Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an used UNICHIP for a 2004 Mazda 6 for sale. It was installed in the car for a year. I pulled it out due to selling the car. The system worked great. I never had any problems with it. I have it mapped for an AEM cold air with stock exhaust. If you're not familiar with this kit it allows you to change mapping for different performance add ons such as exhaust, headers and intakes. I also know of people working with UNICHIP in regards to custom mapping for turbo and supercharger set ups. The system has 2 toggle switches included. One is for resetting check engine lights if you accidentally cause one and the other is a map a and map b switch. Map B is much more aggresive settings and can only be ran on a minimum of 92 octane. I ran the car on map B and it screamed but because of us only having 91 octane in my area the check engine light flashed on so I had to go back to map A. I have the owners manual included with this. To perform the updates you would have to go to a Unichip dealer and use their system. Updates are easy if you have access to this system. Unichip already has mapping for different brands of exhaust and intakes in the database.

I want $300 for it. Retail is over $800.

Unichip dyno ratings stock with chip- average HP-13.3 Max- 17.4 TQ- average- 12.3 Max-13.9

Unichip dyno ratings with AEM cold air- average HP-16.7 Max- 28.2 Tq- average- 15.1 Max-22.5

I know alot of people on these forums have opinions concerning Unichip. They think it is too expensive. The tuneability with this kit is worth the money. Also being a piggy back system this will not affect your stock ECU. Unless the dealer is looking for the chip they will never know it is installed. Having factory updates perfromed will not affect the chip and the chip will not affect the updates. If you are interested please email me as I don't really check these forums anymore since I don't own the car anymore. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Holy fantastic deal for someone!

Too bad I have to shut it down for not meeting the forum rules..

Please read them carefully and repost... good deal for someone...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.