Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm in the market of buying a new car. Just to let you know whats
going on here in hawaii as far as any Mazda 6's on the streets i've only seen one
it was a black 6i, looks really SWEET!However, the only place i've seen a bunch of them is parked at the dealership.I'm deciding on either a 6s or a altima 3.5.
i test drove a Altima 3.5se auto.It was a really nice car with the leather
sport package really powerful engine and the interior was great,handling and breaking was and really precise.Even got some stares from other people during my test drive=).Dealer offered me 500 over invoice (24,644) plus tax and lic .However, i really wanna try the 6s but here in hawaii they only have 6i models at the moment.Can anybody give me some feed back regarding the 6s,pricing, pros and cons. if anyone has tried test driving both can you give me your unbias opinion. i'm just worried cause i'm leaning toward the Mazda 6, but why ppl here arent buying them is beyond me.
I really don't wanna test drive the 6i just yet cause i know the power
isn't close to alti 3.5.I wanna wait for the 6s but i'm so anixous to get a car.Just a note,
auto.consumerguide.com had rated the altima @ 2983 lbs curb wt and
and the 6s at 3311 lbs, i really didn't know they had such a big weight
difference,however,the alti did feel real nimble for a midsize.Also,both the
Mazda 6 and Alti scored 7 pts in the steering /handling/braking catagory.
Help ppl! i'm sorry this is getting really long but i'll just be restless until
i get behind a wheel of a 6s
thank you for your time
dy
:sarc

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda 6 in hawaii?

Actually, Nissan's website claims that the Altima 3.5se auto is 3246lbs. The 2.5 is as low as 3001lbs (base w/5sp)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda 6 in hawaii?

Too bad Hawaii is a state of America. It is so closed to Japan that I would think you may get some JDM model. However, saying that you wanted a 6 cylinders.

I don't know why you need a big engine in Hawaii since it is not like really far to get anywhere there. I was there on vacation and I did not think you needed anything more than an I4 or hybrid. Oh well, that is just me. I guess there are lots of power hungry people still. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 in hawaii?'

Originally posted by hieppo

Too bad Hawaii is a state of America.  It is so closed to Japan that I would think you may get some JDM model.  However, saying that you wanted a 6 cylinders.

I don't know why you need a big engine in Hawaii since it is not like really far to get anywhere there.  I was there on vacation and I did not think you needed anything more than an I4 or hybrid.  Oh well, that is just me.  I guess there are lots of power hungry people still. :)[/b]

Yes hieppo,

There are many many people here in Hawaii who drive m3 beemers,lexus 4 series,mercedes 5's,porche',mustangs,camaros,altima 3.5,etc,etc. I mean heck if i'll be paying around 20 g's for a 6i, I might as well get the 6s for a couple of g's more right? and not be in that predicament of what if I had gotten the 6s had I bought the 6i.
I'm sure there are many 6i owners thinking hmmm, what if?
Yes it is sad we are so close to Japan.Hard really to think that there are
many many Mazda 6s that has sailed north of our beautiful state to be shiped to a mainland stockyard somewhere only to be distributed among North America and Canada.With Hawaii being such a small market for Mazda,we probably only get the left overs anyway.Only if Mazda had dropped off some 6's directly to Hawaii,Mazda could have saved us huge on the destination charge I suppose?atleast 50%?Anyway I hope to be test driving a 6s
in the near future!
aloha
dy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Originally posted by stew560

Actually, Nissan's website claims that the Altima 3.5se auto is 3246lbs. The 2.5 is as low as 3001lbs (base w/5sp)[/b]

I guess auto consumer guide should do their homework.
but result is Alti is still lighter.I mean up close the alti doesn't
look that big like some ppl here describe it as Titanic like etc..
also what i did really like about the Alti was the HID headlights
with auto leveling adjustment,I never drove a car HIDs before,
what a big difference! lights the whole place up so bright and clear.
Anyone know if Mazda will offer a HID option for the 6s?hope so!
that would sweet a 6s with HIDs.
aloha
dy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Originally posted by hieppo

Too bad Hawaii is a state of America.  It is so closed to Japan that I would think you may get some JDM model.  However, saying that you wanted a 6 cylinders.

I don't know why you need a big engine in Hawaii since it is not like really far to get anywhere there.  I was there on vacation and I did not think you needed anything more than an I4 or hybrid.  Oh well, that is just me.  I guess there are lots of power hungry people still. :)[/b]
hieppo,
btw we do have a 5 lane highway on the west side thats about
15-18 miles long with 65 mph speed limit.It's good enough to
open up a new 6s i suppose
aloha
dy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts