Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I buy my m6 on the january 24. it's a blue v6 manual whit gfx option.
when i bougth it the dealer told me that i will have to wait from 5 to 7 week. those 7 week are over and i am stil having no news of my car. did someone buy one like that and receive it? if yes hom much time does it take?
Sorry if i make mistake, but i am french!
:(

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: mazda 6 shiping delay

i wonder if we could start a french topic in this forum... me too i talk french...

well for your delay, i don't know where you buyed it, it surely depends of the dealer if he is or not big enough to get the models early... in quebec, albi seems the biggest, that's where i got mine, a i4 automatic and blue...

the other thing i see is the color, the salesman at albi told me that white 6 is not a model they have seen yet in their inventory, they have to order it... it could take mucho time, so be patient!

·
Registered
376 Posts

oups, i've just read you mentioned the color...

there is another topic about delays delivering v6... well, that's no good news for you guys...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Mine is delayed on account of the supply not being able to keep up with demand on the 17" alloys. Don't know if this is related.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

ok pour les francais,
j'ai acheté ma 6 chez albi mazda aussi, comme je `l'ai dit aileur sur le forum, j'ai un ami qui est directeur des ventes chez albi, lors de l'achat il m'a dit qu'il y aurait 5 à 7 semaines de délais pou mon modèle bleu manuel v6 avec le groupe gfx, il m'a aussi dit que les autres couleur pouvait être disponible en 2 à trois semaines. l'achat à ététfait le 24 janvier et ca fait 7 semines, hier jài rappeler et on m'a dit pas avant le mois d'avril.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

if it'is the 17" alloy that make all those delay why did'nt mazda take another compagny to make them it's not like if the engine was missing!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'mazda 6 shiping delay'

Originally posted by mr-patate

if it'is the 17" alloy that make all those delay why did'nt mazda take another compagny to make them it's not like if the engine was missing![/b]
They could and may but it doesn't happen overnight.

P

·
0 Posts

I ordered a silver Mazda6 GT-I4 on March 13. The dealer told me at the time that I will get the car in 4 weeks. However, the dealer now says that I will probably get the car in the first week of May. Apparently, the 6-7 weeks long delivery time is due to a shortage of 17" alloy wheels.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

As of yesterday my car is back on track with a build date of April 21st. Delivery in the last week of May or first week of June. Apparently the wheels are not a problem now?

·
Registered
44 Posts

:p

Just got mine Silver 6 GT-I4 with GFX Package on Apr 17. I ordered it on Feb 19 and was told that it would be delivered at the end of March. Thank god! It's just THREE weeks delay.

According to the salesman, the reasons what the 6 dealys are because that there is shortage of 17" Alloy and Mazda Canada has some hard time to deal with the government to promote 17" Alloy in Canada. Mazda Canada was asked whenever 10 Mazda 6 are sold, three must be in 16" steel and the rest can be 17" Alloy. I know the second reason sounds weird, but it's really what I was told when I pick up my 6. The salesman also mentioned that this might not affected to those 6s that had already been ordered. :(

However, call your dealers to see if this is true or it is just another weird excuse for the dealy.

Wish you all to have your 6 ASAP!

:)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

my car is almost there, the dealer call me two weeks ago to tell me that my car is at vancouver port, it most be at home for early may!
i am almost finish waiting! i order on january 24

·
Registered
376 Posts

the car is made in Michigan, if your dealer is true, your car traveled a lot! :D

mr patate, who's your dealer?

·
Registered
13 Posts

Well I ordered mine on the 3rd of March: a blue 4 cylinder with GS sport group. I was supposed to get it by mid April. Yesturday, my sales director told me it was delayed to June 25th. Apparently they have a provisionning problem with the alloy wheels. Apparently they are back order. It really sucks. There's nothing much I can do. We are about ten in that same situation at my dealer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Replying to Topic 'm

Originally posted by Phil

a blue 4 cylinder with GS sport group.[/b]
I don't know where you are located, but if I recall there was at least one of them at Bank Mazda or was it Carling Motors Co. Lt?. Anyhow both dealers are in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. They may still have it.

·
Registered
839 Posts

I ordered mine on March 1st and took delivery on March 8th. Mine is a Steel Grey GS-V6 5MT with GFX. Was I lucky or is it grey is not a popular colour??...
:sarc

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by CoolGrey6

I ordered mine on March 1st and took delivery on March 8th.  Mine is a Steel Grey GS-V6 5MT with GFX.  Was I lucky or is it grey is not a popular colour??...
:sarc[/b]
The GS seems to be more available. And in Vancouver there would no doubt be stock on this. heh. Big city.

Take mine for example. It will be the only one of this trim and color [body kit, leather, acc, etc] on the island of Newfoundland and one of three on the surrounding mainland [NS, NB, PEI].

·
Registered
839 Posts

Originally posted by Kincaid

one of three on the surrounding mainland [NS, NB, PEI].[/b]

Man...You're gonna get as much attension as if you were driving a Ferrari when you get your car...;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts