Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi. I did not verify it myself. I brought the car to 2 dealerships and they both had the same answer: Mazda designed it that way. They both said they tested other 2019 Mazda6s on their lots and the issue existed on each one they tried. One dealership kept my car for almost a week. One of the General Managers said, I have no idea what to tell you. We would have to take the entire engine apart to figure out why this is happening. Again, it seemed odd to me, and they could see that I was unsure about their response. That's when they suggested contacting the corporate office. Corporate office said, whatever the dealerships say, that's the answer. If this is the way it was designed, okay. If it is unique to my car, okay. I'd just like some sort of schematic or true explanation as to why Mazda would design this sort of system. Others say, no HVAC system blows equally. I don't believe this because of the 10+ cars I've owned.

I will verify this myself ASAP.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, it may be the case that “they all do that,” but if I was in your place I would NOT take their word for it. I’d go out and choose 5 or so other 6s on the lot and check it for myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2018 Signature does this as well. It happens regardless of the AC system being on or off. More recently, there is an additional vibration that feels like the car is misfiring and it is not smooth when I transitioning from brake to gas (when the torque converter is engaging)...it's a strange pulsing/oscillation which surges through the whole car and makes the car rock fore and aft.
It's not smooth and it feels like there is an issue to me. Also, when cold, the transmission immediately rides the torque converter between 1st and 2nd gear and violently shifts/locks converter into second...it almost chirps the tires. It only does this once when you first start driving it but it's another transmission issue.

Based on my experiences with the other issues with this car I am just driving it until I can trade it. I've had nothing but problems with it and don't have much confidence in any dealer who has attempted to repair it.

This sounds like it Ishtar be caused by cylinder deactivation. This can feel like a rough idle. The surge in power could result from the inactive cylinders reactivating and dramatically increasing boost.

·
Administrator
8,408 Posts
This sounds like it Ishtar be caused by cylinder deactivation. This can feel like a rough idle. The surge in power could result from the inactive cylinders reactivating and dramatically increasing boost.
His Signature has the 2.5 turbo, which does not have cylinder deactivation. Only the NA engine does.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think the surge is a combination of torque converter slipping then locking and the car shifting into 3rd at the same time. Seems to be very complicated programming which works most other times, it just doesn't work right when cold and starting off. I will see if I can grab a video of it sometime.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ugh. Hate to be a complainer, but a new problem. Its 85 degrees today. I drove the car for about an hour and the temperature gauge has not moved from 71 degrees. Anyone experience this?
Yes, my 2018 Signature has had a couple of times where the outside temp display didn't change from the temp in my garage to the hotter outside temp while driving around. It was saying a much cooler temp than the real temp was as well. Seemed to clear itself up after a while and I haven't really noticed it since.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts