1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have Mazda 6 2016 2.5L
i just bought it used but i notice that Check engine lamp is ON ,
I already replaced the mass air flow sensor (MAF) by my self and i rest the code using the torque App , but the check engine logo came back ON again,
any idea what can i do,?
and for how long can i ignore this ?what could be the consequences if i didn't solve this ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm having a similar one on my 2011. Same code and I've replaced the air filter and the sensor but the code keeps getting thrown. If you have any insight I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
2016 6
195 Posts
Hey there, so when this code occurs it means that the difference between the intake air amount measured by the MAF sensor and the estimated intake air amount estimated by the MAP sensor is outside of the specified value. You should look for vacuum leaks as well as check the intake air temperature (IAT) sensors as well as the Manifold pressure sensor (MAP).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey there, so when this code occurs it means that the difference between the intake air amount measured by the MAF sensor and the estimated intake air amount estimated by the MAP sensor is outside of the specified value. You should look for vacuum leaks as well as check the intake air temperature (IAT) sensors as well as the Manifold pressure sensor (MAP).
Thank you for the advice! I haven't found any vacuum leaks just by listening/feeling/looking, but I don't have access to those fancy professional smoke machine things so I'm not too sure yet. The IAT sensor seemed to be reading normal on my TorquePro app last I checked. I haven't looked into the MAP sensor yet so I'll do some research on how to troubleshoot that. It's frustrating that I haven't been able to find any info online stating what numbers I should be getting from the MAF sensor for this car, like what is the normal range? It'd also be nice if I could figure out how to get the estimated intake air amount to see how much it differs from the MAF sensor.

Do you happen to know if the Mazda 6 has a relearn/calibration procedure I'm supposed to do for the new MAF sensor? That's what my neighborhood quick lube shop said when I asked, and they said I'd have to take it to the dealer for that procedure. I haven't found anything online about a relearn procedure so I don't really trust what they said, and I'd also like to avoid the dealer if at all possible.

·
Registered
2016 6
195 Posts
Thank you for the advice! I haven't found any vacuum leaks just by listening/feeling/looking, but I don't have access to those fancy professional smoke machine things so I'm not too sure yet. The IAT sensor seemed to be reading normal on my TorquePro app last I checked. I haven't looked into the MAP sensor yet so I'll do some research on how to troubleshoot that. It's frustrating that I haven't been able to find any info online stating what numbers I should be getting from the MAF sensor for this car, like what is the normal range? It'd also be nice if I could figure out how to get the estimated intake air amount to see how much it differs from the MAF sensor.

Do you happen to know if the Mazda 6 has a relearn/calibration procedure I'm supposed to do for the new MAF sensor? That's what my neighborhood quick lube shop said when I asked, and they said I'd have to take it to the dealer for that procedure. I haven't found anything online about a relearn procedure so I don't really trust what they said, and I'd also like to avoid the dealer if at all possible.
So Mazda doesn't specify any real values to look for with both the MAF and the MAP sensors. All they ask is that both of the sensors are reading and that they vary. When the air flow increases the voltage should increase as well for both of the sensors and when air flow decreases the voltage should decrease. There's also no relearn procedures needed just remove and replace.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So Mazda doesn't specify any real values to look for with both the MAF and the MAP sensors. All they ask is that both of the sensors are reading and that they vary. When the air flow increases the voltage should increase as well for both of the sensors and when air flow decreases the voltage should decrease. There's also no relearn procedures needed just remove and replace.
Thanks again for the info! I had a feeling that shop was full of it. I'll be sure to post an update if I ever get it figured out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts