Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i recently purchased a 14 mazda 6 gt. Of course, a couple months after I get it, the passanger side drl bar doesn’t work. It bothers me knowing it doesn’t work, even though it’s a little thing. Ocd.

I feel like I have spent countless hours searching trying to find a factory replacement because what I’ve been told, you can’t fix just the led bar or whatever it is. (I’m new to Mazda’s so bare with me)

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. I love the look of the Bi xenon headlights and I wish to keep them. Thanks in advance!

Jake

·
Registered
652 Posts
, the passanger side drl bar doesn’t work. It bothers me knowing it doesn’t work, even though it’s a little thing. Ocd.

Jake
Yes I know, I'd feel the same. And it's annoying that you can't replace that particular part but buy the whole assembly. This is similar to the outgoing model of Santa Fe. The DRL got broke and the dealership said that it needs the whole thing to be replaced! I think this is the trend for DRL across all car brands and Mazda is no exception.

Anyways, you might want to check this and see if it applies to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know, I'd feel the same. And it's annoying that you can't replace that particular part but buy the whole assembly. This is similar to the outgoing model of Santa Fe. The DRL got broke and the dealership said that it needs the whole thing to be replaced! I think this is the trend for DRL across all car brands and Mazda is no exception.

Anyways, you might want to check this and see if it applies to you.

Thank you for the response, I was able to search the assembly on the mazda parts site, and when I look at the HID housing, it doesn’t seem to show the DRL strip? Am i missing something? Or just dumb?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts