Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently purchased a 2019 Mazda 6. Love the car. I noticed that when idling, a vibration kicks in after about 30 seconds on the seat, center console and a touch on the steering wheel. Not that big of a deal, but just curious if anyone has experienced this. Thank you.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I don't think this is normal, but I suspect that it is just the A/C running ON and OFF. Still, for you to feel the vibration on your steering wheel...

·
Rally Racer
1,973 Posts
Hello. I recently purchased a 2019 Mazda 6. Love the car.
congratulations
I noticed that when idling, a vibration kicks in after about 30 seconds on the seat, center console and a touch on the steering wheel.
Did you have to pay extra for this? I notices Costco was charging thousands of dollars for chairs that do this same thing...

·
Registered
244 Posts
My 2018 Signature does this as well. It happens regardless of the AC system being on or off. More recently, there is an additional vibration that feels like the car is misfiring and it is not smooth when I transitioning from brake to gas (when the torque converter is engaging)...it's a strange pulsing/oscillation which surges through the whole car and makes the car rock fore and aft.
It's not smooth and it feels like there is an issue to me. Also, when cold, the transmission immediately rides the torque converter between 1st and 2nd gear and violently shifts/locks converter into second...it almost chirps the tires. It only does this once when you first start driving it but it's another transmission issue.

Based on my experiences with the other issues with this car I am just driving it until I can trade it. I've had nothing but problems with it and don't have much confidence in any dealer who has attempted to repair it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2018 Signature does this as well. It happens regardless of the AC system being on or off. More recently, there is an additional vibration that feels like the car is misfiring and it is not smooth when I transitioning from brake to gas (when the torque converter is engaging)...it's a strange pulsing/oscillation which surges through the whole car and makes the car rock fore and aft.
It's not smooth and it feels like there is an issue to me. Also, when cold, the transmission immediately rides the torque converter between 1st and 2nd gear and violently shifts/locks converter into second...it almost chirps the tires. It only does this once when you first start driving it but it's another transmission issue.

Based on my experiences with the other issues with this car I am just driving it until I can trade it. I've had nothing but problems with it and don't have much confidence in any dealer who has attempted to repair it.
Thanks for the reply. I am going to take the car in just because it is so new, but your description is similar to my experience. I know just the pulse you are talking about as well. Out of nowhere, it feels as if there is a power surge almost like a wave. I experienced that as well. Another issue is the A/C. The center vent that faces the driver blows about 75% less air than the other 3. These are clearly not huge issues, but my car has 100 miles on it and seems like it shouldn't have any issues out of the gate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think this is normal, but I suspect that it is just the A/C running ON and OFF. Still, for you to feel the vibration on your steering wheel...
Thanks for the reply. Yes, my guess is the A/C but it happens without it as well.

·
Super Moderator
16,801 Posts
Mine always had a bit of a rougher idle when I first got it and can confirm my brother-in-law's Cx5 does the same - I think you're perfectly fine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am going to take the car in just because it is so new, but your description is similar to my experience. I know just the pulse you are talking about as well. Out of nowhere, it feels as if there is a power surge almost like a wave. I experienced that as well. Another issue is the A/C. The center vent that faces the driver blows about 75% less air than the other 3. These are clearly not huge issues, but my car has 100 miles on it and seems like it shouldn't have any issues out of the gate.
Have you noticed the vent control wheel that allows you to close the vent? Is that sort of closed on the vent not performing well?

Unfortunately, new car does not equal no issues. My car still has outstanding issues that Mazda can't fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you noticed the vent control wheel that allows you to close the vent? Is that sort of closed on the vent not performing well?

Unfortunately, new car does not equal no issues. My car still has outstanding issues that Mazda can't fix.
I adjusted the vent control wheel in every option possible. Mazda dealership said it was designed that way, without any other explanation.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I adjusted the vent control wheel in every option possible. Mazda dealership said it was designed that way, without any other explanation.
Interesting. Did adjusting the wheel change the flow of air at all? If it doesn't, then something is obviously wrong. If you have the fan on high and adjust the wheel, the flow of air should change accordingly. If not, then it's an issue.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Another issue is the A/C. The center vent that faces the driver blows about 75% less air than the other 3. These are clearly not huge issues, but my car has 100 miles on it and seems like it shouldn't have any issues out of the gate.
I tried it tonight on my 2018 Canadian GT (GTR in the US) and both center vents seems to blow the same amount of air. No scientific measurements here, just the back of my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting. Did adjusting the wheel change the flow of air at all? If it doesn't, then something is obviously wrong. If you have the fan on high and adjust the wheel, the flow of air should change accordingly. If not, then it's an issue.
Adjusting the wheel didn't help at all. On the lowest level there is almost no air at all. On the highest level it is far below the other 3. The dealer said all of the 2019 Mazda6 HVAC's work that way and that it is by design. The most frustrating aspect is there is no scientific or hard data to prove this. Some people have said that no HVAC system blows perfectly through all vents, however I have never owned a car with this type of system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried it tonight on my 2018 Canadian GT (GTR in the US) and both center vents seems to blow the same amount of air. No scientific measurements here, just the back of my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. This appears to be a design flaw but the dealers say, this is how the car was delivered to them. Seems odd that Mazda would design a HVAC system this way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ugh. Hate to be a complainer, but a new problem. Its 85 degrees today. I drove the car for about an hour and the temperature gauge has not moved from 71 degrees. Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
May sound stupid... but the vent adjusts left to right as well. I'm absolutely sure you're aware of this but it may be something to check (that's it's not full left or full right) if you hadn't already.

I haven't had an issue with my vents, but when I'm solo I do point the second center vent towards me as well. I can't say for certain if both are the same flow or not but I haven't had an issue with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
May sound stupid... but the vent adjusts left to right as well. I'm absolutely sure you're aware of this but it may be something to check (that's it's not full left or full right) if you hadn't already.

I haven't had an issue with my vents, but when I'm solo I do point the second center vent towards me as well. I can't say for certain if both are the same flow or not but I haven't had an issue with it.
Thank you for the reply. Funny, when I mention the A/C issue to people, they assume this is the first car I've ever owned. Moving the vents in every way possible is the first troubleshooting thing I did. This is not a user error.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wasn't intended an insult.

I work in IT. You'd be surprised how many people don't reboot before complaining about what is surely the worst problem in the world.

Hope you get your issues - either perceived or real - and you get to enjoy the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I brought the car to two dealerships to look into the A/C situation. They both said that it was designed that way and that other Mazda6's
Wasn't intended an insult.

I work in IT. You'd be surprised how many people don't reboot before complaining about what is surely the worst problem in the world.

Hope you get your issues - either perceived or real - and you get to enjoy the car.
Oh, no. Apologies if my response sounded slightly aggressive. I suppose I slightly shoved my thoughts into a reply. Not insulted, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I know what you mean about IT issues. Like many people, I work on a computer all day long and most issues are cleared (thankfully) up by a simple reboot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't help but think Mazda may know about this issue are not forthcoming about it. This is just a thought. Believe me, I love the car and want it to work well. I drove a 2007 VW Passat before this and A/C blew perfectly/equally out of evert vent, no vibrations, no false temperature readings, no problems. What started off as a simple question/curiosity about the A/C turned into an ordeal. I brought the car to 2 dealerships and they both said all of the Mazda6's on their lots have one weak vent. They said if I wasn't happy with that answer I could call the corporate office. Simply out of curiosity, I did that. Corporate office said that whatever the dealerships say the issue is, that is by design and not faulty. One of the dealerships graciously offered me $500 for the trouble.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts