Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please check this article out.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021017/lath004_1.html

There's one part I'm really excited about.

"The assembly line design for the MAZDA6 sedan is flexible enough to accommodate the addition of the sport wagon and five-door body styles with no production shutdown."

Mazda, what are you waiting for? Bring the 5 door hatchback now!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 production'

If it is so easy, why don't they just do as you wish?

Well, it's not that easy.

In order to commense production of the hatch and the wagon, there has to be some production planning and expected demand.

If they haven't looked into this carefully, it would take some time to do this.

But keep mailing them. Quote that site.

"According to www.xxxxxx.xx, there is really no difficulty in putting the hatch and the wagon into production. Why don't you then? Now! If you take a look around at the web, you'll find that a big majority of all those interested in this car prefer the hatchback. If you are interested in meeting customer demand, I suggest you look into this right away."

or something like that.

Applejax letter in the thread "The letter" is a good framework for your own letter.

Do it!

:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

And one more thing. The first cars rolled off the assembly line in July, according to this pic...

·
Registered
319 Posts

I'm sure Mazda did plenty of pre-production runs to get the cars right. In that article, it states that "the first cars built for the public" or something along those lines. Where do you think all those V6 show cars came from? Or the cars you've seen in Detroit? Mazda will probably keep those cars, but starting today, the cars coming off the assemblyline are going to the dealers.

Also, on that sticker, it says "Manufactured by AutoAlliance International" That is kinda odd, considering that isn't a company. Every other sticker I've seen has at least the company name, such as "Manufactured by GM Canada" or something. Have all autoalliance cars been that way? My 626 from Japan says "Manufactured bye Mazda Motor Corp." That's what I would think would be on the 6, but maybe not.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Ford Motor Company and Mazda Motor Corporation entered into a joint venture to create AutoAlliance International, Inc. in 1992.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts