Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
The one in red may have a hotspot, but it is not perfect; the cut off line is quite fuzzy when compared to the blue. Could be adjustment, could be dirty lenses or otherwise compromised optics.
I also suggest that if you are going to move to HID, replace the lamp assembly and not just the bulb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
[
I'm heavy into aftermarket automotive lighting. I'm currently building a set of lights for my 6. Just need the time to do it.

What watt ballasts are you running? @6000k they should be a little on the blue side. If you are running a 55w ballast, you increase the output by about 10% but lose about 1000k in color.
Just standard 35 watt, as you can see on bulbfacts actual colour of globe can be different from claimed. Are you putting 3 inch into your system?, just wondering if you will cut open bigger hole in bezel and whether the beam will be to close to lower horizantal bezel plane, throwing a big shadow in front of car.

·
Registered
535 Posts
No, I shouldn't have to cut anything. There is plenty of room behind the bezels for the projectors. I will be running a 3" projector. Here are the exact ones that I bought for mine.

I already have them painted for passive demon eyes I just need a good 3 day weekend to install everything.

1569263004295.jpg

1566676503219.jpg

·
Registered
535 Posts
A simple projector swap should only take a few hours but I'm going all out on my headlight build. Passive demon eyes, halos, active demon eyes with different effects, custom turn signals, custom high beam spot (still need to see how much room I have for this), and custom Ford Fusion fog lights in the lower fog spot. Most of my wiring is ran in the car already, controller is made and ready, all hooked up to a wireless remote to control the effects and halos. I also have a custom demon eye indicator for the interior of the car that will show what the demon eyes are doing.

My deadline to have everything installed is Dec 24th. I need to have it all ready for a Christmas eve cruise in.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts