Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the sport grill didn't hit the european market due to overheating problems with the engine. Is that true or just a bloody rumor?

Just that everyone knows which part I'm talking about, here's a picture:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 sport grill'

Originally posted by Driver6

I heard that the sport grill didn't hit the european market due to overheating problems with the engine. Is that true or just a bloody rumor?

Just that everyone knows which part I'm talking about, here's a picture:

[/b]
No such problem. I've mine with the sport grill for 2 months.

·
Registered
391 Posts

ooooooh! Way too much. The skirts kit + rear spoiler + optitron gauges + titanium finish costs $765 canadian (around $500 US). I wouldn't pay double to have that grill...:sarc

·
Registered
837 Posts

$500US would be very expensive for just the grill.

However, if demand is high, group discount may bring it down if Mazda can order a bunch at a time. It may get to the problem that they may not be able to handle the demand and the price may be even more. :(

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

No need to worry.. Brillo said that he saw the sports grill as an accessory in the US Mazda6 brochure he picked up at his local Mazda dealer. Seems like we're getting it after all :)

·
Registered
355 Posts

I think it was around 500 US$.[/b]
Steve, if you pay me 400 USD's and I cen get it for you or anybody in Sweden (and I would still make around 200!!! Since I ordered mine from Singapore and it was WAY UNDER 200 USD'S with the postage!!!).

·
Registered
391 Posts

yes, I hope so, $500 US is way too much. I think around $200-300 Canadian ($135-200 US) would be more real...

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The sports grill costs € 105 in Germany :D. I just don't know if it's the real deal or an aftermarket part. Here's the link for all of you guys who are interested:

http://www.ath-hinsberger.de/d/frame1d.htm

Click on news and then on Mazda 6. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it.

·
Registered
355 Posts

I just don't know if it's the real deal or an aftermarket part. Here's the link for all of you guys who are interested:[/b]
Ummm.... I went to check the site. I found it from NEWS part, after looking for awhile.
Really can't know if it is aftermarket part from this. BUT I would bet it is, if you can buy it already, since the ones made in Asia were so popular, that they ran out of the stocks there.

This would have saved me about 70 euro's though, IF it was same looking as the original who cares? I did call the German car dealers, they couldn't provide the part... But maybe someone can order it straight from the manufacturer?

Just when I was ordering my car, it seemed like I knew more about the car and its accessories than the dealers (since the car was still coming to shops). That is why I wanted to wait with the side skirts etc. Since those can be installed cheaper after (especially if done in Germany!).

·
Registered
355 Posts

But maybe someone can order it straight from the manufacturer?[/b]
There I meant a company which sells car accessories... Not a individual person like me, I had to order it from a relative who lives in Singapore and he went to buy it from a shop as a gift for my wife... And that way the accessories might come close to 105 euro sign... BUT still makes me think that can it be original with so low price? Had to say that, even if I think it doesn't matter if it is SAME EXACT COLOR and LOOKS (and metal - not plastic) etc...

·
Registered
355 Posts

Heh, by the way the pic in this site is the same EXACTLY as you used on top of this page. Taken from the same location from the web etc. I believe?

So the pic (as it is still in News part, not in the shop catalogue) might indicate that it is either not available yet (will be the real deal?) or it is available, but doesn't look exactly like the on in the pic... :p

Now this would be interesting if someone could have a chance to check this part out one way or other, so other people than me could save around 70 euros and lots of trouble, if this part is original or close enough... BUT if it is not, then they would also save trouble not to check it...

And the site has this HORRIBLE looking grill which looks like a cheese on wheels ;) So if it is made in the same factory who knows what it is?

·
Registered
837 Posts

One question, how hard is it to install these sport grill that is after it has been painted and such?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I you "feel" on the standard grille, it's vary loosly mounted. I have looked under the car insied the bumber and it seems to be mounted with pins in the bumper. On them are there some "snaps".. Hard to explain with my english... They go perfectly down in the hole one way, but to pull it loose you have to press two "ears" on the pin to make it go back through the hole.

I belive it was like this. Not 100 % sure though

·
Registered
355 Posts

And what I checked in the car shop it was more like 3 screws or something... But can't be sure yet (10 more days and I have my own to test with :) ).

·
Registered
837 Posts

Wow, is that all it is held down by?????

I sounds kind of loose?? How can it withstand all those year of wind deflection and also opening and closing of the hood?

There better be lots of those oneway pushpin.

Anyway, it does sound easy to install but there is still the problem of the painter to paint it. If they are going to paint it, might as well ask them to install it. Wonder if it would cost a lot?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Thats how I rember it :D Might be wrong...

Yeah its sits really loose. If you grab it by the "fence" and pull, it feels like if you bull to hard it's gone come loose... Can be that it is thin and "bendy" as well..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts