Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Canadians! Well I think this car is trully amazing, and I've browsed this site to see what everyone had to say. Seems we have info all over the place, it would be nice to have everything under one topic. So far, here is what I have gathered:

- sedan to come out Jan-2003, hatchback in mid-2003
- prices will range between $24-32K (as per Mazda Canada)
- both i4 and V-6 will be avail. right away. (V6 should be way to go!)
- both manual + auto(shiftronic) will be avail.
- our version should be the same as that of the USA (built there)
- many options will be avail., including ABS, Trac. control, BOSE stereo, moonroof, etc...

Anything else? That is about all i know. I am debating whether I should wait for the hatch or go for the sedan. Anyone order theirs yet??? I want to hear what everyone has to say.

I am done my lease on my 2000 Hyundai Tiburon in Nov-2003 and will be looking at buying this wicked car.

Dan

·
Registered
240 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 in Canada - info central'

Hi to all Canadain wait for a Mazda 6,

I will introduce myself. I have been owning Mazda cars. I started with a 626 (85); then a MX-6 (89); then a Protege (92). Mazda are reliable cars, I can prove it. Actually because my crazy driving style, my friends and familly can not believe that my cars did not break on me in anyway. I crossed Canada many time from cost-to-cost. I defeat many speed traps. I was holding my 626 at 185 km/h for hours at the time and I am not kinding. That engine did never toke any oil at all. Same thing for the MX-6. I am sure the new owners are still driving them if the car body survived corrosion due to salt on highways during Canadian winters. My Protege went often over 200 km/m (even considering the error on the dial which is 4km overrating at 100 km/h). I know this is crazy, considering that the Protege have very poor brake for the speed it can reach. Anyhow ... I never run into a deer or a moose and I'm still alive!

I have to admit, Mazda look has never been among the best until recently. But even so, I always owned Mazda cars because there were mainly reliable and functional (nice trunk); and cheap to maintian. Since 97 I wanted to change my Protege but all that time I could not find similar qualities in other cars. Last year I almost bought a Passat. Despite the large trunk, it was not exactly what I was looking for. I need a 60/40 split for the rear seat, with the 60% on the left side which offer minimum 26inch in width (no wagon no thanks). Only Mazda do that, if I exclude GM-Malibu. But I did not want to buy American design/made car because the low reliability. All to say, that I have been holding off my Protege since then, waiting for a good car to come on the market.

I found out about the Mazda 6 only last winter. Since then I have been waiting. I could buy this January but I will wait the Spring so I can get the car treated against corrosion prior I drive it in a winter. I personally rather the sedan look (I am a typical North American, hatchback cars have always a dirty rear window (it is why the read wiper); and the habitat is not as quiet as a sedan) but I might bought the 5 doors because the shape and access to the trunk.

PS - I like Mazda cars, but I hate Mazda dealers. A matter of fact, any car dealers. But guess what, I never had to visit them since I always owned reliable cars. :)

Cheers,

·
Registered
240 Posts

Originally posted by MazdaForLife

....  My Protege went often over 200 km/m (even considering the error on the dial which is 4km overrating at 100 km/h).  I know this is crazy, considering that the Protege have very poor brake for the speed it can reach.  ...[/b]
By the way, my Protege has currently 285683 km, and will be well over 300000 km by the time I get the 6. I only changed the alternator, the fuel tank and the rear shocks. I am not counting tires, brakes, mufflers and other wearing items. Everything else is still original. Any interested buyers? ;-)

·
Registered
837 Posts

Man that is amazing.

With a story like, how can I resist not buying a Mazda.

I sure hope the majority of Mazda is like what you have. What I worry is the quality control on their production. Is the majority of Mazda on the road like yours all do we get varying quality among the production. For example, do we find few high reliable car like yours Mazdaforlife and lots of below par units and few average quality?

What I find is that Honda and Toyota statistic is a bit better with their quailty control. Only a small percentage of their car has hiccups. While the other companies have much more problem.

Like yourself, I care less about dealers since you see them once when you buy your car and maybe a few regular maintainance checkup. The remaining work probably will be done by non-factory places. If the car has a big problem then it will sold very fast and you will not see the dealer again.

I just wonder why Honda and Toyota has such good rep if Mazda, Nissan and others have been struggling even if they have quality products.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The majority of Mazda cars ARE like that.

As I've stated before: In Sweden, Mazda is the most reliable car, it comes out on the top of every single test...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts