Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our beloved Mazda 6 that we all love:

A Toyota Corolla:

Anyone on the road seen similarities? My friends tell me that they look alike. I don't really see it. The tail lights I think look a little similar, but thats about it. Anyone notice it?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda 6 & Toyota Corolla

i followed one once and i can tell the toyota is alot smaller in size...

i agree the taillights look the same from far away, but that's it...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

IMO, the Corolla is much less sport. I notice on the road that the car has a narrow track and sits way too high (you can see that in the picture). You could probably crawl under it to change the oil. :D Looks like a less radical version of an Echo (not a compliment).

·
Registered
37 Posts

Haha! I've noticed the two being somewhat similiar all the time! I still get very confused when I see what looks like a Mazda6 from very far away, but ends up being a Toyota Corolla.

But damn, I know for a fact I got the better looking one. :D :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

The door handles are similar. Actually, they look the same. That really adds to the "similar" look, but I don't really see it. I'm sure you all know my stance on cars looking "similar"

·
Registered
272 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 & Toyota Corolla'

I agree with the tail lights... there have been many instances where I thought it was a Mazda 6 only to be a Corolla. Its annoying!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

The side sills look pretty similar. Not as similar as that pavement though. Even though it's in motion in the 6 shot (well, the camera is in motion); you can totally see the similarities between it and the pavement unter the Corolla. I wonder if Toyota stole it?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

The similarities stop at the four wheels. Those two cars look nothing alike

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

They have about the same "profile".

Byt hey... 15" alloys and body kit?! Ohhh soo spoorty... wee..

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

High ground clearance yes - I don't want to see that car without the ground effects... Must look like a Cherokee or something :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Mazda 6 & Toyota Corolla

Someone in the building I work in has a Corolla like this.

The sheer size differential is a dead giveaway - and the Corolla is far more bulbous. From a distance....yyyyyeaaaahhh maybe.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Its only from a distance and from the back because of the similar taillights. I've mistaken a few Corollas for the 6. But other than that the car looks nothing alike.

·
Registered
376 Posts

we are in a Mazda 6 forum, it's impossible to convince 6 fans of this... a toyota is a toyota... :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts