Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
First post here so go easy on me! I have a 2013 Mazda 6 SkyActiv-D in the UK with 60K miles on it. Last Sunday the Low Oil Pressure warning came on suddenly whilst driving and has remained on ever since, at whatever RPM the engine is. Oil is full, but I changed the Oil and Filter just in case, but it made no difference. I've actually been driving the car as normal for the last week, 40 miles a day, and it handles exactly the same. No noise, banging, grinding or knocking.
I now want to change out the Oil Pressure Sensor to see if that makes the warning go away (I suspect as I haven't killed the engine that it might be a sensor rather than a pressure problem). However, after spending an hour under the car today I have yet to find where it is located. I was concentrating my search around the Oil Filter on the underside of the car, but despite it being busy down there I couldn't see it. Similar on the front of the block - I can't see it..... I also can't find any links to diagrams of my particular engine.
If anyone has a photo or diagram I'd be most grateful!

Thanks

Graham

·
Super Moderator
17,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

First post here so go easy on me!
We're not that kind of forum, so you're good! :)

I have a 2013 Mazda 6 SkyActiv-D in the UK with 60K miles on it.
Congrats! Hope you've been enjoying it.

Last Sunday the Low Oil Pressure warning came on suddenly whilst driving and has remained on ever since, at whatever RPM the engine is. Oil is full, but I changed the Oil and Filter just in case, but it made no difference. I've actually been driving the car as normal for the last week, 40 miles a day, and it handles exactly the same. No noise, banging, grinding or knocking.
I now want to change out the Oil Pressure Sensor to see if that makes the warning go away (I suspect as I haven't killed the engine that it might be a sensor rather than a pressure problem). However, after spending an hour under the car today I have yet to find where it is located. I was concentrating my search around the Oil Filter on the underside of the car, but despite it being busy down there I couldn't see it. Similar on the front of the block - I can't see it..... I also can't find any links to diagrams of my particular engine.

Thanks

Graham
Here ya go :) https://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=9903444&ukey_assembly=1148650&ukey_make=995&ukey_model=14358&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=2014

Part# 212C0 or 212J0A, respectively.

BTW, that website is my Go-To for all things parts. You can pick your model year/make and search for any terms. All I did was search for "Switch" and it showed right up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
First post here so go easy on me! I have a 2013 Mazda 6 SkyActiv-D in the UK with 60K miles on it. Last Sunday the Low Oil Pressure warning came on suddenly whilst driving and has remained on ever since, at whatever RPM the engine is. Oil is full, but I changed the Oil and Filter just in case, but it made no difference. I've actually been driving the car as normal for the last week, 40 miles a day, and it handles exactly the same. No noise, banging, grinding or knocking.

Thanks

Graham
Hello,
I seem to have the same problem, i am curious if changing the sensor helped? I also changed oil and oil filters but the low pressure warning still remains

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Hello,
I seem to have the same problem, i am curious if changing the sensor helped? I also changed oil and oil filters but the low pressure warning still remains
Unfortunately, the guy is no longer active. I suspect that changing the sensor is a good start.

Let's wait for the others to offer other recommendations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems to be a common problem with skyactive 2.2 diesel. It's oil change that's needed but you have to reset the oil pressure alarm with fault code reader or else a dealership

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Seems to be a common problem with skyactive 2.2 diesel. It's oil change that's needed but you have to reset the oil pressure alarm with fault code reader or else a dealership
I'm interested to know more about it. May I know what year is your car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Might not be a problem with th 2017 model. Supposedly it's down to city driving, the dpf doesn't get enough running time to regenerate and it dumps fuel into the oil, increasing oil level but diluting it and causing low oil pressure. Not a mechanic so from reading up on it that's what I understood

1 - 10 of 10 Posts