Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
348 Posts
My guess is that the serpentine belt is worn. It may not look it, but chances are it is. It may be worn to the point where the tensioner can't compensate for the slack as the drag of the a/c compressor loads up the belt. Belts aren't expensive and if you haven't changed them yet, make a Sunday project of it and get it done.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
348 Posts
Is what i circled in the picture the tensioner?
Yes (as has already been mentioned). I've seen videos of changing the serpentine belt and one tutorial involved removing the engine mount on that side. I don't know if that's the easy way or removing the wheel and going through the wheel-well but you will have to get creative, for sure.

Do yourself a favor and order a new tensioner bolt and nut, and get an extra long 10mm (or maybe it's 12mm) cresent wrench. You won't be able to get sockets in there so save yourself the trouble and don't bother trying lol.
It's a 17mm wrench to compress the tensioner so you can get the belt off. But if you don't have an extra long one, you might be able to extend the 17mm with a 19mm fitted to the other end of it:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts