I wish I had the Mazdaspeed 6 myself, but I'll stick to what I have and actually pay it off some more before jumping into sticky financial situations. At least people usually mistake our cars for something up-market, such as an Audi or an Acura. Forget Mustangs and Ford Taurus. I can't believe someone thought a sports SEDAN was a Mustang. Jeez...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
pfffttt...thats nothing!..You may want to add.......(get ready for this)....MUSTANG! to the list.....

hmmm...I guess the Flying M stands for Mustang eh? :laugh: .....uggghhhh And after all these years, I thought I had a Mazda....Not a Mustang....ahhh well... :sarc:[/b]
:laugh:

·
Registered
897 Posts
A coworker took a ride with me the other day and he remarked, "man, this Mitsubishi of yours is just great!"
:D

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Okay every time i go to get parts for my 6
I get asked the same questions
"whats a mazda 6???"
"are you sure its not a 626??"
"there is no such thing as a mazda 6"
"are you sure its not a mazda 3"
It gets annoying..lol..and i got asked these questions at auto zone, kragen and a local body shop.
:drive:

anyone else get asked questions like mine ???[/b]
Not really, but if you are it might be because we have a "mazda6" not a "6" so they have to look up a "mazda mazda6"... confusing, wtf were they thinking? anyway, It just depends on how they have it in their system. My car loan says a mazda "6" while my insurance says mazda "mazda6".

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.