Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I found a Mazda6 Signature for around $34k OTD. Is this too much? I feel like I could get a better deal. My state tax is only $500 and tag fees are only $65 or so.

I'm cross shopping the Accord Touring and the Mazda6 Signature.

I test drove the Accord and it it nice but the interior was just okay to me. Seems like a decent interior but not on luxury levels.
I did like it though.

The Mazda6 I don't have a dealer that is in my city only one that's a little over an hour away.
I feel like the interior would be better but infotainment and drive maybe worse as far as performance. I do think ride quality might be better in the Mazda though.

They seem to be comparable prices. The only thing that worries me about the Mazda is the infotainment and the drive won't be as fast as far as speed goes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Feels like an "average deal", unless its a 2019 leftover. Lowest national price is $31.8 right now for 2020s.

Infotainment gets a lot of bad press, but within a day or 2 you will be an expert.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feels like an "average deal", unless its a 2019 leftover. Lowest national price is $31.8 right now for 2020s.

Infotainment gets a lot of bad press, but within a day or 2 you will be an expert.
Yeah if I could get it for 31,800 then I'd be OTD at around $32,450 plus dealer fee if they have one. That would be nice. Might sway me towards the Mazda rather than the accord at that price.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I can't complain about the infotainment coming from a CR-V 98. I must say, I easily miss the commander knob whenever I use my son's car. Even with my father's Santa Fe, I couldn't trade the comfort in terms of navigating the menu, answering a call, going back to navigational map, playing the music, etc.

The Santa Fe feels comfortable to drive, has a nice 360 camera, other features that my car doesn't have, but I can't imagine myself exchanging it.

Of course, it's like comparing apples and oranges. Yours is different but I'm just saying that whatever features the Accord has, I don't think I'll exchange it for the Mazda 6.

Unless it's like the new car of @MazdaMetalhead with "less doors", I might consider it.
😀

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
The infotainment is way better than it was for the earlier 3rd generations (mine), and I haven't heard too many complaints about the new one. There's a dedicated group of guys on the Mazda 3 forum who have been cracking the system and letting you do all sorts of neat stuff with it to make it your own.

As for how the car feels - Mazda isn't about 0-60, Mazda is about handling. There is no Accord in the world that's going to put a smile on your face like a Mazda will when you're taking a corner faster than you should be, or on a great off-ramp from a highway.

Do what you can to test drive one if possible - we have dozens of people join the forum who say they were sold the moment they drove one of these, and the Mazda driving experience is the reason most of us will never deviate.

That being said - you're on a Mazda forum, so of course we're going to be biased :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
HI,
I just got the 2020 6 GT 60 days ago. now I have 1980 miles on it. I was like you cross shopping the accord 2.0t sport and 6 GT.

Price:
Mazda 6: the number you mentioned is not the deal at all. I am at New England area, the selling price for my 2020 GT was 25500 OTD. NH is tax free, but registration is 550+. you should consider take it for at least 4.5k off msrp.
Accord 2.0t: they gave me 27k otd. compare to 6, which was not good offer. also the interior and features are not same par as 6.

Drive:
Mazda 6: it is kind of boring in straight line. 2.5T is not really like it supposed to be. 6at, the gearing is odd and tall before 6th gear. so 0-60 is slow and no thrill at all. however the worst thing is the 6th gear is low, finial drive is low as well, which causes the high rpm at 60mph, 2000 rpm at 60mph. 80 mph at around 2.6k rpm. not efficient on highway cruising.
for 2020, I do not think the driving dynamic is same as 2017. I had 2017(traded in) as well. 2020 it is tuned softer. but do not get me wrong, it is still good in the corner. good steering feel, precise. 2.5t dose not like revving.

Accord: I test drove it, 2.0t is blast, will destroy 6 gt on the straight line. and type R engine revs higher, pulls stronger. 87 octane gives you 250hp(it feels more than that honestly).
I think this gen, the handling is very very good, car feels very flat in the corner at high speed. it is stiffer than 6. I feel accord's driving dynamic is better than 6 in terms of the thrill.

the biggest issue: mazda 6 will have front suspension clunk, the chance is very very high. my 6 gt has the loud clunking. but I leased it, so do not care as much as 2017 purchased(I did not have the suspension issue solved after replacing a bunch of the suspension components all stated in the TSBs).
if you want to purchase it, think twice if you want to handle the clunking issue of the suspension. over time you would hate it for its imperfection.

reasons I took 6 gt over 2.0t accord sport, although now I am still thinking getting an accord and wanting 2.0t engine
1. more features: including better speakers, dual layers front window glasses, quieter, leatherette seats, auto dimming rear minor etc
2. price: 6 gt is cheaper, and better offer from dealer. I do not want to pay more for less features/
3. usage: I drive 100 miles a day, 3 days a week. I need better overall interior and features when cursing on the highway. but now I feel like 10at could be more efficient on highway

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, dealerships have been facing some difficulty selling cars during pandemic circumstances, even if they haven't been struggling as much as they were in March/April. Market prices will vary based on where you live but I think you can probably get a better deal than $34K OTD. I know you said there's only one dealer near you but it'll be in your best interest to find more even if it's a long drive - then you can compare prices and get the dealers competing for your business.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I looked long and hard at the Accord prior to my Mazda purchase in April. The deal-breakers on the Honda included NO GEAR SHIFTER (!!)...no NAV /Sirius on Sport trim (really Honda?) and the stereo is reputedly just awful. My car is my office so audio and NAV are compulsory in my world.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I looked long and hard at the Accord prior to my Mazda purchase in April. The deal-breakers on the Honda included NO GEAR SHIFTER (!!)...no NAV /Sirius on Sport trim (really Honda?) and the stereo is reputedly just awful. My car is my office so audio and NAV are compulsory in my world.
HI, I had same complaints as you do when I was comparing two.
honestly I really really like the way 2.0t sport drives and looks(rear end is boring a bit)
but 180watt speaker is crazy on the 32k car. and cloth seats, manual dimming minor.
however, the NAV is available when you connect apply carplay or android.

nowadays Toyota and Honda are greedy. they rise the price every year by 1k and cut the cost at the same time. TOYOTA is very extreme, greedier than Honda. they sell you a piece of plastic for 27k lowest trim(camry L). isnt that crazy?

·
Registered
78 Posts
For me it wasn’t so much the Honda vs Mazda it was the Toyota. I was looking at a Toyota Camry XSE and a Mazda6 Signature. The 4 cyl XSE offers better mpg but less performance than the 6 however that’s not my main criteria. For me I look at overall drive. How is it under normal driving conditions, passing power, noise level in the cabin and comfort. The Mazda easily made for an easy choice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
nowadays Toyota and Honda are greedy. they rise the price every year by 1k and cut the cost at the same time. TOYOTA is very extreme, greedier than Honda. they sell you a piece of plastic for 27k lowest trim(camry L). isnt that crazy?
Yeah...just for laughs I priced a Camry when they redesigned couple years back. Cupholders were a f**kng add-on??!! Yeah, we're done with Toyota. I drove them most of my life until they lost their way. No Supra, MR2, Celica, Solara. I don't want/need an SUV so moved on and haven't looked back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts