Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Mazda 6 Forum,

I have recently purchased a Mazda 6 Sports Nav 2018 with leather interior seats.

I have queried the effectiveness of the front heated seats with the Main dealer as they are warm at best -- getting to a comparable temperature of maybe level 1 or level 2 (of 5) on my 2010 Mazda 3 sports Nav.

I was told by the main dealer that the temperature when tested was: 25 Celsius on the seat and 24 Celsius on the back of the drivers seat -- and this was comparable to another Mazda 6 in the garage undergoing a service.

Can anyone help with comparable information please.

I would like to know what temparture to expect from each of the three levels --- and certainly what the max setting should be please.

Any help would be really appreciated with this query as I'm totally underwhelmed by the heat (lack of) coming from the seats.

Cheers,

Ade

·
Registered
87 Posts
Genuinely surprised, because the heated and cooled seat functions in my Mazda6 puts many luxury cars to shame, as heard from passengers who own luxury cars. Level-3 is typically uncomfortably hot for me and every passenger I've had in the car.

Only thing I can think of:
1) defective seats
2) Your 2010 Mazda 3 had hotter seats(if the 2018 Mazda6's heated seats only feel like level-2, then level-5 on your 2010 Mazda3 would feel like my ass is on fire) and you're just simply used to them so all other heated seats don't feel hot enough.
3) they put cooler/different heaters in UK models.

I don't own a temperature gun, so I can't give you exact numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
1. I cant get the Mazda official temperatures to confirm / refute that other than the 24/25 Celsius they were recorded on at level 3 during the week,
2. Its not a small difference from the Mazda 3 -- I had a loan car of a CX3 and this was comparable with the Mazda 3.
3. I cant find any specific details for what the heaters actually and what stock temperatures they should be kicking out.

All quite frustrating as there appears to be no information on what the 3 levels of temperature are calibrated to produce -- I do feel its a basic question that no one is helping answer.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I haven't checked the surface temperature of mine, but I can't use them at max for more than a few minutes. My normal setting for a quick drive is #2 and for a long drive it's #1.

I'll try to get a reading at #2 after a 15 minutes drive using an infrared thermometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive checked my old 2010 mazda 3 sports Nav and within a few moments at level 5 (max) the back is 42 and the base is 40. So massively different to the 2018 Mazda 6 sports Nav.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't checked the surface temperature of mine, but I can't use them at max for more than a few minutes. My normal setting for a quick drive is #2 and for a long drive it's #1.

I'll try to get a reading at #2 after a 15 minutes drive using an infrared thermometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that would be great as a comparison.

Ive asked Mazda for the official manufactures temperatures and am waiting to hear back

·
Registered
297 Posts
OK, here are my very non-scientific observations after a quick 15 min ride. Wheel heating on, seat heating at setting #2. HVAC was on, 19C / 66F, feet and windshield mode, fan was probably at 50%. Car was parked outside for 9 hours. Measurements were done around 2 minutes after I got out the car and with the driver's door wide open (real temps would be higher if I just got out of the seat).

Ambient : -11C / 12F
Unoccupied front seat : 5 to 7C / 41 to 45F
Back of the driver's seat : 24 to 28C / 75 to 82F
Driver's seat : 27 to 30C / 80 to 86F
Wheel : 28 to 30C / 82 to 86F

I used an infrared thermometer. I ignored the cold spots and focused on the hot spots. An infrared camera would be better, but I don't have one !

Note : I was toasty and I would have used setting #1 (lower) for the last 5 minutes if I wasn't doing this test.

Finally, I have a 2018 GT in Canada, so the GTR in the US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, new member and sorry to bring up a old thread but I just bought a 2016 6 GT (first Mazda I've personally owned) with the tech pack and have a question about the heated seats. It seems that only the seat backs heat while the seat cushion stays cool. So basically your back is hot while your butt is cold, is this normal for Mazda? Or do I have defective heat pads. all my other cars had both.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello, new member and sorry to bring up a old thread but I just bought a 2016 6 GT (first Mazda I've personally owned) with the tech pack and have a question about the heated seats. It seems that only the seat backs heat while the seat cushion stays cool. So basically your back is hot while your butt is cold, is this normal for Mazda? Or do I have defective heat pads. all my other cars had both.
No, the seat and back are supposed to heat.

Check my post before yours. I've made some readings with an infrared thermometer a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts