Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Just want a little bit of advise I have just bought myself a Mazda 6 tamura 57 plate is it worth it to turbo it or supercharge. Think it’s running at 147bhp does anyone think turbo and remap would take it to like 220?
thanks for any advice
Sam

·
Registered
840 Posts
In north america a new car sold in oct/nov 2007 could be an '07 model if it had stayed on the lot languishing... or it could be an '08 model. Your comment re 57 plate being late in the year 2007: the "7" part refers to '07 (year); the "5" part marks it late-in-that year? Do I have this right? Does this mean you effectively "double" the "5" part to get 10th month... oct? Sorry; I am not answering your original question... There does not exist an easy, effective, tried-and-true means to pull 200+hp out of that 2 litre engine...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In north america a new car sold in oct/nov 2007 could be an '07 model if it had stayed on the lot languishing... or it could be an '08 model. Your comment re 57 plate being late in the year 2007: the "7" part refers to '07 (year); the "5" part marks it late-in-that year? Do I have this right? Does this mean you effectively "double" the "5" part to get 10th month... oct? Sorry; I am not answering your original question... There does not exist an easy, effective, tried-and-true means to pull 200+hp out of that 2 litre engine...
Haha it’s okay mate and I think so I also have another car and it’s a 62 plate means end of 2012 but wasn’t registered until 2013.
anyway what do you recommend turbo?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Thing is... maybe those more knowledgeable than me know of a system... but I don't believe there is a turbo system that has been applied on a reasonably widespread basis to the 2.0 litre engine of that vintage - to good effect. I think that the standard use of an effective cold-air intake, possibly a short ram (intake) manifold, and mebe a cat-back exhaust system will raise the HP... but at the same time these all likely would subtract torque from the lower-rev most-often-driven-in range... Maybe just add a bit more throaty of an exhaust to sound a bit better?

No good answer to the paucity of cubic inches.... i.e. 122 c.i. (2 litre) - small engine by north american standards... pretty big engine by European or UK standards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts