Mazda 6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I don't think that really counts.. I think he just got wasted and decided that would be a good idea. And then again when he made the video.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
reminds me of this

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
reminds me of this
The Pontiac G8 Truck (Holden UTE), especially the Maloo version, is actually what inspired my project. Btw, got the "Mazdamino" back from the paint shop on Tuesday. I've been spending the last few nights putting it back together. I"m sure the color may not be everyones cup of tea, or even the truck itself for that matter, but to me the thing looks pretty frick'n cool! I'll post a few shots later tonight when I get home from work. :)

Lucky

·
Super Moderator
17,378 Posts
The Pontiac G8 Truck (Holden UTE), especially the Maloo version, is actually what inspired my project. Btw, got the "Mazdamino" back from the paint shop on Tuesday. I've been spending the last few nights putting it back together. I"m sure the color may not be everyones cup of tea, or even the truck itself for that matter, but to me the thing looks pretty frick'n cool! I'll post a few shots later tonight when I get home from work. :)

Lucky

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
God damn! That turned out fantastic! Probably one of the first trucks that appeal to me. I see what you mean about the color, orange is defenitly a love it/hate it color but I totally dig it. Especially like the custom side sills. It works well with the truck bed.
:cheers:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had never seem this before it looks really good!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
667 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow! Completely mindblown. Never ran across this thread. I can't help thinking to myself if I saw this coming in the rear view, I'll be like 'Oh, it's another red 6' And as it passes me I'll be like :eek:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would love to see this in person. Because my god does it appear that the workmanship is top notch. That field fiberglass tonneau is awesome!

While it may not appeal to everyone from a looks standpoint, the mere fact that it was completed is beyond belief. Kudos to you sir!
Nate

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
As much as I love and support this project (and it looks GREAT), I'm going to be super critical for a moment and say that I think I would like it more if the bed wasn't so tall. The whole thing just seems so massive in the rear. Do you have any trouble with visibility through the rear-view mirror?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It exists! A buddy of mine's been seeing this thing on the road for a while now, and I never believed him until now.
We worked together at a Mazda dealer in town, and I can guarantee you we've NEVER seen anything like this in all our years.
I'd love to see it first hand, speaking of. You should bring it by! PM me.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts