Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I havn't posted for a while but I just got some quick questions...which may or may not have already been answered.

1.) When willl the 6 arrive in the USA...i know its fall of 02 but does n e 1 have the exact date.

2.) What will the price be for the sedan and the hatchback...and I have asked this before...is the hatchback gonna look all that different than the sedan...aside from the absence of a trunk. (Do u think i will be able to get it (either one, sedan or hatchback)...for less than $20,000. b4 tax?

3.) Also, would it be better to wait until the hatchback came out...or just to get the sedan and put a spoiler on it and such.

4.) Last ?...I've seen many pics of the mazda but I especially like THE NEW SILVER ONE with the spoiler...that is the sedan right?...and is that body kit standard (Will I be able to go to the mazda dealership and buy one that looks like the silver one?)

Any info you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 USA'

I think he's talking about the sedan on Mazda's US website. Genius, they haven't announced exact dates, but the release is slated for December, with sedans arriving probably sometime in November. It may go as late as January depending on how smoothly the production starts up. Hatches and sedans are sometime in 2003; I have heard both 2nd quarter and summer, which is pretty vague, but I would think July would be reasonable.
As to your other questions:
pricing: not announced yet. I expect $18000-23000.

sedan vs. hatchback: I think it just depends on which YOU prefer. Many people in this country don't like hatchbacks. They associate them with cheap econoboxes. To me they can be both sporty and more practical than a sedan. With good design like the 6, you get the best of both worlds. The sleek looks of a sedan with nearly the utility of a wagon. If you don't ever need to haul large stuff then the sedan may be better for you. The handling will probably be a bit more taut due to more structure in the rear.

You should be able to buy the silver sedan just as it appears on the website. In fact I believe they changed the design due to complaints from people. The site originally featured the yellow hatch pretty prominently. But people complained because you won't be able to get that for 6 months after the release of the car. :sarc

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for your help...

So...Hopefully I can have the mazda 6 by the end of the year...if all goes according to plan. Gotta convince my dad first...he's stuck on the accord...the 2002. I don't want it however...cuz every1 has that car...as for the 2003 accord...it seems too awkward...it has power...but looks outweigh power in my book. The 6 is the way to go...

Thanks again for the Info...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Nice plan! Of course the Accord is the #1 stolen car because it's been the #1 selling car for 9 out of the last 10 years. An Accord is worth more as spare parts than it is as a car! :hoho Kind of sad actually. It's a catch 22 with insurance. They get you coming and going. They'll raise your rates because your car is popular (lots of theft). They'll raise your rates because your car isn't popular (expensive parts). What a bunch of bloodsucking dirtbags!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka
What a bunch of bloodsucking dirtbags!  [/b]
Those lowlevel worms would be subject to a thread of their own if it wasn't for the fact that they are so ***** and ******. May they rot in their own offices! :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

When you wrote offices I thought it said orifices.  :D :D Makes more sense my way![/b]
True. We'll take it your way!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Genius

haha...I read it the same way...[/b]
Sorry we managed to get this thread off topic also. But it was for a good cause!!;)

·
Registered
58 Posts

Sorry we managed to get this thread off topic also. But it was for a good cause!!;)[/b]
well, there's not much 6 related stuff to talk about these days until we get our grubby little hands on the sheet metal. at least you're getting pretty close to yours and have had a chance to drive one!

MM

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by MightyMazda

Sorry we managed to get this thread off topic also. But it was for a good cause!!;)[/b]
well, there's not much 6 related stuff to talk about these days until we get our grubby little hands on the sheet metal. at least you're getting pretty close to yours and have had a chance to drive one!

MM[/b][/quote]

Yeah. I bet you are envious, aren't you? Well...think of Sigvard. He already HAS his 6. On the other hand...when ours are brand new, he'll be driving around in a used car! (Sorry, Sigvard!):D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

or by then...he (Sigvard) will have his 6 modded to his own personal specifications...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Genius

or by then...he (Sigvard) will have his 6 modded to his own personal specifications...[/b]
Yeah, that too. But then he can tell us what he did and how he did it...

/Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts