Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Mazda 6 in the Netherlands whith the DVD navigation.
(Also with parkdistance control and a MP3 CD changer :p )

Does anyone have the navigation?
What mapping provider is it based on?
Is it accurate?
Does anyone know if there is a PDF of the manual somewhere on the web?
I can't seem to find _any_ information about it :(

·
Registered
244 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 Navigation?'

Originally posted by Kerrick

Is it accurate?
I can't seem to find _any_ information about it :([/b]
MP3 CD changer? Does it fit in the standard console? What brand is it? Please tell us more!

Sorry, no info on nav though:(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

It's this one:
CDX T70MX

My dealer says they still need to develop an interface but as my 6 won't be delivered until januari he thinks it'll be on time.

As you can see.. it doesn't fit in the dash. Which is a pity but MP3 playback is more important than that :)

And it's cheaper than the in-dash changer too: 350 euro's

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

You're the man Kerrick!! You made my day with this info.

But sorry, I haven't seen any info on the Nav system either. We've got probably another 8 or 9 months (hopefully not :( ) before the hatch hits our market. Hopefully the Nav and MP3 option will be available for us by then too.

And I didn't know that parking distance assistance (that rhymes) was available on the 6. That's great!

Oh, and welcome aboard Kerrick :)

·
Registered
246 Posts

Is it accurate?
So another dutchman then! Welcome aboard!
A MP3-charger? I think it's a bit overdone.. one MP3-cd can hold over 10 hours music which is normally enough I think. 6 x 10 hours = a sick 60 hours!! Man, I don't even have that much music! And who has?
Parkdistance control must be an option I guess, but how expensive is this? And makes this system only the 'standard' sounds or has it got a rearview camera (just like the Nissan Primera)?

... and again no info about the nav.. :D sorry.. :sarc

Coen

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Both park distance control and the MP3 option seem to be localised options. So no telling in what countries they'll be offered.

My salesperson kept saying that they had asked for the MP3 CD changer interface at "Mazda Netherlands". Which may mean that Mazda Netherlands has come up with the idea that it would be very nice for dutch Mazda buyers to play MP3's and put the option on their accesoiries list. Rather than Mazda-worldwide.

It's actually the only thing that annoys me.. why didn't they just let the standard in-dash cd changer play MP3's?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

It's actually the only thing that annoys me.. why didn't they just let the standard in-dash cd changer play MP3's?[/b]
Agreed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by OppenheimeR
A MP3-charger? I think it's a bit overdone.. one MP3-cd can hold over 10 hours music which is normally enough I think. 6 x 10 hours = a sick 60 hours!! Man, I don't even have that much music! And who has?
Parkdistance control must be an option I guess, but how expensive is this? And makes this system only the 'standard' sounds or has it got a rearview camera (just like the Nissan Primera)?

Coen[/b]
Hoi :)

Well i'd settle for a single-disc MP3 player as well if there was one!
But there isn't.

And i hate converting MP3's to audio-CD's.
And i need a lot of music :) my current 10-cd changer is just toooo small.

PDC costs about 640 euro's i think. I'm leasing my car so I look at the monthly fees rather than pricetags. And for that amount you'd expect a camera.. but no..

·
Registered
246 Posts

Hoi :)

Well i'd settle for a single-disc MP3 player as well if there was one!
But there isn't.

And i hate converting MP3's to audio-CD's.
And i need a lot of music :) my current 10-cd changer is just toooo small.

PDC costs about 640 euro's i think. I'm leasing my car so I look at the monthly fees rather than pricetags. And for that amount you'd expect a camera.. but no..[/b]
Converting MP3's really is an annoying business, it's way too slow. By the time it's done, I'm already :zzz And a 10 cd-changer isn't that bad, but compared to a 6-cd MP3 changer it IS! I currently have only a single-cd charger so be glad you've a changer. ;)
You say you're leasing your car, so I presume you get the 2.0 CiTD? And if yes, which one of the two versions do you get? 120 hp or the 136 hp? And which bodyversion (sedan, hatch, break) did you ordered?
640 euro's is a lot of money, so I would be completely sure it's working properly. And then again, I don't really need such a sys, since I don't live in a big city like you do.. :D

Coen

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Is it accurate?

Coen[/b][/quote]

I believed that it was Navtech that provided their maps, but not according to Navtech. A bit of research tells that Mazda got an own Telematics division, and Mazda actually holds the patent for mobile navigation with onscreen maps, a system they patented as early as 1994.

I guess Mazda buy the maps from someone, but it's still a mystery from whom.:sarc

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I have a 323F now and the 6 is 40cm longer so i figured PDC would be handy, especially given the parking situation in Amsterdam :) It costs 630 euro's by the way.

I get crazy from the large numbers of cd's lying about everywhere so i'd like to keep that down to a few, using MP3's.

I ordered a Mazda 6 2.0 Touring Sport, Silver Contrail, Navigation, park distance control, MP3 changer..
to be delivered 15th of januari. 2 days before my skiing trip to the French Alpes :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I have a 323F now and the 6 is 40cm longer so i figured PDC would be handy, especially given the parking situation in Amsterdam :) It costs 630 euro's by the way.

I get crazy from the large numbers of cd's lying about everywhere so i'd like to keep that down to a few, using MP3's.

I ordered a Mazda 6 2.0 Touring Sport, Silver Contrail, Navigation, park distance control, MP3 changer..  
to be delivered 15th of januari. 2 days before my skiing trip to the French Alpes :)[/b]
Too bad just that you won't feel like skiing... ;-)

You picked the same car as I did, exactly - including the color. (But no navigation here...:sarc )

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

2 days before my skiing trip to the French Alpes :)[/b]
That could become very close.. ;) Do you already have 'ski-kettingen'? :D[/b][/quote]
Uh i was hoping the ones for my 323 will fit.
But having traction control and ABS should help? Right? Yes? No?

·
Registered
246 Posts

2 days before my skiing trip to the French Alpes :)[/b]
That could become very close.. ;) Do you already have 'ski-kettingen'? :D[/b][/quote]
Uh i was hoping the ones for my 323 will fit.
But having traction control and ABS should help? Right? Yes? No?[/b][/quote]

Well, that depends on the weather.. and the size of your 323 tyres must be the same. And when the road is REALLY slippery (when it rains and freezing.. brr :() ABS and TCS don't help anymore.. TCS gives less performance to the engine when the tyres lose grip, but when you don't have any grip at all... get it?

Coen

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

TCS  gives less performance to the engine when the tyres lose grip, but when you don't have any grip at all... get it?[/b]
I was bringing my chains in any case :)

·
Registered
246 Posts

TCS  gives less performance to the engine when the tyres lose grip, but when you don't have any grip at all... get it?[/b]
I was bringing my chains in any case :)[/b][/quote]

Allright then :); but do they fit? If yes, then you're looking forward to a very nice vacation.. with your 6!! :D

Coen

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Allright then :); but do they fit? If yes, then you're looking forward to a very nice vacation.. with your 6!!  :D
Coen[/b]
History repeats itself, 4 years ago I was doing the same with my then 2 days old 323F.
Not being allowed to go over 140 was a bit of a bore ;)

·
Registered
246 Posts

Allright then :); but do they fit? If yes, then you're looking forward to a very nice vacation.. with your 6!!  :D
Coen[/b]
History repeats itself, 4 years ago I was doing the same with my then 2 days old 323F.
Not being allowed to go over 140 was a bit of a bore ;)[/b][/quote]

Now you don't have to watch your speed with your brandnew 6, since all new Mazda's are 'ready to rock' when they leave the fabric. The engines are already tested in the lab, so.. :D

Coen

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I don't think it's so wise to drive over 140km/h with snow chains on though :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts