Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help convincing the techs of this problem, since I can't seem to replicate it at will. Here's the scenario: At times, when slowing to low speeds (like at a busy yield or slowing for a bump in the road), when I press the accelerator, the engine will rev and then slam into gear. IMO: This is dangerous, especially when it happened with my 15 year old driving with her learners permit. A tech has "updated the software?" to eliminate the "shift shock", but the problem has not gone away.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or can anyone recommend how I can better explain this to the tech?

Thanks!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Year and model?

I've had it happen a couple of isolated times in my 06i when upshifting, but not downshifting.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I need some help convincing the techs of this problem, since I can't seem to replicate it at will. Here's the scenario: At times, when slowing to low speeds (like at a busy yield or slowing for a bump in the road), when I press the accelerator, the engine will rev and then slam into gear. IMO: This is dangerous, especially when it happened with my 15 year old driving with her learners permit. A tech has "updated the software?" to eliminate the "shift shock", but the problem has not gone away.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or can anyone recommend how I can better explain this to the tech?

Thanks!
[/b]
I don't know where you're from, but many people on the forum would highly reccommend you bring it to another dealer. Just don't mention you visited the dealers that have already looked at it. There may be a problem with your engine mount. Year and model will help. Keep bringing it in though. Stress the safety involved in missing gears to them and don't stop. If you do get it fixed, invest in a tranny cooler. It will maintain service life on your transmission and help keep smoother shifts. Keep in mind also that you might be missing gears due to excessive amounts of heat build up in the transmission, so yes a tranny cooler will be a great upgrade and I've heard from people say even a 5 year old can install one....Good Luck!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the absent car details. It's a 2004 6s, atx (with that wanna-be manual thing, but I don't use it), 42,500 miles, 3L V6.

The problem seems to happen when it's trying to shift from N to 1st when the vehicle hasn't stopped. Like if you did a rolling stop, the engine would rev up like it was trying to go, but the atx didn't do anything. Then it would slam into gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah i had this problem many times too... the only thing they did was flash the software, which didn't help. Mine is also a 2004 6s with only 21000mi. I almost ran into a car coming in opposite direction once when i stopped and go because of the sudden jerk caused by the revving and the sudden shift. I tried to tell the tech about it, but everytime the only thing i'd get is "we don't see anything on the tsb or the techline". It seems like problems are seriously unless they make it to tsb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts