Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
I bitched to my dealer after noticing some deep scratches in my spoiler. Needless to say they repainted it for free. Maybe there was an accident upon delivery and a noob repainted your bumper. :sarc:

I was wondering if there are different quality clearcoats? Could I just get the chips I have repaired and then get a higher quality (maybe thicker) clearcoat put on? Or are all clearcoats basically the same?
[/b]
Depends on how bad they are. Do you have pics?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
When I first painted my car a different color I got alot of chips due to my style of driving. Tailgating and driving behind big rig trucks will destroy your bumper. I keep at least a 3 car distance between anything above 60mph and up. The only time I drive 80 or more is when there is hardly anybody else in sight on the highway. Yes you will sacrifice the fun of driving but it saves your paint.

·
Registered
58 Posts
True story - in new orleans after Katrina - 2 weeks in - i gouged the F*** outta the passenger front wheel on these stupid step up curbs they have EVRYWHERE- dealer replaced.... On interstate and some jackass hauling debris in a huge wood sided panel truck (totally illegal) sent something small, fast and hostile right through the passenger rear view mirror: shattered. Shelled out more $s. Couldn't find a single damn mirror for passenger side on the net.

Bumber is chipped and has the lovebug splatter marks. Drove through 100 miles of lovebugs from dealer to home on interstate. With a coat of wax, could've saved alot of deep marring

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bumber is chipped and has the lovebug splatter marks. Drove through 100 miles of lovebugs from dealer to home on interstate. With a coat of wax, could've saved alot of deep marring
[/b]
That is where the clear bra's really pay for themselves, as I have found out. I've got the Llumar on one of my cars. I have discovered, to my great joy, that bug guts don't stick to the film nearly as badly as they do to the paint, which is truly a blessing if you live in an area that's prone to to those :swearin: lovebugs! ;)

Drive Safe,
Steve R.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just back from driving on one of Scotlands busy motorways and it is nearly impossible to drive in a way to miss any stones flying about.Heavy laden trucks to the side and pulling in front of you at a fair speed even though I am no where near tailgateing.If a stone has your name on it their is little more you can do than pray for better days.If your paint is weak it will cause damage and heartbreak.

I would also hammer truck drivers who dont give a horses about what is falling off the back of their trucks,especially cement mixers who do not clean their truck properly after dropping a load and then proceed to through small stones at every car passing them or every car they pass.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts