Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! I am new to this group !! Am just gonna buy Mazda 6 2014, but some people told me the Sky drive engine is NOT Reliable. The car has 90000 km somewhere 60ML so what Should I look at and is it worth to buy the car? about history dont have to much I live in Georgia so only can look up in Carfax

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
There HAVE been some issues with the diesel; it is not clear which engine you are referring to. The gas-engined vehicles are the only ones sold here in the US, and there has been no real problem history with them at all; I own one bought new and have nearly 200,000 miles on it without any problems at all.

The diesels have had multiple issues related to fuel/oil dilution but exactly WHY it has happened is unknown. Common-rail diesels are EXTREMELY sensitive to fuel quality as an injector that sticks open even a tiny bit will produce a crazy amount of fuel dilution; one that fails open hard will almost-instantly destroy the engine. I've never liked modern diesel complexity; once you get into common-rail, SCR and similar systems there's just too much that can go wrong with very expensive or even catastrophic results for my taste.

·
Rally Racer
2,064 Posts
Do you mean to say, "SkyActiv"? We have some members here who are running beyond the mileage you posted. One is @tickerguy and some has older models but still in great condition like @DrFeelGood .
SkyDrive is the transmission I believe and SkyActiv is the motor.

·
Registered
226 Posts
OP, you mean Georgia the country correct?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My son has a 2012 Mazda 3 MT with 165k miles on it - not one problem with the car other than the car won’t hunk anymore, but that’s probably a fuse or relay he hasn’t bother to change. He plans to keep it at least to 250k miles.
My 2018 Mazda 6 MT only has 10k miles, but I’m hoping to go at least to 250k miles on it too.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My son has a 2012 Mazda 3 MT with 165k miles on it - not one problem with the car other than the car won’t hunk anymore, but that’s probably a fuse or relay he hasn’t bother to change. He plans to keep it at least to 250k miles.
My 2018 Mazda 6 MT only has 10k miles, but I’m hoping to go at least to 250k miles on it too.
Hunk?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts