Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
My 2017 Mazda6 Tourer SE-L NAV D 2.2litre diesel, started to have issue with mirrors unfolding when unlocking the car. This only happens intermittently (about 30% of the time) and I didn't figure out any pattern. Tried to disconnect/reconnected the main battery and respective fuses, also replaced the alarm remote battery as, but these made no difference.
Basically, when I press the unlock button on the alarm remote, both mirrors try to unfold (there is a small movement) but failed to do so. I can open the doors fine but the boot remains locked. When I open drivers door, the mirrors unfold straight away and the boot also unlocks. Please see the video of what exactly is happening here - Mazda6-folding mirrors issue.mp4
It looks like something's wrong with the electrics.

Has anyone experienced the same/similar issue or know what the problem might be?
Any help would be much appretiated.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I couldn't open the file. I had my two side mirrors replaced under warranty. At first, it will close but not in a fully closed position. Then after several weeks, it will just close halfway. When it was replaced, the passenger side had the same symptoms. Since it was intermittent, they didn't replace it right away because it was "always" working whenever I visit the dealership. I took a video when it happened again. They replaced it when I submitted the video.

I think something is wrong with the gear mechanism or the motor. I was told that the usual remedy is putting grease on the plastic gears.

At the moment, I avoid folding the side mirrors unless I'm in a tight parking space. It seems like that the symptoms are starting to appear and my car is out of warranty.

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
So the 17 6 in the US wasn't available with power folding side mirrors but the cx-5 and can come with them and there is a tsb out for the same reasons. Supposedly it's,
This concern may be caused by the following:
  • The space between the mirror frame and the inner base may be too tight to allow for proper movement.
  • Due to insufficient water tightness, water enters the electric fold-in unit and results in corrosion damage.
  • The friction around the folding mechanism shaft may become increased.
Mazda just says to replace the mirrors with an updated part.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Why do you want the trunk unlocked with the rest of the car? You still have to click the button in the car or on the trunk to open it.
The trunk will unlock if I unlock the doors. If I press the button on the fob, it will unlock and open. I don't have a separate button for the trunk in the car, only in the fob. It must be same for him.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
The trunk will unlock if I unlock the doors. If I press the button on the fob, it will unlock and open. I don't have a separate button for the trunk in the car, only in the fob. It must be same for him.
The trunk lock works independently of the interior. Theres no "locking mech" like on a door, its either open or closed. Plus theres the button on the trunk itself. Odd that you dont have a button on the dash...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys
My 2017 Mazda6 Tourer SE-L NAV D 2.2litre diesel, started to have issue with mirrors unfolding when unlocking the car. This only happens intermittently (about 30% of the time) and I didn't figure out any pattern. Tried to disconnect/reconnected the main battery and respective fuses, also replaced the alarm remote battery as, but these made no difference.
Basically, when I press the unlock button on the alarm remote, both mirrors try to unfold (there is a small movement) but failed to do so. I can open the doors fine but the boot remains locked. When I open drivers door, the mirrors unfold straight away and the boot also unlocks. Please see the video of what exactly is happening here - Mazda6-folding mirrors issue.mp4
It looks like something's wrong with the electrics.

Has anyone experienced the same/similar issue or know what the problem might be?
Any help would be much appretiated.
Thank you
I had exactly the same problem and this worked for me . I used WD40 but perhaps a silicone spray would be better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts