Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 USA'

I think he's talking about the sedan on Mazda's US website. Genius, they haven't announced exact dates, but the release is slated for December, with sedans arriving probably sometime in November. It may go as late as January depending on how smoothly the production starts up. Hatches and sedans are sometime in 2003; I have heard both 2nd quarter and summer, which is pretty vague, but I would think July would be reasonable.
As to your other questions:
pricing: not announced yet. I expect $18000-23000.

sedan vs. hatchback: I think it just depends on which YOU prefer. Many people in this country don't like hatchbacks. They associate them with cheap econoboxes. To me they can be both sporty and more practical than a sedan. With good design like the 6, you get the best of both worlds. The sleek looks of a sedan with nearly the utility of a wagon. If you don't ever need to haul large stuff then the sedan may be better for you. The handling will probably be a bit more taut due to more structure in the rear.

You should be able to buy the silver sedan just as it appears on the website. In fact I believe they changed the design due to complaints from people. The site originally featured the yellow hatch pretty prominently. But people complained because you won't be able to get that for 6 months after the release of the car. :sarc

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 USA'

Nice plan! Of course the Accord is the #1 stolen car because it's been the #1 selling car for 9 out of the last 10 years. An Accord is worth more as spare parts than it is as a car! :hoho Kind of sad actually. It's a catch 22 with insurance. They get you coming and going. They'll raise your rates because your car is popular (lots of theft). They'll raise your rates because your car isn't popular (expensive parts). What a bunch of bloodsucking dirtbags!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.